PDA

View Full Version : no dial-up adapter, am i missing out?

XR-34
Sep 16, 2003, 01:05 PM
i have a GC and i can't afford a modem right now. how much good stuff am i missin out on? i used to play online on DC v1 and i was constantly getting NOL'd and i finally quit when one hacker DESTROYED MY DREAMCAST. from that point on i would have nothing to do with pso. is the GC version safer to play online? i dont wanna lose my good weaps and items cuz i don't dupe....yet. also, is it possible to make a copy of your char on a diff memory card? like in the DC version it was possible to use a specific Gameshark "no disconnect when memory card is taken out" code. then you swap in a new memory card and quit and save, and voila a perfect copy. can Action Replay for GC do that?

CGoodness
Sep 16, 2003, 03:39 PM
It's not that bad... No NOLing but people are cheap and use bkbs and other uber rare dupes

i say dont do it

i am offline and im fine

ShadowFOrce
Sep 16, 2003, 04:19 PM
Eh, Its pretty cool, but yea people so dupe way too much. They use all these impossible to find rares at like level 1 and they do alot of maxing stats.

joncushing
Sep 16, 2003, 04:45 PM
I watched a mate play online and it was cool! Him and some people ran around ult mines (admitably he was the weakest one there lol)just destroying everything in every room so quickly, all i could see was a shot being fired and cool rafoie explosions all over the place. It was pretty good! Everyone worked together and healed each otnher aswell. So yes going online seems to be worth it if you find the right kind of people to play with http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Mman2000
Sep 16, 2003, 04:54 PM
Nope, you can't copy characters. Oh and BTW there are no AR codes for PSO thanks to an agreement between CodeJunkies and ST.

PABLOparavida
Sep 16, 2003, 06:34 PM
If you're online you're not missing out.

deadly_thing
Sep 16, 2003, 06:40 PM
On 2003-09-16 11:05, XR-34 wrote:
i have a GC and i can't afford a modem right now. how much good stuff am i missin out on?

damn, thatīs no big trouble man, even if I could afford a modem right now there is no such device for xbox, (or so Iīve been told) and the broadband and that xbox live and hunterīs license stuff would get me bankrupted in no time DAMN

Rich_T
Sep 17, 2003, 12:59 PM
Compared to DC PSO, GC PSO is almost totaly safe, at the moment there are no cheats or hacks that can affect your character (unlike DC PSO with NOL, etc)
the only problme you might have is coruption, but this was also posible on DC PSO.
the only way to (help) prevent coruption on GC PSO is to use an official nintendo memory card.