PDA

View Full Version : I'm gonna go online... but i need some advice

Tsadkiel
Sep 16, 2003, 04:43 PM
hey
I'm gonna get online soon and i wanted to know what i should expect. I'm an old vet from the dreamcast versions and i want to know whats changed and what's stayed the same.
Hows the cheater problem (better or worse)?
Who should or shouldn't i talk to?
What about lag, FSOD, BSOD ect...?

Thanks for the help...

joncushing
Sep 16, 2003, 04:52 PM
Well its a little better since you cant get NOL-ed, there isnt any hacks that allow you to kill people but it seems there are vast numbers of dupers and level 1 characters that have duped weapons like BKB and maxed stats. Also its sometimes a good idea to carry no more than one weapon (the one you have equipped), a friend of mine had a problem (FSOD or whatever it may have been) and he lost all unequipped items including weapons, trimates and other items like that. If your careful and find the right kind of people online to play games with you shouldnt have any problems

Dillon
Sep 16, 2003, 04:52 PM
Well..as with other online games, there's a large, rather large, community of cheaters. So expect lots of them, espcially dupers, but most of us here are "legit," so get names of people here to play with if you like.

Apparently, lag and *SODs are quite common. This is why I've not pursued going online.

Anyway..not much has changed, from what I've read. GameCube version has lots of new online quests, while the XBox version isn't doing as well. I'm not too sure on things, as I'm only offline, I'm just telling you what I know from what I've read here.

But anyway..

Tsadkiel
Sep 16, 2003, 04:56 PM
NOLing
I remember that.
glad that it stoped though http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

PABLOparavida
Sep 16, 2003, 06:25 PM
Take the advice but don't be too nervous about everything. I've been online probably 50+hours and no fsod or anything happened to me.

Aphrodite2003
Sep 16, 2003, 06:32 PM
Online is great. U can just find empty lobbies and stuff if you dont like people/cheaters or sometin. And it really isnt as bad as people present it. So, just live life. U get corrupted u start over, best answer most people can give u.

JohanCC
Sep 16, 2003, 06:51 PM
all u really have to worry about is FSOD-X. there's no PK's or NOLing or anything like that. if u want to avoid hackers/dupers play in private games. so far for me it was worth it. i have a fast internet and have had very little lag and no FSODs.

JavaMoon
Sep 16, 2003, 11:18 PM
The best thing to do that would eliminate all worrying is to have a separate online-only card filled with characters who you aren't worried about losing, just in case you do. Keep all your more important items and higher level characters offline.

Butoden
Sep 17, 2003, 09:50 AM
Yes just start with a char like yours but call him [yournickname] 2 if you want to see how it is on-line...