PDA

View Full Version : Blargh!! Gimme Red Sword!!

Tsudo_Plat
Sep 18, 2003, 02:56 PM
Does anyone know what quest is the easiest for finding GoVulmers? I've been playing Addicting Food for ages, but I've only gotten Chain Sawds and Guilty Lights... no Red Sword, no Red Daggers, no Red Slicer!!

Has anyone else had this much trouble? I mean I'm getting close to 50 runs through Addicting Food and still no Red Sword or other red weapon. Lemme know if anyone has found a Red Sword, also what they were playing when they got it, how many GoVulmers it took em, etc.

btw, I'm Skyly in case you didn't know.

Bit
Sep 18, 2003, 02:58 PM
Offline Quest Tier 3 Enemy Counts-

http://www.pso-world.com/sections.php?op=viewarticle&artid=654

Tsudo_Plat
Sep 18, 2003, 03:05 PM
thx, Bit you are THE man!

TheAlmightyNewbie
Sep 18, 2003, 03:58 PM
Chain Sawd's better for HUcasts anyway :/. I think Addicting Food has the most Govulmers, but I found mine in Secret Delivery @beat 221.

deathdragon2006
Sep 18, 2003, 04:56 PM
i can give you a red slicer,red mechgun,red sword,and red saber.i'm still looking for the rest

Auracom
Sep 18, 2003, 10:06 PM
If you're online try and get an ID that drops red swords from Melqueeks. I found it much easier. With a redria ID ive seen 2 Redsword drops within 3 runs. With a Whitil ID I've seen about a total of 4 drop in under 20 runs. With my Skly I've seen about 2 drop within 100 runs... my experience tells me that Melqueeks are less stingy. And Ice Spinners a good quest to hunt GoVulmer/Melqueek and Endless MopUp 2 is pretty good aswell.

NKOTB
Sep 18, 2003, 10:21 PM
In 49 Addicting Food runs, I have found 2 Red Swords.

My 50th and final run will be in about 5 minutes.
------
FYI
The second one had 15% Altered Beast which has made the runs go faster.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: NKOTB on 2003-09-18 20:22 ]</font>

Blue-Hawk
Sep 18, 2003, 10:51 PM
On 2003-09-18 13:58, TheAlmightyNewbie wrote:
Chain Sawd's better for HUcasts anyway :/. I think Addicting Food has the most Govulmers, but I found mine in Secret Delivery @beat 221.

Actually, the red sword has a much higher atp than the chain sawd.

Stalfos333
Sep 18, 2003, 11:14 PM
The ChainSawd's HP sap ability, which I hear is fairly accurate for a sword, is what makes the difference for a droid without unlimited resta. The Red Sword may be a more powerful sword, but the special will only do something like 80 damage tops for an android. Obviously, the situation is different when you play as a character who can heal him or herself, especially since the fire special attack gets a boost.

Jazhara
Sep 19, 2003, 02:41 AM
On 2003-09-18 21:14, Stalfos333 wrote:
The ChainSawd's HP sap ability, which I hear is fairly accurate for a sword, is what makes the difference for a droid without unlimited resta. The Red Sword may be a more powerful sword, but the special will only do something like 80 damage tops for an android. Obviously, the situation is different when you play as a character who can heal him or herself, especially since the fire special attack gets a boost.

The HP drain also doesn't get split out as with a normal Sword ES attack - each enemy you hit restores 120HP on ULT.

Light, ES, ES combo on a pack of 5 enemies hits much of the time and restores 1200 HP.

V nice if you have no Resta... http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif

Tsudo_Plat
Sep 19, 2003, 01:00 PM
Yes, I know all this, but I want Red Sword anyways. I typically just go with a Weak, Strong combo most of the time anyways, so they rarely ever hit me. Plus I'd rather have the increased attack power for bosses and such. Also Red Sword looks cool! =)

btw, does Red Sword's paralyzing special work very often or not? Just wondering.....

CGoodness
Sep 19, 2003, 09:06 PM
My red Sword came from a melqueek but in case it helps it took me 35 caves runs