PDA

View Full Version : v1/2 and ep 1&2

OriginalLacan
Sep 18, 2003, 03:28 PM
When I used to play v1 and v2 I think all i found in 100's hours was a db saber and a varista. In ep 1&2 some of my characters have rares coming out of their ears. Was there a tweak in drop probability between the 2 versions or did i just have an unlucky character on DC? I also notice that pso v1/2 was the slightest bit harder. just me?

Ketchup345
Sep 18, 2003, 03:34 PM
People here have said many times that the rare drops are more common in the GC/XBox version. Also people are complaining that Ultimate is easier than it was in DC days.

OriginalLacan
Sep 18, 2003, 03:37 PM
hmm i would agree with that

Dhylec
Sep 18, 2003, 03:39 PM
ep2 has much better drop rate than v2
but dont expect 10+ star rares to appear that easily http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

zimmk2vgc
Sep 18, 2003, 03:39 PM
Ultimate is easier than before...but thats only because when you entered ult offline on DC, you could not hit a bloody thing!!! Even at 101, when i hit those barbles i was doing 0 damage. Ult was way too hard. But I think Ult gets harder as you go up levels. I used to be able to complete forest in 10 mins at level 90. Now 115, it takes me a good half an hour along with deaths to finish the damn thing. Perhaps i was just having a bad day...but i was playing on antares...so maybe that's why. Stay local people! Bring region locking to GC that's what i Say.

OriginalLacan
Sep 18, 2003, 03:46 PM
I found a weapon offline last night, that isn't on the droplist. can anyone put up a link to who i send that info to, to get it added to the yellowboze,mines,vhard drop list?

BlackRanger
Sep 18, 2003, 04:09 PM
Its alot eaisier to find rares and beat ult On ver.1 I couldn't beat much of anything at lvl 125

PABLOparavida
Sep 18, 2003, 04:37 PM
I've heard that version 1 and 2 are a lot harder. i'm glad I got gamecube. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

Ketchup345
Sep 18, 2003, 04:55 PM
On 2003-09-18 13:46, OriginalLacan wrote:
I found a weapon offline last night, that isn't on the droplist. can anyone put up a link to who i send that info to, to get it added to the yellowboze,mines,vhard drop list?

PM Lollipoplolita with:
Sect ID
Area
Difficulty
Box Level (Floor #)

Blackwaltz-R
Sep 18, 2003, 04:58 PM
before the release of the game it was SAID that they would make eps1 LESS difficult for the n00bs, and for the peeps who have gone thru the game COUNTLESS times dont feel like taking the same time going through eps1 and spend some time on ep2, which is a bit tougher, with alot of traps, which no one is considering.

BlackRanger
Sep 18, 2003, 05:03 PM
Yeah Episode 2 is alot harder than Episode 1...

DarkShinjaru
Sep 18, 2003, 05:06 PM
I played through ep2 instead of ep1 and I enjoyed it a lot more. Leveled up much faster, but that Gol Dragon is quite hard if you dont know what you're doing.

I played wayyyy back on v1 days, and yes, ep1 and 2 is easier. You gotta take into consideration though that for v1, highest ATP went to hucast and that was around 710 *vhard max difficulty*, 999 atp overall max; GC and Xbox have much higher stats so it would be easier. ATA was horrific for v2 though, I had to use a pallasch 40% hit to kill anything/hit in the ult forest; most of the time I used traps to kill.

If you look at the item findings, the v2 counterparts have much better stats; take a look at the S-Rank J-Cutter once, or Lavis Blades..but those kinda equaled out for ep1 and 2 even though the stats were higher. 180% spread needle did nothing, except for maybe Dal Ra Lie. 200%+ Spread needle now is High-speed spanking.

OriginalLacan
Sep 18, 2003, 05:41 PM
thanks for the item findings submission info ketchup

starhealer
Sep 18, 2003, 06:26 PM
I'm just mad that they got rid of Hit materials. My ATA could use a little boost...

vegeta000110
Sep 18, 2003, 07:30 PM
I cringe at the thought that v.1/2 is harder than ep.1/2 because it's so hard for my HUne at 92 to hit almost anything in ult. And that's with 182 ATA (which is an improvement since she entered ult at 65).

Solidus_Snake
Sep 18, 2003, 09:03 PM
I also have bad luck with rares....i hate it

OriginalLacan
Sep 19, 2003, 12:38 AM
so what do you prefer? the v1/2 days where rares were actually "rare" and a red box was greeted with "ooohs" and "ahhhhs" or nowadays where you'll have 2 dozen rares by the time you hit lv 50?

I think the old days were better (not that theres anything to complain about now)but then again i enjoy a good challenge.

ps; i notice rares are hard to come by untill 50hrs. then all of a sudden,I find at least 2 or 3 a night (though varistas are still quite common)I'm tempted to fire up the DC again and see what i find there...