PDA

View Full Version : Importing EP3 question

RagRappy2000
Sep 18, 2003, 04:20 PM
Ok heres the thing. I have the American version of PSO EP 1&2. And if i try to import Episode 3 I heard that If you have an imported PSOEP3 and an american episode 1&2 that you cant have a universal account between both of them. What should i do should i get ep1&2 plus and get ep3 too so i can play with both on the same account or should i just wait till the american version comes out. Someone please help i appreciate it thanks http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: RagRappy2000 on 2003-09-18 14:21 ]</font>

TinyD
Sep 19, 2003, 09:28 AM
I checked as much as I can, but it looks like there's no way to know until the game has come out and someone tests it with a US/EU account - you'll just have to wait and see. The JP, US and EU serial no. and access key all have exactly the same format, so the only way to tell is to physically type it in and see if the server accepts it or bars it.

Also, JP games format memory cards differently to US games, so any data you get on the JP version won't be able to transfer to the US copy of the game - it will show as a blank memory card. This means you can't do multiplayer with ppl in the US unless they also have the JP version and you'll have to restart your character if you feel the need to buy the US version yourself later.

So, if you're in any doubt, don't get it.

If, however, you absolutely must have epIII straight away, then get it! But you may be taking a risk.

btw, I have a funny feeling in my bones that the US and EU copies will be out very early next year - the official versus guide to episode III is due to be published on 1st jan 2004, and they have only ever printed the english language guides in the past, so logically...

k, seeya!

Tiny D

RagRappy2000
Sep 19, 2003, 05:41 PM
On 2003-09-19 07:28, TinyD wrote:
I checked as much as I can, but it looks like there's no way to know until the game has come out and someone tests it with a US/EU account - you'll just have to wait and see. The JP, US and EU serial no. and access key all have exactly the same format, so the only way to tell is to physically type it in and see if the server accepts it or bars it.

Also, JP games format memory cards differently to US games, so any data you get on the JP version won't be able to transfer to the US copy of the game - it will show as a blank memory card. This means you can't do multiplayer with ppl in the US unless they also have the JP version and you'll have to restart your character if you feel the need to buy the US version yourself later.

So, if you're in any doubt, don't get it.

If, however, you absolutely must have epIII straight away, then get it! But you may be taking a risk.

btw, I have a funny feeling in my bones that the US and EU copies will be out very early next year - the official versus guide to episode III is due to be published on 1st jan 2004, and they have only ever printed the english language guides in the past, so logically...

k, seeya!

Tiny D

So your saying if i get the JP version i cant play with US people online? Man i need this to work out hmmmmm.......... http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_confused.gif