PDA

View Full Version : Challenge: Challenge Mode Shorthand

FluxGryphon
Sep 18, 2003, 06:18 PM
Have you ever noticed while playing C-mode online that there seem to be a variety of different ways people describe things very briefly? For example, to quickly point out the stats on a weapon, someone might say 70a to denote a weapon with 70 A.Beast.

It'd likely be helpful for the more experienced C-mode players to write down some of the shorthand they have seen or have used themselves in this thread for those of us who are less experienced. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif Just a thought.

VulpesMundi
Sep 19, 2003, 03:36 AM
n = Native
a = A.Beast
m = Machine
d = Dark
h = Hit
#/# = Area % and Hit (ie. 50/70 would be 50% Dark and 70 Hit in the Ruins)
sab -or- sbr = Saber / saber-class
brd = Brand
bus = Buster
pal = Pallasch
swd = Sword / sword-class
gig = Gigush
dag -or- dagr = Dagger / dagger-class
knf = Knife
bld = Blade
prt -or- part = Partisan / partisan-class
hal = Halbert
slc -or- slcr = Slicer / slicer-class
hg = Handgun / handgun-class
ag -or- auto = Autogun
lg -or- lock = Lockgun
rg -or- rail = Railgun
rif -or- rfl = Rifle / rifle-class
snip = Sniper
mg -or- mech = Mechgun / mechgun-class
aslt = Assault
shot = Shot / shotgun-class
#arm -or- #armor = level requirement for a suit of armor
s# -or- #s = slots on a suit of armor (0 to 4)
#shld -or- #shield = level requirement for a shield
pow # = */Power unit, ATP added
mind # = */Mind unit, MST added
arm # = */Arm unit, ATA added
legs # = */Legs unit, EVP added
a/lck = Angel/Luck
w/body = Warrior/Body
g/body = General/Body
d/hp = Digger/HP
g/hp = General/HP
m/tp = Magician/TP
g/tp = General/TP
mate -or- m8 = Monomate / -mates in general
mm = Monomate
dm = Dimate
tm = Trimate
fluid = Monofluid / -fluids in general
mf = Monofluid
df = Difluid
tf = Trifluid
mono = Monomate / Monofluid (varies, not too reliable)
di = Dimate / Difluid (varies, not too reliable)
tri = Trimate / Trifluid (varies, not too reliable)
anti = Antidote / Antiparalysis (generally regarding both simultaneously)
ad -or- antid = Antidote
ap -or- antip = Antiparalysis
sol = Sol Atomizer
star = Star Atomizer
doll = Scape Doll
pow mat = Power Material
def mat = Def Material
mind mat = Mind Material
evd mat = Evade Material
lck mat = Luck Material
hp mat = HP Material
tp mat = TP Material
monog = Monogrinder
dig = Digrinder
trig = Trigrinder

Nobody bothers to shorthand force weapons. They all have short names as it is and most people usually don't even bother to say they have/dropped one since they're typically only useful for switches.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: VulpesMundi on 2003-09-19 01:50 ]</font>

Capricornus
Sep 19, 2003, 05:30 AM
Yep JP players in TA use it a lot.
But like Fox said, it only applies to HU or RA weps.
The area is also never mentioned.
A mechgun in mines with 70% and 55 hit would be: MG 70/55
List is rather long Fox, and only 10% of it is really used (I dont see someone mentioning a lvl requirement for a specific shield or an antidote or sol that he could have found)
But very handy shortcuts indeed, this prevents the trouble of picking up items and checking them.
Much appreciated in TA games http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

rena-ko
Sep 19, 2003, 06:14 AM
most of the time, i'm silent in cmode games...

but wheni have to claim something, i type names out... or keep it very short to not spam the screen with unnecessarily large bubbles.

altought... "k pow" for knight/power was a bit too short recently *laughs*

but to type "b 70 50" for a buster with 70 area and 50 hit is enough, once you consider buster is the best weapon to get in this area and even though if people cant immediately realize what b means, they will when they are at the next door ^-^

Jazhara
Sep 25, 2003, 05:08 AM
"w00t, fakking nice one" - Dim gun 100%H. ;D

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Jazhara on 2003-09-29 05:51 ]</font>

AxemPunanny
Sep 25, 2003, 01:23 PM
if you're fast typist, playing with people who don't know the lingo, then it would still be good. I haven't played online with the GC yet; mainly on Xbox. I realize how much easier it is to speak out what you got or found (as long as you can hear them).

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: AxemPunanny on 2003-09-25 11:23 ]</font>

Jazhara
Sep 29, 2003, 07:48 AM
Note the list above from Vulpes is a logical one, but bigger and thus less cohesive than that JP TA players use. Much of what I post here is a rehash / streamlining of what he has, plus one or two additions:

Weapons

- b = brand or buster, as relevant for the stage.

- d = dagger - as with brands, this is also applied to blades, knives etc. Some JPs will list knives as kn#, but it's best to stick to d (there are no other weapons beginning with d to confuse them with).

- Sword and Slicer are sw and sl respectively.

- Rifles are r, snipers usually named specifically with sn.

- mg = mechguns as appropriate for the stage, i.e. c9 mg is used for Assault. Generally mg will be used for any type of mechs.

- All guns are listed as Vulpes has above, hg, ag, lg, rg

- As Capricornus says, the area damage is never specifically listed. b60 means brand / buster with damage bonus for that area. If a weapon has damage and hit list it as #dmg #h hit, e.g. b60 25 in a Caves stage is brand 60% A. Beast 25% hit. If it only has hit %, list as b60h - brand 60 hit.

Items

- $ = doll

- monomates, dimates, scape dolls etc have no abbreviation, they are written simply as numbers - monomate, dimate, scape doll. Trimates are counted as dimates in these numbers. E.g.: 7 3 2 is seven monomates, three dimates, two scape dolls. If someone says 0 0 0 or 1 0 0 or 0 0 1 in a stage they need healing items (nothing, one monomate, one scape doll respectively).

- f #A #B = First number is monofluids, second is difluids. If you have trifluids from a grave add a third number. The standard way for a FO to write total TP resource in time attack is fluids and dolls all in one go, e.g: f6 5 $3 is five monofluids, five difluids, and three scape dolls. f6 5 1 $3 would be the same but with an extra trifluid.

- For TP / HP / luck units the same principle is used for the other stats, e.g. as with Knight Power being atp+5, so general hp is hp+20. This whole principle is used for materials also, so atp+10 can mean general power it can mean power material. Either way the same person needs it so this works fine. Basically anything that boosts a stat is called this way.

- Antidotes / antiparalysis are usually requested / handled via word select.

Protectors

s# - As above, the number of slots in an armor. Call this out when dropping armor with high (2-4) slots.

- Request slotted armor via word select ("Does anybody have armor with extra slots" in the items section).

Most of the other abbreviations listed above will only be seen in US games, they have sprung up from players emulating the JP system and getting over-specific. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Jazhara on 2003-09-29 06:11 ]</font>

Sheik1
Oct 3, 2003, 01:46 AM
Jazhara, this is a good list and basically what I see. I might touch on a few points if you don't mind.

If I play FOnl and drop item I usually say 60b for either 60buster. I usually put the number first. If a sword type wep I will just say 40 20sw.

If I need a item like a anti I will use word select and just say "antidote." The players can see from status icons that I am poisened and I need a item if I say it.

Dolls I will usually say d1 for 1 doll or d4 for 4 dolls. Also, f4 for 4 fluids. I usually dont need to specify di or tri as they are usually not full. if I say f10 f9 then I am full and player should know that they must pick the item so it is not left behind.

In TA players know all what should happen so if a question arrises like can the FO carry this item they will say f?. I reply with f10 if full and they know not to drop them. If I want fluids I will say f3 and player knows I have room for fluid so they drop at next door for me to hold.

Commonly I will also let team know why I am not attacking such as 43LVup meaning 43 points to level up and TP refil. It would be a waste to use a fluid at that point. 128exp is the limit for use of a fluid. Anything less than that I will be tagging for exp.

Occasionally a non-FO player will say f3 meaning they want to give fluids and let the FOnl know they are dropped at the door. If I reply with f9 then they know I can not pick them.

While on the subject of item drops. Item drops in hallways are bad becuase of lag the player will miss the item. Item drops at next door before room is clear is best becuase players like me will not sit and wait around for a player to drop a item like a doll. I will pass it by if it is not in the next door way. In TA you do not turn around or stop to pick a item. It is a waste of time for both players.

On the note of switches that acivate with items. In C2 players will commonly say 3w or 3wep or maybe just 3 for the number of weapons they have for the switch. If they have less than 4 that is a note for the other players to drop one. For shields I use 3s for 3 shields or "s ok" for sheilds have enough. If anything less than 4 player must drop shields at the door before the switch so one player can activate it. Only one player is needed to activate switches. Any more than one and it is a waste of time.

In C8 the first 3 rooms players will call out numbers on weapons found for the shortcut switch. Just saying "1" says you found 1 wep. All players should say a cound after each room clears. If you have none say 0. It makes sure there is no question on what you have. Oh, for that shortcut finding 2 weapons is best for that. The FO and one HU can spare their weps until they find one. Sometimes this can be difficult as TA teams will often drop anything for less time.

In C9 the shortcut is always used for TA. It requires 8 shields and 8 weapons to activate it. Players are expcted to drop their shields for this switch becuase finidng 8 shields, especially in a fast TA map, is very rare. Numbers are usually not called out for this switch as it is in area 45, the last area.

Maybe this helps a little, this is commonly what I see and type for items. If the players know TA then much else is not needed. All players know what they have and what others need. Teamwork is good for this.

--Sheik