PDA

View Full Version : People who Claim you stole "THEIR" Rare

Reece
Sep 18, 2003, 07:13 PM
Don't you hate it when a monster drops a Rare and you get it... Well thats not the bad thing, the bad thing is those people that Claim you have Stolen Their Rare. That really pisses me off. I remember I was furiously searching for a Ruby Bullet this summer. Over 40 Mines runs and nothin. One day I decide to go online. I go into a game Vol Opt drops Ruby Bullet and I pick it up. A Stupid little FOnewerl says "wtf thats my rare! you stole it!GET OUT OF MY GAME NOW!" And I had been searching forever for it lol. Anyone else hate these type of Selfcentered/Selfish people

CGoodness
Sep 18, 2003, 09:10 PM
Same thing happened to me once but everyone forgave me after i showed the that it was a Gae Bolg lol.

My friends always play multiplayer offline and they get mad at each other if one gets more rares than the toher and one of the always calls "boss rare" which is dumb considering it's usually a star atomizer haha.

Firocket1690
Sep 18, 2003, 11:38 PM
heh

one of the other really-bad-things-that-piss-me-off
is whensomebody just joins a game, and asks for a telepipe.

You stop attacking after the next deminian and walk aside to cast ryuker/use telepipe
the deminian you just killed dropped some rare
and the guy comes down the TP sees the red box and RUNS STRAIGHT FOR IT
without even as much as a "Hello."

*sigh*
if you start bitching at them, they say it's "their rare"
If you take it first, they start bitching about "their rare" and hthey saw it first!

hel, you killed the damn monster! you should take it!
usually, when I play with my friends (online), only the killer gets the drops of the killed.
Ex:
I killed that bastard, I get WTF he dropped
I got last hit on boss, it's mine!
But, Yes, we do share whatever we might not need
*coughracastdoesn'thogtechscough*

_Sinue_
Sep 19, 2003, 12:40 AM
I do my rare hunting offline or in locked games. I rarely pick up stuff online, even menial ???? items and normal armors to sell for meseta. When a rare drops, and I see it, I usually just say "Red Box". Whoever gets it, gets it. I could care less.

Ocassionally I'll be in a game with one specific item in mind, and that's it. If that item drops - it's mine. Anything else that drops, from a Gae Balog to a Heaven's Punisher, is fair game for anyone else. I won't touch it.

The only instances when I don't do that is when I'm in a game with a bunch of people that are using duped items and modded stats to basically rape the game and take out any semblence of challenge. They obviously don't need it. I'll also take rares if there's a annoying player in the game - expecially a greedy one. I'll tek it to find out what it is, say no to the Tekker's analysis, and then usually give the untekked item to the player who I feel deserves it the most. Also, if I'm in an area fighting alone and there's no-one else around - I'll take it.

Firocket1690
Sep 19, 2003, 01:41 AM
On 2003-09-18 22:40, _Sinue_ wrote:
Also, if I'm in an area fighting alone and there's no-one else around - I'll take it.

http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif hehe

Lede
Sep 19, 2003, 03:10 AM
I remeber a few months back i was playing in ruins with a few other people, a bringer drops rico's earrings and this humar was like "FUCK YOU GIVE ME THAT, WHY DID STEAL MY RARE GIVE IT!" im like...
"wtf i just found it not my falt you were not close enough to get it" and then he goes on and on cussing me out saying fuck you bitch blah blah blah, he was really pissed but geez can ihelp it i grabed it 1st? after cussng hm out back i finnaly left while he was STILL talking.

neko-chan
Sep 19, 2003, 05:38 AM
I never pick up anything when playing in open games. I don't know why... it's just I feel... it's a bad thing.

If I spot a red box, I say "Red Box", if I spot a material, I say "Mat".

I don't pick up anything, unless I'm palying with friends in our locked game. In this case, I share the stuff on the P2 ground, or ask if someone needs soemthing I found.

The only thing... I'm curious. ^_^ If I see a red box, I always want to know what was. And whenever I spot a palyer talking to the Tekker, I ask him/her what he has found.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: neko-chan on 2003-09-19 03:38 ]</font>

KodiaX987
Sep 19, 2003, 09:04 AM
I don't even have PSO-OG or PSOX but that doesn't cancel the fact that y'all owe me tons of rares here.

C'mon! PAY UP!!! http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

starhealer
Sep 19, 2003, 11:44 AM
If I see a red box online, and I'm close enough to grab it, I'll pick it up and see what it is. Then I always ask if someone else would like it before I decide whether or not to keep it.

Example: The other day we're running VHard Mountains and I find a Cure/Freeze. I have everyone stop and offer it to whoever wants it. The RAcaseal I was playing with asked if she could have it so I gave it to her and we kept going. Simple as that.

But, yeah, I do like to know what is found, too. I usually just ask, then let it go.

Firocket1690
Sep 19, 2003, 07:11 PM
On 2003-09-19 09:44, starhealer wrote:
If I see a red box online, and I'm close enough to grab it, I'll pick it up and see what it is. Then I always ask if someone else would like it before I decide whether or not to keep it.

Example: The other day we're running VHard Mountains and I find a Cure/Freeze. I have everyone stop and offer it to whoever wants it. The RAcaseal I was playing with asked if she could have it so I gave it to her and we kept going. Simple as that.

But, yeah, I do like to know what is found, too. I usually just ask, then let it go.

Exactly.

Bradicus
Sep 19, 2003, 08:13 PM
Forces and rangers are usually screwed out of the best items, and they deserve them too (well maybe not the rangers....) so i try to give red boxes to them as much as possible.

Firocket1690
Sep 19, 2003, 10:56 PM
On 2003-09-19 18:13, Bradicus wrote:
Forces and rangers are usually screwed out of the best items, and they deserve them too (well maybe not the rangers....) so i try to give red boxes to them as much as possible.

that's because the FO is usually runnign around keeping the S/D on everyone
the RA is standing back and assassinating stuff at a distance
and the HU gets up close to them. When monsters die, the HU's usually right there.

LamerPanda
Sep 20, 2003, 11:05 AM

I try doing that, but I usually don't get an answer. o_o So I've taken up grabbing any red boxes I see. I get them identified and unless it's something I was really looking for (which it never is, I don't know what I'd do if it was), I say what it is and leave it on the ship for anyone to grab if they want it. I've had a few people yell at me, which is sort of silly since I tell them what I'm doing. o_0

As for mats, I don't even mention them unless no one notices them.

Olga-Rappy
Sep 21, 2003, 04:47 AM
On 2003-09-18 17:13, Reece wrote:
A Stupid little FOnewerl says "wtf thats my rare! you stole it!GET OUT OF MY GAME NOW!" And I had been searching forever for it lol.

...WTF is a dippy little Fonewearl going to do with a Ruby Bullet? Certainly not equip it!

Kamatz
Sep 22, 2003, 02:57 PM
On 2003-09-19 20:56, Firocket1690 wrote:

On 2003-09-19 18:13, Bradicus wrote:

that's because the FO is usually runnign around keeping the S/D on everyone
the RA is standing back and assassinating stuff at a distance
and the HU gets up close to them. When monsters die, the HU's usually right there.

Precisely! Online is hard for characers who use ranged weapons simply because it puts them at a disadvantage for picking up item drops.
Even my HUcaseal uses guns a primary. I simply hate blade weapons because they leave a player too vulnarable once the combo terminates.
Anyway, that's pretty much hitting the nail on the head for RAs and FOs. Typically if I see a red box I ask what it was. If it's anything I'm interested in then I offer a trade.
Another annoying situation, some lower-level punk comes in and starts ogling your weapon (in my case, a Photon launcher), and begs for you to drop it so he can "look". Me bets he was a thief. Towards the end he the guy finds a set of Gigobooma arms, which is the only booma part I'm missing, and I offer up a trade. The little snot wouldn't even pay attention to what I was trying to trade, and when I showed him the launcher in trade window he had the nerve to tell me it sucked.
Any weapon that's seen you across two entire difficulty levels DOES NOT SUCK. >_o

Er.... K, rambling now. I'll shut up. ^_^;

Jaks
Oct 2, 2003, 09:52 PM
When someone told me to drop a Zanba I found when they wern't around I solve the problem with:
STFU n00b!

Shattered_weasel
Oct 2, 2003, 10:03 PM
On 2003-10-02 19:52, Jaks wrote:
When someone told me to drop a Zanba I found when they wern't around I solve the problem with:
STFU n00b!

very smart...

n00b

Reece
Oct 2, 2003, 10:07 PM
On 2003-10-02 20:03, Shattered_weasel wrote:

On 2003-10-02 19:52, Jaks wrote:
STFU n00b!

very smart...

n00b

You know what. That just evil Weasel! Shape up like a square

Shattered_weasel
Oct 2, 2003, 10:08 PM
o all right....but that just aint right....calling people a noob....it makes me feel sad

Reece
Oct 2, 2003, 10:14 PM
But you called him a n00b http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif

Shattered_weasel
Oct 2, 2003, 10:15 PM
i see that....but i have a certain 1337ness over him

Reece
Oct 2, 2003, 10:19 PM
hmmmm That you do...That you do

Jaks
Oct 3, 2003, 02:56 PM
what does that mean?

jt
Oct 3, 2003, 03:40 PM
it meens ur a nOOb compared to him leetness is for nOObs itself 8-/ ima leave it at that before my posts gets called a flame...

Chibi-Krono
Oct 3, 2003, 03:49 PM
Yeah. People have become ignorant. They should stick to the saying "First come, first serve" or "The early bird gets the worm" other sayings like that.

Simple? No..er...Yes!

Jaks
Oct 3, 2003, 09:34 PM
there is no way i'm a n00b! Not even compared to japanese kids! the characters in my profile are GC,
my true one is a Dreamcast version lv.200 RAmar named Arcanum he had a ton of uber-rares cause of me playing so much. No one except the DC development crew who had the game before it was even announced
can call me a n00b.

Kanashimi
Oct 6, 2003, 12:49 PM
I think that the only people who can truly be called n00bs are the ones who have yet to figure out how to use their weapon.

tank1
Oct 7, 2003, 06:55 AM
first come first served man the rare is nobodies till it is picked up.