PDA

View Full Version : Your Favorite Album of all Time

AUTO_
Sep 19, 2003, 05:07 PM
No people I swear to bu-alla this thread is different!

Well, what would you say is your favorite album of all time?

Not your favorite song, but overall your favorite album of all time.

I would say my favorite album (up till now of course) is:

The Mars Volta: De-loused in the Comatorium

I listen to this every night as I go to bed and it's seriously like shaking hands with God himself.

Honorable mention(s) for me would be:

System of a Down-Toxicity (When this album came out it made me judge other CD's more musically)

Radiohead-Hail to the Thief (Don't call me gimmicky for choosing their newest CD--I think it's there best yet)

Weezer-Pinkerton (I think I got through eighth grade listening to this CD at night)

Firocket1690
Sep 19, 2003, 05:13 PM
apparantly, I see you're vey bored ...
anywho ...
I odn't BUY that many albums ....
I just get my music from illegal shareware programs friends http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

seriously, I've only bought about 9~12 albums in total ...

and as of Now:

ATB Two Worlds
Kingdom Hearts Original Sountrack
Jay Vol::

AUTO_
Sep 19, 2003, 05:20 PM
I admit to being bored, but I had the best intentions.

Bit
Sep 19, 2003, 05:23 PM
The Mars Volta. Definately.

They are god.

Nai_Calus
Sep 19, 2003, 08:49 PM
Bara Tamago Sosei Roku Sofia - Chuusei yo Yomigaere! - Utinam reviviscat Medium Aevum!
7th Utena OST. Most of the songs were never used outside the album except for 3 that were remixed for the movie. But if you like Utena duel choruses, or nice pounding choral music period, OST7 freaking -owns-.

OST 8, the movie soundtrack, also owns.

klepto
Sep 19, 2003, 09:14 PM
1. Green Day- 1039 smoothed out slappy happy hours

Best CD ever. Contains everything I ever wanted in a CD. It's just so pure.

2. Pennywise- Full Circle

Also a nice pure CD

3. NOFX- The War on Errorism-

Just plain good

4. Lostprophets- thefakesoundofprogress

Two versions of this album, the earliest one made is the best with its rawer sound. However the second one that was made was the polished up version.

5. All Green Day CD's ever made

Kadou
Sep 19, 2003, 10:02 PM
Definitly System of a Down-Toxicity

Intimidacius
Sep 19, 2003, 10:03 PM
Keasby Nights - Catch 22
Simply the best there is. Well, anything by the Catch 22 is pure cheesecake. Common Rider needs some credit, too. They are great. Why doesn't anyone mention those? Oh, Intimidacius just did.

It was the summer of '95, so what? In the backyard, shaving the old piles...

pixelate
Sep 20, 2003, 12:35 AM
Pantera - Vulgar Display of Power

It's a standard.

VulpesMundi
Sep 20, 2003, 01:32 AM
If I had to choose one album as my absolute favorite of all time, I would have to say The Dance by Fleetwood Mac. Classic Fleetwood Mac songs from when they hit the spotlight performed by an older and musically matured band. I usually hate live recordings, but this album sounded better than any of their previous studio recordings (which were already great, imo). Coming from me that's quite a compliment. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

And AUTO_, is that Conan O'Brien I see peeking his head up in your sig? (It sure looks like his big melon of a forehead. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif)

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: VulpesMundi on 2003-09-19 23:33 ]</font>

Cex
Sep 20, 2003, 02:16 AM
3 words...Metallica, Black Album

Roy_the_White
Sep 20, 2003, 03:59 AM
It's a bit older but...

Abbey Road: The Beatles
Led Zeppilin III: Led Zeppilin (on Record)

Only on vinyl...

Guntz348
Sep 20, 2003, 04:45 AM
On 2003-09-20 00:16, Cex wrote:
3 words...Metallica, Black Album

No way, And Justic For All was there best http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif

My top picks would be,

Dream Theater- Metropolis part II: Scenes From A Memory

Another Society- Blood Wrong

Pink Floyd- Animals, The Division Bell

Nas- It was Written

Guns and Roses- Use Your Illusion I&II

Testament- Low

Symphony X- V

Eriko Imai- My Place

Beastie Boys- Licensed To Ill

Emerson Lake and Palmer- Pictures At An Exibition, Tarkus

Queensryche- Operation Mind Crime, Empire

Thats all I can really think of for now. I can't really pick one faverite so one or two out of each genre will have to do http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Kent
Sep 20, 2003, 06:00 AM
Nine Lives, by Aerosmith.

Best.
Album.
Ever.

Allos
Sep 20, 2003, 07:14 AM
Metallica-Black
Sum 41-Does this Look Infected?
Green Day-Dookie
Audioslave-Audioslave

PKFire
Sep 20, 2003, 08:14 AM
Hmm... favorite album ever...

I'd hafta say Cheeses by Five Iron Frenzy. Frenzy is the coolest band ever, but they're breaking up http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif ... LONG LIVE FRENZY!

*waves candle in the air*

Zaneatron
Sep 20, 2003, 08:18 AM
Finch: What it is to burn
Hundred Reasons: ideas abouve our station
The Darkness (ooooh yeah): Permission to land (ooooh yeah is not part of the title i just added it in to describe how good they are)
Rage Against the Machine: Battle of Los Angeles, wait a moment theyre all good....
Homegrown: Kings of Pop
Daft Punk: Discovery
Goldfinger: Stomping ground
Funerel for a friend: no album yet but its going to own
Hell is for heroes: The neon handshake

sorry i put so many down, just too many to choose from, all these are great but if a gun was put to my head to choose i would probably go with my first choics of Finch

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Zane-online on 2003-09-20 06:25 ]</font>

lain2k3
Sep 20, 2003, 09:25 AM
every CD the goo goo dolls have ever made....

Delsaber
Sep 20, 2003, 12:03 PM
Mudvayne: L.D. 50 & End of All Things to Come

Staind - 14 Shades of Gray

System of a Down: Toxicity

Foo Fighters: All of them..

Perfect Circle: Mer de Noms

Shinedown: Leave a Whisper

Killswitch Engage: can't remember the name of the album

and much, much more!

Dirrty_JillV
Sep 20, 2003, 12:28 PM
Aaliyah-I Care 4 U
Poor Aaliyah =(

Gestiv
Sep 20, 2003, 01:56 PM
Dropkick Murphys- Blackout

I can't get enough of it. And this is real, underground, punk. Plus they're from Boston, so of course they're gonna kick ass. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

And after that would be...

Powerman 5000- Transform (Tonight The Stars Revolt was OK, but Transform was their best yet)

Rob Zombie- Hellbilly Deluxe (Sweet)

Evanescence- Fallen (I don't care what anyone says, Amy Lee sings like an angel. A heavy-metal angel with... heavey-metal wings. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif )

"Weird Al" Yankovic- Bad Hair Day (The Night Santa Went Crazy rocks http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif )

Some others I forgot http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

lain2k3
Sep 20, 2003, 02:25 PM
Crap, I almost forgot.

No Name Face by Lifehouse is awesome too.

Monomate
Sep 20, 2003, 02:41 PM
Black Sabbath- Paranoid
Pink Floyd- Dark Side of the Moon, Wish You Were Here
Led Zeppelin- I, II, III, VI, Houses of the Holy
The Beatles- The White Album, Abbey Road
Warren Zevon- Excitable Boy
AC/DC- Back in Black
Jethro Tull- Aqualung

and any of the Fleetwood Mac albums, in all of their incarnations

Ketchup345
Sep 20, 2003, 08:25 PM
Right now I'm into the first half of The Who- Who's Next. But then that will probably change sometime around next week, some other band will probably get stuck in my head.

StrongBad
Sep 20, 2003, 08:44 PM
Anything by Dashboard Confessional is good and i also like System of a down Toxicity.

Guile
Sep 21, 2003, 02:27 PM
Hmm this is a hard one!
so many
I dunno!?
Loved The Beatles - Revolver
The Mars Volta - De-loused in the Comatorium is just damn great!
Bob Marley - Uprising, Great!
Radiohead - Kid A I can listen to over and over..

so one of those I guess
Ohh and Jurassic 5 - EP has their best songs on it.

Ill Mitch!!

Primrose
Sep 21, 2003, 03:15 PM
The Mars Volta seems to be much more popular in the states than in Europe, not many people know of them here.
Ive heard them live and i couldnt stand it! Too freaky...
My favorite album changes from time to time but at the moment, id say...
The Red Hot Chili Peppers - Blood Sugar Sex Magik

darthsaber9x9
Sep 21, 2003, 04:04 PM
muse-absolution
guns n roses- almost everything they ever done!
feeder-swim and comfort in sound
system of a down-toxicity(popular for a reason)
erm yeah teh darkness permission to land and what else...
chili peppers-californication
deftones-around the fur
foo fighters- all of em
and all for greenday!

ok i could go on for ever so ill stop now

Xyhthyx
Sep 21, 2003, 06:52 PM
Tool - Aenima
True art.
Tool - Lateralus
Beyond words.
Sigur Ros - Agaetis Byrjun
Listen and travel.
Radiohead - OK Computer
Experiment succesful.
A Perfect Circle - Thirteenth Step
New blood, good blood.
Porcupine Tree - Stupid Dream
Best dream.
Porcupine Tree - In Absentia
True balance.
Queens of the Stone Age - R
Out there.
Mr. Bungle - Disco Volante
Genre boundries destroyed.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Xyhthyx on 2003-09-21 16:55 ]</font>

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Xyhthyx on 2003-09-21 16:56 ]</font>

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Xyhthyx on 2003-09-21 16:56 ]</font>

HotWaterDeath
Sep 22, 2003, 07:54 AM
On 2003-09-20 11:56, Gestiv wrote:
Dropkick Murphys- Blackout

I can't get enough of it. And this is real, underground, punk. Plus they're from Boston, so of course they're gonna kick ass. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

Do you seriously think that's the best Murphys record? As for the statement of underground, perhaps the Murphys were underground when it was just a bunch of Sharps listening to their tunes in the barber shop, but they've freaking exploded. They've played Conan twice (Why does everything on this topic end up going back to Mr. O'Brien?)not to mention how many publications they've been featured in. Don't get me wrong, they still rock in like theres no tommorow, I'm just a little disappointed in the new record.

I hear Mike (The old Murphys singer) has formed a new band (The Street Dogs, I think) and from what I hear they're nice with a capital "N".

Back on topic

*Minor Threat - Total Dischography
(I can't stress enough how much is pisses me off when I see kids wearing brand new Minor Threat t-shirts..for crying out loud if you know anything about that band you wouldn't wear merchandise)
*Gorilla Biscuits - Start Today
*Common Rider - Last Wave Rockers
*Operation Ivy - Energy
*Strike Anywhere - Change is A Sound
(I still don't know how a band can preach anti-establishment and then go on to produce merchandise...but they sure make some killer tunes)
*Spring Heeled Jack - Static World View
*Youth Brigade - Sink With Kalifornia (I know how to spell California, wise guy)
*Refused - Shape of Punk to Come
*Snapcase - Progression Through Unlearning
*Quicksand - Slip
*Hepcat - Push and Shove

Mars Volta is nice, but I'd take the sweet sounds of At The Drive-In any day. Speaking of the Volta, didn't one of the members pass away this year?

Xyhthyx
Sep 22, 2003, 09:01 AM
Come on, Tool's Aenima is one of the best album ever made. Surely someone agrees with me.

And I read some System of a Down, Goo Goo Dolls and Dashboard Confessional? Bleh!

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Xyhthyx on 2003-09-22 07:06 ]</font>

muff
Sep 22, 2003, 10:47 AM
Green day-Dookie, gotta be the Dookie.

Zaneatron
Sep 22, 2003, 11:34 AM
im really happy to hear all this great rock music is the sound of our lives, i really am happy.
and on the mars volta subject, i sae them at the reading festivel (pronounced red-ing)(in england) i must admit they were kinda wierd. the first song didnt seem to end but i wouldnt know when it ended because we went to go see instruction, which was excellent. they were ok but not really my style, long, long, long songs aint my thing.

lain2k3
Sep 22, 2003, 12:07 PM
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

the sneaker pimps are awesome!

http://www.sneakerpimps.com

Vainy
Sep 22, 2003, 12:41 PM
Hmm... Pretty hard to pick just one but these are my
favourites at the moment:

-Amorphis: Tales From the Thousand Lakes
-Nile: In Their Darkened Shrines
-My Dying Bride: Like Gods Of the Sun
-Paradise Lost: Dragonian Times

Anyone else who likes more heavier stuff?

Omni-SqwirL
Sep 22, 2003, 01:11 PM
On 2003-09-20 02:45, Guntz348 wrote:

Dream Theater- Metropolis part II: Scenes From A Memory

The funny thing is, I'm listening to that CD sitting her in Computer Science class. Awesome http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

My picks in no order (even though most are "mainstream"):

* Spineshank - Height Of Callousness
* From Zero - One Nation Under
* Linkin Park - Hybrid Theory
* Dream Theater - 6 Degrees of Inner Turbulance
* Evanescence - Fallen
* Haste - When Reason Sleeps
* Any Dan Fogleberg Album...I'm serious, that guy rules
* Guns n' Roses - Apetite for Destruction

AUTO_
Sep 22, 2003, 07:02 PM
On 2003-09-21 13:15, Primrose wrote:
The Mars Volta seems to be much more popular in the states than in Europe, not many people know of them here.

Actually The Mars Volta is pretty hidden even in the states-but the people who do have the album (and understand it) say nothing but good things. If you listen to their CD at night-time while lying in bed it makes you feel like just going crazy...I'm gonna go sit down, now.

BTW...HotWaterDeath you raise a interesting point...Mars Volta VS Cedric's and Omar's predecessing At the Drive-In...

I think Mars Volta is FAR more talented instrumentally, but I LOVED The Relationship of Command (ATDI)...It's best not to compare them.

Anyone who voted Mars Volta in here is like this *crosses fingers* in my book.

(Btw HWD...their keyboard player died before they released the CD--De-loused in the Comatorium is a concept album, and it's about the keyboard player's adventures in his coma before he died)

http://www.marshallamps.com/images/marshalllaw/news/artistpix/marsvolta.jpg

I honestly think they're the best live band of all time. They have the most energetic stage presence of any band I've ever seen (and I've seen TOOL)--I mean Cedric (lead singer) just goes absolutely nuts onstage.

Just watch my friends, Mars Volta is the new Nirvana-their sole purpose to wipe away all the shit in the music industry right now.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: AUTO_ on 2003-09-22 17:21 ]</font>

Guile
Sep 22, 2003, 10:02 PM
On 2003-09-22 17:02, AUTO_ wrote:

On 2003-09-21 13:15, Primrose wrote:

Actually The Mars Volta is pretty hidden even in the states-but the people who do have the album (and understand it) say nothing but good things. If you listen to their CD at night-time while lying in bed it makes you feel like just going crazy...I'm gonna go sit down, now.

BTW...HotWaterDeath you raise a interesting point...Mars Volta VS Cedric's and Omar's predecessing At the Drive-In...

I think Mars Volta is FAR more talented instrumentally, but I LOVED The Relationship of Command (ATDI)...It's best not to compare them.

Anyone who voted Mars Volta in here is like this *crosses fingers* in my book.

(Btw HWD...their keyboard player died before they released the CD--De-loused in the Comatorium is a concept album, and it's about the keyboard player's adventures in his coma before he died)

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: AUTO_ on 2003-09-22 17:21 ]</font>

Yeah I started out listening to At the Drive-in and than they broke up and Sparta and Mars volta was formed. I listened to Sparta and did'nt really like it, the style completely changed.. But when I heard Mars I loved every second of it.

Julio Venegas was the one who committed suicide after falling into a coma during the time At the Drive-in was still around. Cedric had written a song dedicated to him but he did'nt feel it was enough, he felt a whole cd needed to be dedicated to him.
So when Mars came around he wrote the songs about the story of a guy who falls into a coma and the songs tell about his crazy dreams and such and at the end he wakes up only to choose death.

But yeah, they are'nt a very well known band in the States either. But if you know of them you'll probaly love um!

Wewt
Sep 23, 2003, 05:59 AM
I love the instrumentals on most of the songs from De-loused in the Comatorium, but I'm not too fond of the singer... Just bleh for me.

Current favourite album: Seven's Travels, by Atmosphere. This guy's a fucking genius. Not for those that don't like hip-hop.

Voodoochild
Sep 23, 2003, 07:43 AM
Iron Maiden: Live after Death.

HotWaterDeath
Sep 23, 2003, 07:50 AM

I concur. Suffice it to say that any split-off from At The Drive-In rocks some serious face. I'm suprised with the break of the mighty ATDI that more people aren't getting into Refused(RIP as well) and Recover (Granted Recover isn't as good as either band), well that and the fact that one of their singers in whiney as crap)....the groups that carry the high energy performances and great breaks.

Xyhthyx
Sep 23, 2003, 08:37 AM
You guys should definately listen to Porcupine Tree, trust me.

Zaneatron
Sep 23, 2003, 11:09 AM
yeah i agree with hotwaterdeath, refused are a good band as well. the lead singer is in the international noise conspiracy now.
(Refused: the shape of punk to come (best album by them))

AUTO_
Sep 23, 2003, 07:18 PM
On 2003-09-23 03:59, WWWWWWWWWWWW wrote:
I love the instrumentals on most of the songs from De-loused in the Comatorium, but I'm not too fond of the singer... Just bleh for me.

Try immitating his voice--he sings A LOT higher then he sounds. I try to sing along in the right key to their songs while I shower before school...it sounds like my struggle with puberty in 8th grade. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_lol.gif

Wewt
Sep 24, 2003, 07:51 AM
I dunno. The reason I don't like it, is because it sounds so heavily altered by the recording studio. Hmm. Maybe I should try find some live stuff..

Stricker
Sep 24, 2003, 11:32 AM
All Rhapsody albums are great. I just cant choose the best.
Nightwish-Wishmaster
Avanatsia-part 1
Lacuna Coil-Comalies