PDA

View Full Version : Da Ral Lie Help

vegeta000110
Sep 20, 2003, 08:03 PM
My FOnewearl (currrently 76) is about to go through ult. caves to unlock mines. I've read various guides and they say that Da Ral Lie is immune to Gizonde and Rafoie has less effect on him. My question is what techs have you used that dealt the best damage?
Note: This is my first time going up against him. Otherwise I wouldn't be asking this.

Ketchup345
Sep 20, 2003, 08:15 PM
Da Ra Lie Guide (http://www.pso-world.com/sections.php?op=viewarticle&artid=793)

I'm not sure if it says his elemental weakness in ULT, but use Gizonde, and Gifoie/Rafoie, to see what he is weak against. You can always set up a Ryuker outside the boss portal, if you're worried.

StrongBad
Sep 20, 2003, 08:18 PM
Find yourself a Sigh of a God. They help a LOT...

vegeta000110
Sep 20, 2003, 09:25 PM
She's Skyly though. Plus the only ult chars I have is my skyly FO and a Greenill HU.

Cab
Sep 21, 2003, 01:26 AM
don't mean to steal the thread, but I have a simialar question. I am a Racast level 82, and I am also in Ultimate caves. I haven't tried to fight the boss yet but do you think I can beat him? I usually use a Meteor Smash+25 or Vulcans+9, are these good weapons for the boss?

zimmk2vgc
Sep 21, 2003, 05:04 AM
stat wise you will need fire

Nohra
Sep 21, 2003, 10:29 AM
From experience:

Level 20 Gizonde + Rika's Claw+35 + De Ral Lie = 6 damage per segment

Level 20 Rafoie + De Ral Lie = 120 damage per segment (head is immune to fire)

Level 20 Barta + De Ral Lie = 200 something damage to head only (body is immune to ice)

All these are with a max HUnewe mind (1177)

Rafoie is still the tech of choice. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

vegeta000110
Sep 21, 2003, 12:33 PM
1. For the Racast, try a Guilty Light. If it helped me w/ de rol in normal and hard, it should be able to help you w/ Dal Ra.

2. Just beat him about an hour ago. My MST was like 767 or something like that with like lv 20 rafoie and it only did like 84 or 48 (can't remember which) damage to a segement. That and it took about 45 min. because of his insane HP. And, I'm surprised I only died once. Stupid thing only dropped a Trifluid though http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif

Berzerker
Sep 26, 2003, 02:37 PM
Well, he really hard for me, took me all me healing items + 3 photon blasts and each shot doing like 150 damage to him. Geez I hated him. I'm a RAcast too, lv 105 at the moment, I was thinking of using my Red Scorpio on him, but I just used me Justy instead, as he way to fast to use such a slow weapon as that. Still, it might work excellent on him. Oh, man, I hate him! He the worst I've come across so far, even Olga Flow didn't take that long to kill.

Kanashimi
Oct 6, 2003, 10:13 AM
For RAcast... my brother's one and he used the guilty light and his photon blast estella (did i spell it right?) to win... but you should really stock up on those recovery items too... For any force, just look for a weapon that does decent damage and any slicer. When he's not on the boat, use the slicer to deal damage to all parts (not much but it helps) and when he does get on then hit him once or twice with the weapon and then run like mad. when he's using his beam move, the best choice would be to switch to a handgun-type and shoot at his head (since you need to stay in one place to have any hope of dodging much...) TP should be saved for resta... if you use techs too much you'll run out of TP a lot faster. using the tactic above i managed to beat him without dying once (may or may not have been a good thing, cause my inventory was stuffed full of scape dolls and i couldn't carry what he left me...)

SuckersInc
Oct 6, 2003, 11:49 AM
Once u get to the boss, put up a pipe, and just drop numerous healing items, die, and repeat. Simple as that, as long as you have the life to with stand a hit, you'll live. It may take a while and a lot of cash, but it'll be worth it in the end. That's how i beat him. I just dropped about 4 piles of 10 Trimates and 4 piles of 10 dimates. Once i used all the ones i had on me, i just picked up a new pile and kept beating his a$$. it works wonders.. with forces tho. just make sure you have some trifluids and difluids to drop all over the place too. You'll eventually come out the victor.

starhealer
Oct 6, 2003, 01:16 PM
I attempted to take on Da Ral Lie at level 68 with my FOnewearl. Needless to say, I was handed my ass and told to come back later.

So I did, at level 87. I tried a couple different techniques to deafeat the bug, so I guess I'll post them here.

My first go through with Da Ra Lie (back at level 68) I tried to attack his head with Barta. Bad move. When he was in the water, I would foie his back, but that only hit one segment and I was getting nowhere. So then at level 87 I started RAfoie-ing him, which hit every segment of his body for somewhere around 100 damage and I could hit him wherever he was. I liked this technique and so continued with it. Eventually, however, he dropped a rock on me and I died.

My second time going into Da Ra Lie at level 87, I hot-keyed RAfoie I brought as many Trifluids and Difluids as I could. Then I went into the battle and just nuked him until he died. It took me roughly a half an hour, but I finall killed the sucker, so I didn't care.

And just in case anyone cares, I was wearing two Metal/Bodys and two Dragon/HPs in an attempt to survive his spines and the rocks. Apparently it worked, because I'm alive and he isn't.

That's about the only help I can give. I personally wouldn't take Da Ral Lie on in the 70s, but that's just me. Good luck on your endeavor.

attah
Oct 6, 2003, 02:52 PM
all i do is keep doing rafoie it worked finr for me and im a fonewearl to i found it hard at first but i equiped some dragon hps and then he couldnt kill me so it was easy if u can live through thier best attack thats a crit u can easyily beat any boss even dark falz so i think u should just keep tryin rafoie

Genoa
Oct 6, 2003, 03:34 PM
i'm not much of a force person but can't you Grants him? Thats what I do to De Ro Le. But the only person I have who has beaten Del Rol Lie is RAmarl (106/skyly/ult ruins) Yes, Guilty Light is a good weapon on him. Shoot from angle and hit all parts of him. And use Estlla (the dolphin thingy) I beat him with Gungir though, I was at 98 when I beat him. He's not all that hard. But his Beam attack kinda was a surprise. Seeing that he shoots it Really Fast. Veeuuum--Veeuum--Veeuuum. bout a beam every second, if not faster. And I wanted to know, what are is the last Force Photon Blast? I have the healing one and the Shifta/Deband one. Is there another? and is it any good? (not trying to steal thread either)

zimmk2vgc
Oct 6, 2003, 03:39 PM
Moulla and yolla(shifta/deband) and leilla (resta) are the only ones that are tech casters...the rest cause damage in a particular patteren

Genoa
Oct 6, 2003, 04:01 PM
So the Photon Blasts are:

Dolphin dude
Spinny Dragon Thing
Angel of death person
Shocking Riendeer
Freaky healing angel
The 2 Boosting Buddies

Right???

Delsaber
Oct 6, 2003, 07:02 PM
Da Ral Lie isn't much of a challenge. I beat him with level 50ish (54 I think) FOmar using Gifoie lvl 16. When he jumped the boat I gifoie and it hits all parts twice.. or seemed to. Bah, this is going nowhere..

BIZKIT
Oct 6, 2003, 07:39 PM
for rangers i guess a shot would be good knowing you can hit all the parts at once. i used a rifle and S/D because im a ramar. i always shoot him 3 times when he rabs the boat then i run. that is about it. make sure you have every type of mate.

vegeta000110
Oct 7, 2003, 09:01 PM
On 2003-10-06 17:39, BIZKIT wrote:
for rangers i guess a shot would be good knowing you can hit all the parts at once.

I agree. Although it should be a fast shot or cannon. On another note, I can't believe it took me like 30 min (finally I got to it) with my Hu. Compared to the 20 something levels I had to gain to actually stand a chance in caves, Da Ral was easy. Then he dropped a trimate http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif