PDA

View Full Version : heart key - a waste or well invested PDs?

rena-ko
Sep 23, 2003, 08:20 AM
hm.... 46 drops for a heart key...

then again Magical Piece is one of the few weapons that boost GI-techs...

then again... does one really need this weapon?
as a FOnewearl? and as a FOmarl?

thanks in advance for voting / commenting on this matter.

VulpesMundi
Sep 23, 2003, 08:37 AM
Personally, I think it's a waste of PDs. Granted the Magical Piece gives a 30 bonus to MST and boosts Gi-type spells. The unfortunate reality is that it's more useful to low ability forces, but it requires 800 MST to equip. Granted the Sorceror's Cane can be difficult to acquire, it also boosts Gi-type spells and reduces all spell costs by 10%. Or you could equip a Psycho Wand and get a Ra-type spell boost instead, as well as a 50 bonus to DFP and halved TP cost for all spells. I would go so far as to say that if you have a Purplenum character it's easier to find a Psycho Wand than the 46 PDs required to buy a Heart Key. My advice would be to hunt Purplenum Cave Mil Lilies to get a Psycho Wand and save your PDs for something more useful like ES special attacks or weapon % upgrades.

neko-chan
Sep 23, 2003, 08:42 AM
I don't know: I would rather get the Heart in order to make the armor. But just for the look: it's sooo fancy and I like it so much! ^_^;

As for the Magical Piece, as our foxy friend stated over there, the C-Sorcerer's Cane is a lot better when it comes to boosting Gi-techs.

And I might add it is not that hard to find. I got mine during one of my first few Ruins runs, under the ORAN id. Actually, if my memory serves me well, it wasn't even me to find the arm. It was that kind, friendly, big-butted Doctor Jean Carlo. We were fighting togheter and he killed that Sorcerer all by himself. XD

rena-ko
Sep 23, 2003, 08:53 AM
hm...
psychowand seems indeed way more interesting since... who uses GI-techs anyway...

thanks a lot for helping me making up my mind on that. ^-^

time to hunt down mil lillies.

kingmurp
Sep 23, 2003, 09:23 AM
i like my armor.....

Capricornus
Sep 23, 2003, 11:13 AM
On 2003-09-23 06:20, rena-ko wrote:
hm.... 46 drops for a heart key...

then again Magical Piece is one of the few weapons that boost GI-techs...

then again... does one really need this weapon?
as a FOnewearl? and as a FOmarl?

thanks in advance for voting / commenting on this matter.

If you want that heart key to make a magical piece, then yes, I would state that this is a waste, seen the fact that there is indeed better.
Personally I would still go for the heart key though, as nothing beats the safety heart (invisible guard with heart key merge)in my opininon when it comes to have the best EVP/DEF for a shield

Valleo
Sep 23, 2003, 11:20 AM
Yes, thats exactly what I was going to ask, and what I thought this post was about in the first place. How does the armor stack up as far as spending PD's on it goes? Not simply a comparison to the other armors, but also figuring in the amount of PD's it takes.

fury02
Sep 23, 2003, 11:29 AM
It does make a really good armor. in fact it makes one the best armor my HUcaseal can wear.

Soukosa
Sep 23, 2003, 12:36 PM
If you ask me, the Socerer's Cane is not better than the Magical Piece. The loss in the 10% boost just for a 10% TP cost isn't worth it. I also hate how the made it so it's folded up most of them. That also causes it to look quite stupid when you're just standing there with, to me anyways. As for the Gi techs, I don't see why you people see a lack of need of them and Ra techs can't replace Gi techs, they all have their purpose. As for it being easier to pipe for Psycho Wand than it is to find enough PDs, I disagree with that too. Not everyone can with stand the boringness of piping. Quite a few people would rather do runs to try to get it instead of piping. During which, they could get enough PDs to get the rock (which, I guess is a bit over priced if you're making an MP).

Olga-Rappy
Sep 23, 2003, 05:11 PM
Still, the Geist special is far better. More than makes up for the 10%

SpyroDi
Sep 23, 2003, 05:13 PM
Doesn't the Magical Piece's special cast low-level Zonde? loL

Anyway,I believe the Love Heart and Safety Heart are more worth it for the PDs.

Soukosa
Sep 23, 2003, 05:40 PM
On 2003-09-23 15:11, Olga-Rappy wrote:
Still, the Geist special is far better. More than makes up for the 10%

To me, that wouldn't make up for it, plus at the rate the TP would going down, the special wouldn't help much, on top of having to give up a spot on the palette for the extra attack, when another tech could be put there and things are already pretty tight.

Nai_Calus
Sep 23, 2003, 06:16 PM
On 2003-09-23 06:53, rena-ko wrote:
who uses GI-techs anyway...

... ...
... ... ...

Uhmmm. @_@
Let's see.
FOmars, FOnewms, and anyone who recognises their superiority over the Hard/Simple techs(Well, except Gibarta. >P)? Gifoie does less damage than Foie, but more than Rafoie, and has good range, can be used to get items from rappies(Fire it off and leave. Bam.), kill foie-weak things without ever going into the room(Ever seen a FOmar rape Ult Temple sideways? Between foie-weak things and Grants-weak things, and anything weak to zonde... Heh.), get damage in on the -next- wave of enemies, standing in the middle of a room in Mines and spamming it and watching the Gilchiches fall down and die without ever getting near you...
Gizonde is obvious. Multiple targets, good power... For N-VH Mines, there just isn't anything better you can use. And it's still uberly useful in Ult when things come along that don't like zonde-types come along...
Gibarta... Is really slow. It does seem to do a better job of freezing things than Rabarta, though.

Don't dis on the Gi-techs. Don't underestimate the Gi-techs. Know the Gi-techs. Love the Gi-techs.

Mixfortune
Sep 23, 2003, 10:26 PM
FOmar, Sorcerer's Cane, Gifoie 30, Gifoie Merge.

Three casts or so and not just a single wave, but
multiple waves are destroyed. Even enemies that
weren't there when you started casting it can be
wiped out with little trouble.

Granted that is in EPI. In EPII, the resistances change.

Also granted, I never have used the Magical Piece.
I can say this, though. With a 180+ Mind Mag,
doing a special attack for 140+ damage and recovering
well over 200 TP per combo are nothing to be overlooked.

Especially when I can wipe out a few rooms off that
much TP.

EDIT- And so this stays on topic, get the Safety Heart.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Mixfortune on 2003-09-23 20:28 ]</font>

Jazhara
Sep 24, 2003, 06:31 AM
I would agree with Sonoumi.

The Magical Piece is excellent for FOmarl, FOnewearl and FOmar, and is also good for FOnm unless you're very lucky (and Purplenum or Oran). The extra 10% damage over the C-S's cane is significant enough at ULT level.

Also, it's a guaranteed find. Get the PDs, you get the item. There are people on PSOW claiming to have found P-Wands "legitly" on a daily basis (usually in about 6 runs). Rena-Ko, you know some of the people I play with I think - none of them cheat, and they're always on. Not one of us has found a P-Wand in v3 AFAIK.

Unless you are really telepipe stupid and Purplenum, give up on the P-Wand.

If you don't want to spend the PDs, then hunting C-Sorceror's is the next best option. Prophets of Motav are also rare as hell, I only know one person I trust enough to believe with them - me. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

rena-ko
Sep 24, 2003, 06:42 AM
oook...
so FOmars and FOnewm use Gi-techs... backchecking with my profile i realize i dont level either, so concentrating on those techs would be a waste for me.

no offense but i see my forces hardly use Gi-techs so boosting them might have been a bad (=wasteful) idea in the first place.

second.
yes, sorry for not pointing out more clearly that this is for making a magical piece.
i own neither invisible guard nor that armor, so... thanks for mentioning safety heart and love heart armor.

third.
wasting drops is something very critical. simply for sranks, i planned in 200 of them at minimum. i may have 120 but no more. so for some time into the future nothing to waste.

in conclusion.
i made up my mind against a magical piece. leveling my purplenum with a purpose sounds more interesting.

thank you all very much for contributing your thoughts. topic may now be closed.