PDA

View Full Version : Don't let Gamecube PSO die!

AquaFlare7
Sep 23, 2003, 01:12 PM
I've noticed that nobody ever gets on anymore except for multi-equippers and tweakers. Anybody play Legit PSO on the gamecube anymore? I just got online a week ago after my unemployment ended, but now it's like nobody wants to play anymore.

I can remember how many people were on back in the day of months 1 and 2 for dreamcast pso and imported pso v2, and the numbers for gamecube dim in comparison by far......

-LordNikon-
Sep 23, 2003, 01:20 PM
I'm legit. I play Dreamcast PSO and Gamecube PSO. Infact my DC PSO char is at Lv99, only 80,000 more exp and he lv's to 100 http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif I am trying to time it right so I can take a snapshot of the Lv in progress as it happens using the VMU, while playing online.

The legit players are out there, just gotta look around to get into some group's of honest players, and then its all good.

AquaFlare7
Sep 23, 2003, 01:25 PM
Is it possible to get a screenshot in the gamecube and get it into a website-usable format (such as bmp) so that once I get a screenshot I can put it on my site? I remember the dreamcast had that option.

-LordNikon-
Sep 23, 2003, 01:36 PM
Yep, I can convert dreamcast screenshots if you need any converted.

Gamecube you can convert screenshots using PSO Proxy. A server program that you run on your PC to convert the image to a .png. Very easy to set up. I believe there are even walkthroughs on PSOW to get this set up. Very easy.

http://psoproxy.sourceforge.net

I also recommend setting the sharpness to value 2 in the .ini settings file. Will clear up the image and make it very crisp and clear.

Auracom
Sep 23, 2003, 01:38 PM
Hehe I dont really think it's dying but some people do move on. If you find a ring of legits they will most likely introduce you to some more friends. Who knows maybe I see ya around. Anywho there's a link here to psoproxy (check on the homepage its there). And basically you can upload snapshots to your comp.

Malkavian
Sep 23, 2003, 01:49 PM
In any version has been easy to find legits

Butoden
Sep 23, 2003, 02:44 PM
Yes there's tons of legit players out there, just try making friends who are legit and invite them to your pw-protected games...

SungKwon
Sep 23, 2003, 07:45 PM
On 2003-09-23 11:12, AquaFlare7 wrote:
I've noticed that nobody ever gets on anymore except for multi-equippers and tweakers. Anybody play Legit PSO on the gamecube anymore? I just got online a week ago after my unemployment ended, but now it's like nobody wants to play anymore.

I can remember how many people were on back in the day of months 1 and 2 for dreamcast pso and imported pso v2, and the numbers for gamecube dim in comparison by far......

I play Gamecube PSO Legitly! Join the team, L-PSO!!! A bunch of gamers seeking to play legitly!!!

Nie
Sep 23, 2003, 10:28 PM
Nother legit gamer here!
I just make games called "Legitz Only" (Clever z huh?) It works I give the legits my cards and when I'm back on I look em up and play.

Mixfortune
Sep 23, 2003, 10:30 PM
The number of players is no doubt going down because
summer has ended. I would say that is the main reason.

AquaFlare7
Sep 23, 2003, 10:46 PM
I wonder if the numbers will raise next summer? I doubt it as FF online will be out. I have a character of each type and section ID. If anyone wants to play Im sure I have the right level character to join the game! lol.

I usually play about 9:00pm-11:30pm EST

Nohra
Sep 23, 2003, 11:06 PM
On 2003-09-23 11:12, AquaFlare7 wrote:

A lot of us non-legits are more than happy to leave your game if you want to do legit only, you just need to ask nicely. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif Some of us also don't use BKB and TJ only, so you might still have fun with us. ^-^

(Still can't believe I got a Red Partisan off that Crimson Assassain two nights back. ^-^)

Nickwillnotbe
Sep 23, 2003, 11:45 PM
A lot of us non-legits are more than happy to leave your game if you want to do legit only, you just need to ask nicely. Some of us also don't use BKB and TJ only, so you might still have fun with us. ^-^

(Still can't believe I got a Red Partisan off that Crimson Assassain two nights back. ^-^)

You actually have a very good point there. Now first things first, I am legit. I tend to play legit only games that I create. Now if a duper/dupe user joins my game it is a bit annoying BUT I don't immedietly get mad. I will usually (and kindly) ask them if they can equip something legit. And you know what? Most of the time they are more than happy to. Sometimes this isn't the case though, and those are the types of dupers that annoy me. It isn't the fact that they use dupes that bothers me as much as the fact that they join a legit game and refuse to leave.

colicab
Sep 24, 2003, 06:08 AM
im legit also http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif serach for coli and im there http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

but i norms hit jp servers as there decent legit folk http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif

Balbarei
Sep 24, 2003, 07:25 AM
Yeah im legit and still plays ^_^

Mman2000
Sep 24, 2003, 07:27 AM
I finally got on last night, and yes I am legit.

AquaFlare7
Sep 24, 2003, 07:38 AM
Heh I'm glad Im getting so many great responses. I dont mind if your not legit, as long as people share the experience lol.

idiotman
Sep 24, 2003, 10:56 AM
some dupers can be totally legit in a way. i only use duping for when the crappy servers let me down and i fsod

Skett
Sep 24, 2003, 03:37 PM
If you recieve a duped item in a trade but didn't know it was duped until you got it, are you still consitered legit?

idiotman
Sep 24, 2003, 03:47 PM
only if u have no idea it has been duped then yes

Skett
Sep 24, 2003, 03:53 PM
ok...

idiotman
Sep 24, 2003, 03:56 PM
like if u say can i have a duped weapon ur a non legit d/ck but if u know they are not duping it for u ur legit

ilr2000
Sep 24, 2003, 06:05 PM
With my experience the best way to get a legit game together is to make a game in Antares (Vega is too ghetto) and name it "legit" or "legits only" or something like that. Almost every time I get on there's at least one game like that, and they usually fill up pretty quickly, and most of the time with legit players (lol).

5KY
Sep 24, 2003, 06:25 PM
i got shit load of weapon just by asking ppl for extras
how can you tell if my weapon is legit???

high hit % = non legit?

Mman2000
Sep 24, 2003, 06:51 PM
On 2003-09-24 16:05, ilr2000 wrote:
With my experience the best way to get a legit game together is to make a game in Antares (Vega is too ghetto)

You know it's a damn good thing I did my homework before I went online. A little note on the GameFAQs board revealed to me that it's more than ghetto, it's a place where cheaters like to FSOD people, so yeah I'd stay the hell out of vega.

Link00seven
Sep 24, 2003, 07:53 PM
Well, I do use some dupes (dont dupe myself), so, many consider me "half legit"

If you still want to play with me, just let me know.

SnowReaper
Sep 25, 2003, 03:29 PM
if you use dupes and you know there dupes..basiclly your not legit at all.. even if you didnt dupe But see.. the only way to be completey legit..you cant have taken traded or anything from another person..even if you take 1 mesta from someone you are not fullly legit as i said before.. you are only completey legit when everything you have you found..

SnowReaper
Sep 25, 2003, 03:32 PM
But of course..only one of my chars is fully legit my other one i traded stuff O.o; and toke a few free items makeing him not fully legit >.<;

ace13
Sep 25, 2003, 04:46 PM
There was an article in the LA Times this morning talking about the problems that Nintendo has been having of late. They again had to lower the price of the Cube. It's kind of hard to believe but the Cube just might wind up like the Dreamcast and Nintendo might just follow in the footsteps of Sega. Which is to become a software only company feeding the likes of the Playstation and the Box. Some of the stores in Great Britain have even stopped selling the Nintendo Cube. It would be a huge bummer if Nintendo really did pull the plug on the Cube.

-LordNikon-
Sep 26, 2003, 08:18 PM
On 2003-09-25 13:29, SnowReaper wrote:
if you use dupes and you know there dupes..basiclly your not legit at all.. even if you didnt dupe But see.. the only way to be completey legit..you cant have taken traded or anything from another person..even if you take 1 mesta from someone you are not fullly legit as i said before.. you are only completey legit when everything you have you found.

Yea this is how I myself play, I don't accept items from others. I don't really feel a need to either. Personally I feel this is the most rewarding gameplay experience for me.

Reece
Sep 26, 2003, 08:19 PM
GCN is fine right now

NeOak
Sep 26, 2003, 09:17 PM
Count me in as a Legit. I know how to dupe, but, i hacked the PC version, and it was not very funny.

I try to use what i find. I use what i found. I got a God/HP legit, so, don't say anything about it!.

And yes, Antares is where most legits are. Vega is the worst place to be. Altair also have some legit players that have very powerful chars... and they are legits!

PABLOparavida
Sep 26, 2003, 09:45 PM
Dupers Rule!!

Berzerker
Sep 27, 2003, 06:10 AM
Can someone plz explain this all to me plz! Ok, 1. What excatly are legits? 2. Dupes are duped items right? Well from what I heard they completely mess up your game and you got a higher chance of corrupting your memory card. Me haven't been online yet, soon to be me hope, but I'm reading all about this legits and stuff and I would just like a proper explaination, cheers

GuerillaPimp
Sep 27, 2003, 01:32 PM
Legits, according to legend, use only the items/weapons etc, that they them found themselves. Thus every single exp point they earn, they can say they earned "legitimately". Honestly, i commend true legit players. Ive lost 3 chars now to FSOD, and said the hell with legit and started to use hacks/dupes to at least get my HUmar to the level he was before i got corrupted (56). Ive noticed that everyone is worried about who is legit, and who plays with what...WHO CARES, play the game how it's fun to you AS LONG as, you dont hinder anyone else's fun. If you meet some who doesnt like playing with people who uses dupes/hacks, dont sweat it, move on, find someone else! thats what all the other ships are for! ..phew, i had to vent a while, didnt mean to offend anyone if i did, but thats just how i feel

Reece
Sep 27, 2003, 01:34 PM
Wait a sec! AquaFlare is like my Name... ElectroFlare! lol

Berzerker
Sep 27, 2003, 01:37 PM
Alright, cheers for that. Guess me a legit then http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif oh, just for info, a friend of mine recentaly got a gamecube and PSO after seeing me and mate and me making a character for him. He played for, oh I dunno, an hour or so and got to lv6 and managed to corrupt his memory card http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif now, I told him the things not to do and what happens when you do, such as pulling out ya memory card when saving, or switching off the power. I dont know what he did, but he did it in an hour or so http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif now that what I call a nOOb or newbie, whatever http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif