PDA

View Full Version : GC: Certain rare enemies more common?

Ketchup345
Sep 23, 2003, 01:31 PM
Has anyone found that certain rare enemies are more common than others in certain areas?

I have a Redria character that has been doing runs in Hard Temple for a long while. Through about 15 runs (not actually keeping track), I have found 3-6 Nar Lillies, 1 Hildeblue, and 0 Love Rappies (don't have any beat times). I have heard that rare enemies are about 1/500 or 1/512.

Is it my beat times, or are certain enemies more common than others?

Bit
Sep 23, 2003, 03:15 PM
I believe its because of where people play, and how many people do it, and also the amount of enemies in the area are taken into effect. In Episode 1, there are quests that people can go through that yeild more of a certain type of monster then usual.

Fake in Yellow - Rappies

Forest of Sorrow - Hildebears

Waterfall Tears/Addicting Food - Lily's

In Episode 2 however, there aren't any real quests dedicated towards these types of enemies. Offline there aren't any quests at all. So it's all a preference of where you are looking, and how many people are doing it.

If alot of people are looking for a certain rare enemy at one time, of course people will find it.

In my own personal experiance, Mil Lily's are the easiest for me. So it's just your own dumb luck.

flueggy
Sep 23, 2003, 03:23 PM
well i am in lv 95 vhard and from my experiance nar lilis and al rappys are the most easy to find if you don't play any quests that is

DarkShinjaru
Sep 23, 2003, 04:10 PM
http://pso-world.com/sections.php?op=viewarticle&artid=419

It shows that some monsters have a higher rarity level, so I'd assume so.

Ketchup345
Sep 23, 2003, 04:29 PM
On 2003-09-23 14:10, DarkShinjaru wrote:

Whoops, forgot about that guide. So I guess some are more rare than others. I knew quests were the best for rares.

I just wish that Nar Lillies were RARE for me.

Olga-Rappy
Sep 23, 2003, 04:59 PM
Nar Lillies are one thing... But I get Mil Lillies commonly too. Normally, one wouldn't complain about having 2 P. Wands and 14 Photon Drops, but that Megid HURTS.

On a side note, I've only seen one Rare Pal Rappy. Never seen an Al/Pal Rappy, Hideltorr, Pouilly Slime, or Hildeblue.

Nai_Calus
Sep 23, 2003, 05:08 PM
On 2003-09-23 14:10, DarkShinjaru wrote:

Harder to find a Milly than a Pouilly Slime? I don't think so. @_@;;; Considering that I usually wind up piping groups of four Obs, and splitting and piping a single slime, which works out to the same group of four enemies, and Millies take a lot less time to find than Pouillys. Maybe it's just me. But I run into rare lillies all the time, both Mil and Nar, without looking. I've seen one non-piped Pouilly. X_x;

Spider
Sep 23, 2003, 05:18 PM
I've only seen a couple of nar (there the red flowered ones right?) lillies and the red slime, then again I've only ever used Pinkal (on DC and GC) in VHard, got a skyly on hard and havn't seen anything.

vegeta000110
Sep 23, 2003, 08:22 PM
Mils are technically harder to find than Pouily Slime because Mils are ult exclusive. That and my current ratio of Mils to Pouily is 0:1.

VulpesMundi
Sep 24, 2003, 05:34 AM
Actually, I'd wager that all rare enemies have the same appearance rate. The difference is how many of the basic enemies that can become rare enemies that appear in a given area. There are far more rappies than hildes in the whole of the forest, for example, so you're probably going to wind up seeing more rare rappies than rare hildes.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: VulpesMundi on 2003-09-24 03:35 ]</font>

Coxy
Sep 24, 2003, 06:07 AM
On 2003-09-23 18:22, vegeta000110 wrote:
Mils are technically harder to find than Pouily Slime because Mils are ult exclusive. That and my current ratio of Mils to Pouily is 0:1.

dude I've seen 2 pouilly's in the last 2 days, before that i hadn't seen one since the game came out and yes, i have had both the xbox and the dc versions of the game *pats dreamcast*

neither dropped anything cause i was on normal helping people level http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif

Berzerker
Sep 24, 2003, 03:25 PM
Yeah, I'm lv103 now and so far I've only seen 2 poufully slimes, 1 hildeblue (which dropped a Varista btw, DAMN THE HILDEBLUE) bout...I dunno, tonnes of Nar lillies, a single Al rappy, but that it. I yet to see anything else. I've tried most methods of finding them, but it dont work. The last Rare one I found was a Poufully Slime on Ult that choked up a Red Scorpio. I dont try to find them anymore, if they come they come. I could do with one though, cos all the rares I find are tonnes of L&K14 COMBATS and rubbish like that....this my first post btw^_^

idiotman
Sep 24, 2003, 03:31 PM
best way to find rares is to just do one of the levels over and over and try to play late at night as u get more rares then

Berzerker
Sep 27, 2003, 06:36 AM
On 2003-09-24 13:31, idiotman wrote:
best way to find rares is to just do one of the levels over and over and try to play late at night as u get more rares then

How does playing at night help? I mean, ya get more time on there, but ya killing ya self playing