PDA

View Full Version : Dr. monatgue's name

mr_rubbish
Sep 23, 2003, 01:48 PM
i can't remember Dr. Montague's full name (he mentions it in the 'Doc's secret plan' quest.
can anyone help me?

A2K
Sep 23, 2003, 01:52 PM
Dr. Jean Carlo Montague.

mr_rubbish
Sep 23, 2003, 01:59 PM
thank you A2K, you are golden!

On 2003-09-23 11:52, A2K wrote:
Dr. Jean Carlo Montague.

Olga-Rappy
Sep 23, 2003, 05:00 PM
Elenor's is Camuel... which brings me to my question.

How do man-made machines have last names, especially ones different to their creators?

Spider
Sep 23, 2003, 05:20 PM
Those 2 names are actually quite scary, I remember showing a couple of people PSO for the first time, and we all had a lough at the 2 names for quite sometime, especially due to Montigue looking quite like one of my mates dads!

Genoa
Sep 25, 2003, 08:41 PM
that just tells you that Androids are Newman/Human SLAVES MUHAHHAA. sry, I'm just against my friend, he's a HUcast. I pick on him all the time. He says stuff like "oh I have the best attack power (of course he's comparing it to me and my friends)" and then when he's dieing. "s***, come on Justin HEAL ME PLZ!!!" "oh now you appreciate me..." haha

joluh
Sep 25, 2003, 09:42 PM
I like how Jean Carlo Montague sounds, it's French ^_^ the first thing i thought when i saw his name was Kylie Minogue, hehehe

And btw why can't Androids can't have last names!?!? i don't see the problem, after all they are Living things totally independent exept for Shino and maybe others, but at least Kadaia ((my RAcaseal)) is 100% independent ^_^

hucasts_rock
Sep 25, 2003, 09:59 PM
Montague is the last name of Romeo and his family in the play Romeo and Juliet ... I think that is somewhat odd..of course, the other NPC names are just as strange http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

A2K
Sep 25, 2003, 10:57 PM
It makes me wonder if Elenor's last name was supposed to be "Capulet" instead of "Camuel".

_Sinue_
Sep 25, 2003, 11:29 PM
Shakespear had a somewhat moderate influence in PSO in the beginning. For instance, even the US ship names for the DC version were characters in Shakespear's various plays. Titania and Oberon were the fairy King and Queen in Midsummer's Night Dream. Puck also played a role in that particular play as the mischevious fairy who confuses the mortal's minds and mixes the couples up. Ophelia is from, I believe, Hamlet. I'm not sure which plays Ariel, Miranda, Umbriel, and the various other names came from.

And yeah, I was going to post the Romeo & Juliet references, but you guys beat me to it. Camuel didn't turn up in a search of Shakespearean plays, so I'm going to assume that it's a play-on-words of Capulet - although that's probably wrong.

A2K
Sep 25, 2003, 11:44 PM
Er, actually, the US Dreamcast ships were named after the moons of Uranus.

JP Dreamcast = Named after the moons of JuPiter
US Dreamcast = Named after the moons of UranUs
EU Dreamcast = Named after the moons of... er... Neptune

Heh, I guess EU's didn't really fit because there isn't a planet in a solar system with an EU like that... although, I guess you could look at it like "nEptUne", I suppose.

Of course, the moons of Uranus were named after Shakespearean characters in the first place, so... the whole spiel I just had was pretty pointless, lol