PDA

View Full Version : Hrm... Two potentially stupid and unrealted questions

Kamatz
Sep 24, 2003, 06:37 PM
Kay, Firstly, I'm -very- annoyed at PSO because as of yet I haven't been able to make it work through my router. The router is a wee little Linksys. I have to unplug it (effectively disabling the home LAN), and plug the GC/BBA in directly to get a successfull internet connection.

I had a minor stroke of genius last night, however, and thought to try and use a crossover cable.
One thing to note is that it's a self-made cable. I did the termination and leads myself and am fairly certain it was done correctly.

However, when I hooked it up I got even less success than with standard cables. It gives me Error #018, Which is the problem of there being no cable. It's acting as if it isn't hooked up but I know it is, and I know, almost beyond a doubt, that the cable is properly made. Does anyone have any experience with this?

The second issue is that I recently purchased a keyboard adapter so I wouldn't have to use the painfully slow Softkey interface.
It seems to work fine, except for one minor glitch. All of the SHIFT functions are mixed up. For example, Shift+2 gets me a quotation mark ("), instead of the "At", symbol (@). I suspect this is caused by the keyboards extra functions. It's a newer model with Shortcut keys for Sleep Mode, E-mail, ect. Would using a standard keyboard with no such extra functions solve this problem?
The adapter in question is this one: http://shop.store.yahoo.com/midwestgames/ningamkeyadc.html

Isaac
Sep 24, 2003, 07:49 PM
Alright, go buy a normal 10/100 cable you cheapskate! Next, bah humbug linksys! I use a D-Link router and have no problems what so ever. You should check your LAN and WAN connection preferences. The keyboard thing is inherent to gc keyboards, they all do it.

Kamatz
Sep 24, 2003, 09:08 PM
*Snicker* I haven't been called a Cheapskate in a long time... Free God/Ability for you! ^_^;
I didn't make it 'cause I'm cheap. I made it 'cause I had the materials on-hand and didn't feel like running out to Circuit City.
D-link? Mkay! 'Bout how much are those and where's their site?
I've triple-checked all those things. It works fine when I leave the GC-side prefs on auto.
And okay. ^_^; No wonder everyone's grammar is lacking Online.

Rich_T
Sep 25, 2003, 11:49 AM
looks like youve got UK mapping on your keyboard
which maps as follows
Shift and
1!
2"
3 pound symymbol
$4 euro symbol
5%
6^
7&
8*
9(
0)

JKL:@~
jkl;'#

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Rich_T on 2003-09-25 09:50 ]</font>

Isaac
Sep 25, 2003, 08:33 PM
Nope, the parentheses are over one to the left for some reason, it's just the keyboard. Cool, a God/Ability! Extra unfinished cat-5 cable lying around your house...interesting. D-Link's website is http://www.d-link.com, but be forewarned the new stuff sucks drivers and support wise.