PDA

View Full Version : GC-Battle: FOrce Battle Mode Strategies

SungKwon
Sep 24, 2003, 10:00 PM
Hello, here is a topic to place your own strategies for your FOrces.

I play an 81 Pinkal FOnewearl, and I'm VS a 98 Skyly HUcast and an 88 Oran HUmar.

I've won thrice, came in second once, and lost 2 times.

My strategy is equip Gibart to X, Foie to A, and Grants to B. Resta to R+A, Difluids to R+X, and normal attack to R+B for opening boxs.

We usually play on Rule 1, and what I do is run around, and when a Delsaber comes out of nowhere, I use Gibarta, freeze it, and run.

If a real character is in a seperate room, but within range of my level 20 Grants, I'll string them off, hitting him and knocking him down. If he's chased by a Delsaber, he has to use a recovery item and get away.

Whats great though, is to freeze someone and hit them with a 24 Foie boosted by my MST, Class, and Club of Laconium. I only need to hit him 3 times to kill them. This also helps when there is a Delsaber.

If a human player is chasing me, I'll turn and cast a Foie, which knocks them down. If they have a gun or Dragon Slayer, I try to freeze them or just knock them down and run out of range.

Anyone else got anything to post? Note, I don't use Megid because it costs too much and it doesn't work all the time.

Olga-Rappy
Sep 28, 2003, 07:30 AM
I usually play with my friends, so our strategies tend to work best against each other... nonetheless, the FOmar and I have very effective tricks.
I'll start with Kel'Rathis the FOmar's strategies:

- If you have decent ATP, and want to close in on somebody, Freeze Traps and Grants are useful - Grants does killer damage at level 26 and knocks people down, and although they do no damage, Freeze traps grant you 2-4 more free hits.

- If your Gifoie level is high enough, you can hide around walls and corners, then loose it on a player. Since Gifoie doesn't knock people down, you can follow up with a quick Grants.

- If you're quick and have a Geist weapon, you can get a few two hit combos off a Delsabre for some quick TP. Be careful though - you're very vulnerable to other players and the Delsabre when doing this.

- Use weapons that augment your favorite spell. Merges are a MUST.

And here are a few of mine

- Know when to use each basic tech. Zonde when you can't target them quick enough and need to put distance between you and your foe quickly.

- Barta can go through walls. Never forget that.

- FOnewearls with high level Megid should use it more ofen than Foie. It's cheaper, deadlier, and harder to miss with.

- Having weapons with tech-casting specials is great, as it saves you TP. Again, USE THE APPROPRIATE MERGE.