PDA

View Full Version : Adrian Lamo

Isaac
Sep 24, 2003, 11:01 PM
Alright, I've been doing this in every forum is subscribe to, and PSOW should be no different. I'm sure almost none of you know who this man is so here goes. Adrian Lamo is a 22 year old white hatter (a hacker who does not do malicious things). He has helped companys such as Microsoft, MCI Worldcomm, Yahoo and Cingular secure their netowrks, and often customer information. However, he is not a security consultant. Sometimes he stumbles onto vulnerabilities, explores the extent of said vulnerability and then contacts the company. Once he was informed them of the problem he offers advice, and often help for free. He is often called the "homeless hacker" since he goes from freinds house to freinds house. I urge all of you to read up about this case! His last hack was the New York Times, wherein he accessed their main intranet through an insecure proxy server. After learning the extent of the vulnerability and notifying the Times, they pressed federal charges. Mr. Lamo is now looking at 10 years in prison. My website link goes directly to a support page, and if any of you would like I'll look up and post the articles i can find here.
http://www.pickaphd.com/ransom.jpg

Guile
Sep 25, 2003, 08:37 PM
What is this world coming to??

Free Lamo.

ginko990
Sep 25, 2003, 09:26 PM
sounds like a nice enough guy.

LMAO FREE LAMO

MQuantum
Sep 25, 2003, 09:40 PM
You bet. Things like this get me mad. that's just plain wrong, fixing their problem, then getting nailed for it. Is there anything we can do though?

Infused
Sep 25, 2003, 10:00 PM
He did'nt damage their systems. He did'nt give out how to exploit the system. He did'nt take any knowlage like IPs of Viewers and Such.

Honestly, I Do Not See How This Will Hold Up In Cort.

Free Lamo

eXo
Sep 25, 2003, 11:31 PM
Hmm actually all forms of hacking are illegal,so i think he should blah The hell with it free LAMO

pixelate
Sep 25, 2003, 11:39 PM
So I come into your house without you knowing, watch you in the shower, then mail you a letter about how I got your house and how you looked in the shower. That doesn't deserve punishment?

Everyone, give me your addresses and I'll come watch you in the shower so you can find out how I can get into your house.

eXo
Sep 25, 2003, 11:49 PM
well i guess i can say my original opinion since im no longer alone http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_lol.gif he does deserve to be punished but pixelate dont you think 10 years is a little harsh http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_confused.gif

MasterJoel
Sep 25, 2003, 11:52 PM
On 2003-09-25 21:39, pixelate wrote:
So I come into your house without you knowing, watch you in the shower, then mail you a letter about how I got your house and how you looked in the shower. That doesn't deserve punishment?

Everyone, give me your addresses and I'll come watch you in the shower so you can find out how I can get into your house.

my address is 118... hey! i see what you are trying to pull here! i hope you go to jail! you must have heard me singing hakuna matata in the shower this morning! i swear, if you tell anyone, i'll tell them about what you sing in the shower!

no, really, that was a good analogy... i really hope he does go to jail

eXo
Sep 26, 2003, 12:04 AM
Yep he deserves a little hard love.plus i could use a new lincense plate http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime2.gif

Dangerous55
Sep 27, 2003, 04:05 PM
Welcome To: FreeLamo.com

United States of America - v. - Adrian Lamo

Uh-oh, Lamo and Co vs greatest military on Earth.

Im out.

ginko990
Sep 27, 2003, 09:02 PM
On 2003-09-25 21:39, pixelate wrote:

Baby you can call me.