PDA

View Full Version : Handgun or Slicer?

StrongBad
Sep 24, 2003, 11:28 PM
What is better for a hunter, a handgun or a slicer? I have not really used either but they seem about the same exept for slicers hit more people but combo is worse and handguns are faster and a little more accurate. I have a diska with 20 hit that i might turn into a rainbow baton so I would like to know.

Soukosa
Sep 24, 2003, 11:40 PM
It would really matter on what you want to do. To me, slicers are like swords or partisans, just weaker, less accurate and more range. Handguns would be used to peck away at something from a safe distance.

edwinsu
Sep 25, 2003, 01:44 AM
slicers are more fun to use then handguns by far. all you really have to worry about is getting the first hit off then the rest of the combo flows really easily.

-edwinsu-

Droit
Sep 25, 2003, 08:28 AM
my level 25 ramarl is pimping the rainbow baton, i have every imaginable ranger weapon but i just use the rainbow baton... yas9000 for bosses. mostly the rainbow baton http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif so slicers all the way

Benzine
Sep 25, 2003, 08:33 AM
If you have a relatively high level character then you can buy a better slicer for the rainbow baton from the store. Just keep teleporting to town because it resets the shops every time. My 120ish skyly hunewearl got a 15%native 50%hit slicer that way.

Stricker
Sep 25, 2003, 08:45 AM
The slicers are slower but hit multiple enemies. Good for multi mode

The nandguns are faster and better acc but only hit one enemy. I use it in single mode.

StrongBad
Sep 25, 2003, 09:23 AM
And another question since i already made this thread, does it make any difference if i use a Diska or a Slicer or a Sawcer or whatever? Like does it make it better if i use one of those over the other?

neko-chan
Sep 25, 2003, 09:30 AM
They all are weapons from the same series, but the Diska is the strongest of the family and have the best ATA bonus.

Slicer < Spinner < Cutter < Sawcer < Diska.

However, as usual it's all about percents and elements. I would rather prefer to get a Cutter with 100% Hit than a Diska without percents.

Take a look here: http://pso-world.com/sections.php?op=viewarticle&artid=410.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: neko-chan on 2003-09-25 07:32 ]</font>

Valleo
Sep 25, 2003, 09:46 AM
Depends. I dont have a Rainbow baton (yet) but I know its a great weapon. However, if you talking about which to use as a secondary ranged weapon to compliment your HU's main weapon, id say use a handgun. The reason being that the handgun combo doesnt have you moving forward into packs of enemies like the slicer combo does.

Stalfos333
Sep 25, 2003, 10:53 AM
I prefer mechguns with a Hu character. You can carefully attract only a few enemies, then whittle them down and kill them very quickly.

Handguns can be useful, and the only time I've found slicers useful is in multiplayer with a Ra, and against Del Rol Le.