PDA

View Full Version : Visual bug: MKB/BKB texturing error

RagMasterRappy
Sep 25, 2003, 12:49 AM
Well today in addition from finding (finally) a MKB from a Mericol, I discovered a weird bug that exists when both the MKB and BKB are being used. This is what I think is happening: The MKB and BKB both use the same model, however, only one texture is associated with it. Therefore, only the red or black bar texture can be in the cache but not both at the same time.
Here's proof:

Shathra, owner of the BKB:
http://ev.dhs.org/psopics/9-25-2003/bkb.jpg

First, both of us unequip our bars. Their models and textures are released from memory. Shathra equips her BKB, and its data is loaded. However, when I equip my MKB, the red texture does not appear because, I believe, that since the texture for the model is already loaded, the game just skips loading anything a second time. Now my MKB looks like a BKB:
http://ev.dhs.org/psopics/9-25-2003/mkb_texture_error.jpg

By repeating the same process, first unequipping both our bars, I equip my MKB. Now Shathra's BKB looks like a MKB:
http://ev.dhs.org/psopics/9-25-2003/bkb_texture_error.jpg

VioletSkye
Sep 25, 2003, 12:54 AM
I noticed that too along time ago. I was using both and the BKB was using the MKB visuals. I TP'ed back to P2 and re-equipped and that seemed to fix it.

Weird though, because all regular weps share the same models, ie. Sabers, Brands, Busters etc use the same model and yet the graphics change for those.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: VioletSkye on 2003-09-24 22:58 ]</font>

polishedweasel
Sep 25, 2003, 04:50 AM
you know that you never notice how good a games graphics are when you actually play it. You only notice when you look at a picture or watch someone else play it. PSO has some decent visual graphics.

Kuai
Sep 25, 2003, 04:48 PM
hello and welcome to the release of DC PSO

ginko990
Sep 25, 2003, 06:02 PM
This is actually like REALLY REALLY old. Im not poking fun or anything. nice pics and congrats on the find http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

CGoodness
Sep 25, 2003, 08:57 PM
I didn't know... that's funkay!

Rudoku
Sep 25, 2003, 10:12 PM
Good. I thought that untekked MKBs just looked black...

Auracom
Sep 25, 2003, 10:57 PM
hehe Great way of explaining that ragmaster. Geez you think ST would care and clean up their sloppy code... I also just heard that Secure Feet are found in a blue box despite being a rare. I guess I'll have to track some down and get snap for us.

VioletSkye
Sep 25, 2003, 11:16 PM
Secure feet shows up as a Blue box on my copy. I think the second US release of the game fixed that however. Its not really worth taking a pic of though. Its just a Blue box that says secure feet. Nothing too exciting about that http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Ok, since I have it. I thought I'd post it.
http://www.angelfire.com/alt/rlc/securefeet.jpg

Sorry about the quality, I'm far too lazy to move my GC around to take a screen capture. LOL. Like I said, its not too exciting. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: VioletSkye on 2003-09-25 21:28 ]</font>

Dragon_Knight
Sep 26, 2003, 10:28 AM
Ehh the worst I've seen is a HUnewarl with a hand gun. If you point her at the screen and shoot her arm goes through her chest rather then to the side.

Soukosa
Sep 26, 2003, 12:27 PM
On 2003-09-25 21:16, VioletSkye wrote:
Secure feet shows up as a Blue box on my copy. I think the second US release of the game fixed that however. Its not really worth taking a pic of though. Its just a Blue box that says secure feet. Nothing too exciting about that http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Looks like another type-o that got missed, along with the mess up of Ult Gibbles' exp (which got fixed on the XBox), Bee L having an EFR of 1000 in V. Hard Spaceship, and the "BULE MERGE", which got fixed in the GC versions after JP 1.0.

vegeta000110
Sep 26, 2003, 02:41 PM
(Yes, this is probably old) In my copy of pso, when I get a mergable barrier it's in a blue box.

CK20XX
Sep 27, 2003, 11:27 AM
I saw that happen during a Nei's Claw hunt. There was a RAcaseal in the group who used a Monkey King Bar, but a couple of time she pulled it out and it looked like a Black King Bar. All four of us were scratching our heads over that one for the rest of the quest.

Hrith
Sep 29, 2003, 10:21 AM
!!!!!!!!!!!

Blue box SECURE FEET ??!! I found two (Temple YELLOWBOZE Mil Lily) and both were red, and still are !

NTSC Glitch ??

What I can add to this topic is that when your MAG becomes a EP1&2 rare MAG (Savitri, Sato, Rati, Bhima, Nidra...) it stays blue (box). Warp and it's red !

Barubary6
Sep 29, 2003, 06:50 PM
I would say that *every* game out there now has just as many bugs as PSO. It's just that people play PSO so much that minor bugs get noticed. Also, people look for bugs in online games.

As the complexity of games grows, the number of bugs will increase, but the severity of bugs will approach zero. I find it easier to crash Mario 1 than I do Final Fantasy 10, yet FF10 has more bugs.

-- Barubary

ilr2000
Sep 30, 2003, 11:13 AM
I had that BKB/MKB thing happen to me once. I thought it was pretty crazy, and it was pretty cool too. It was a nice visual change of pace after 400 hours of seeing black bars EVERYWHERE.

Mew2baby
Oct 1, 2003, 06:39 PM
The MKB turns blueish grey in West tower runs as well http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif

Ketchup345
Oct 1, 2003, 06:44 PM
On 2003-09-26 12:41, vegeta000110 wrote:
(Yes, this is probably old) In my copy of pso, when I get a mergable barrier it's in a blue box.

The barriers are only a 7* rare, meaning they aren't supposed to be in red boxes. They are only in red boxes after they are merged.

Nai_Calus
Oct 1, 2003, 09:06 PM
On 2003-10-01 16:44, Ketchup345 wrote:

The barriers are only a 7* rare, meaning they aren't supposed to be in red boxes. They are only in red boxes after they are merged.

Not even then, unless it's a coloured merge, AFAIK... My Foie, Rafoie, Rabarta, Zonde and Gizonde Merges are all 8* blue-box rares. The only red boxer is the Red Merge, which is 9*.

Soukosa
Oct 1, 2003, 11:19 PM
On 2003-10-01 19:06, Ian-KunX wrote:

On 2003-10-01 16:44, Ketchup345 wrote:

Not even then, unless it's a coloured merge, AFAIK... My Foie, Rafoie, Rabarta, Zonde and Gizonde Merges are all 8* blue-box rares. The only red boxer is the Red Merge, which is 9*.

A rare that has a star rating won't show up in a red box unless it has at least 9 stars. I believe that only the colored merges are 9 stars, all the others are 8 stars or less.

rena-ko
Oct 2, 2003, 10:46 AM
wonderful ^-^;

now someone please explains the nonworking lobby changes on cube...

(like the music change during sonics birthday or the autumn trees right now - yeah, its obvious that this is a cache-overwriting error...)

Hrith
Oct 4, 2003, 09:06 AM
I think creating a new topic would be pointless, posting it here might be better.

I just noticed, and had never before, even at such levels as are mine, that when a Mil Lily appears along with Ob Lilies, the Ob Lilies will have the Mil Lily's Megid, which is far more deadly !

Reenee
Oct 4, 2003, 09:54 AM
Hmm, nope, that was common knowledge.

Nai_Calus
Oct 4, 2003, 04:42 PM
On 2003-10-04 07:06, Kefka wrote:
I think creating a new topic would be pointless, posting it here might be better.

I just noticed, and had never before, even at such levels as are mine, that when a Mil Lily appears along with Ob Lilies, the Ob Lilies will have the Mil Lily's Megid, which is far more deadly !

One thing I've noticed is that Mils don't always have nasty Megid. The level seems to vary greatly. The last Milly I found didn't even have as high as a normal Ob. I've had it be L16+ before, and I'm pretty sure once it was L26+, but I've seen it sub-Ob level as well. Which makes Millies interesting, you never know if it's going to be pathetic shit that doesn't even come near you, or stuff that's going to go through the door and half the next room so fast you can barely dodge it. Fun.

Cerris
Oct 5, 2003, 09:51 PM
when u trade it goes

sum1is wnating 2 trade
there is no space after the name thus adding is to the charachers name!
0_o

heyf00L
Oct 6, 2003, 11:57 PM
I have the itemrt file from the Xbox version of the game and Normal Temple Blueful Hidleblue drops Trigrinder and the drop rate is set to 00 meaning never. I don't think this error is on Cube.

Oh, and Zanba is textured wrong during the Temple boss fight.