PDA

View Full Version : PSO is weird. :-P

Nai_Calus
Sep 25, 2003, 01:38 AM
So, today I decided to make another trip to FoS to pipe for 'torrs with my ORAN HUmar. It took me over 300 pipes to find one. Guess what it dropped.

Yep. Mind Material. Whee.

On the other hand, the closest Rappy of the trio in the small room with a wave of three Rappies and then a single Hildelt was randomly a Pal, which gave me a Star Amplifier, I got a Mace of Adaman from a box, and one of the Hildelts I killed out of spite after the 'torr stiffed me gave me an Elysion with halfway decent %s.

So even though I didn't get what I was after, I still had a pretty good run. Best I've had in... About ever, actually. Anyone else have this kind of thing happen?

Soukosa
Sep 25, 2003, 02:13 AM
I had something similar just a bit earlier. I started work on trying to get a Yas 9kM from an Assassin with my Purplenum. I made it over to Temple Beta and got to the room where the orange switch and other good stuff is, when a 2 Rappies of the first wave dropped down, one being a Love Rappy. I kill it, wait for it to get back up and hit and lo and behold, there's a shiny red box there for me. I walk over to it and its a God/Luck. Not exactly the greatest rare to get from a rare enemy, but I was quite happy since it has been ages since I've gotten a rare drop from a rare enemy with her. At the same time, it only makes me want to scratch my head since that drop is rarer than the ones that the 2 Nar Lilies and Hildeblue refused to give me while I was hunting for a Spirit Garment with her on V. Hard. So, I continue on, making it to the last room with enemies. I get the Merlan in the first wave over by the door so I can run for my life if I can't quite handle the next wave consisting of an Indi Belra and Ob Lilies and kill it off. To my suprise, it leaves a red box, I notice that it's a Special Weapon. Not really remembering what Merlans drop, I just figure its a Combat or something, so I let it go until I can take out the Belra and some of the Lilies. I get that done, pick up the rare and equip it, only to realize that it drop an Anti Android Rifle. I was like "SWEET!", since I got one of the rares I wanted from there (makes me wonder how I had forgotten that Merlans drop it). It had no percents on it, but I don't care, having something new and cool is enough http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif I finish up the run with the slaughtering of Barba Ray (the first time with her) and I guess it read my mind and left me a Combat with a not so great percent http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif Overall, that was quite a good run, especially since I haven't really gotten anything decent lately.

Olga-Rappy
Sep 25, 2003, 05:16 AM
I went through the Ruins in search of a Book of Hitogata.

I ended up finding:

Belra's Arm
Delsaber's Left Arm
Bringer's Arm
Guardianna

Probably was my best sweep ever. I guess concentrating on getting something else is the best way to get Rares outside of piping!

I do not want to find a Hideltorr or a Frozen Shooter... I do not want to find a Hideltorr or a Frozen Shooter... I do not want to find a Hideltorr or a Frozen Shooter...

Cerris
Sep 25, 2003, 06:24 AM
I was on my first pipe expidition, in the caves!
Found 3 nar lillies and 1 pouly!
Got a varista, Diska of lib., assasin slice, and a MONOMATE!?!?!?

AngelAlys
Sep 25, 2003, 06:49 AM
On 2003-09-25 03:16, Olga-Rappy wrote:
I went through the Ruins in search of a Book of Hitogata.

I ended up finding:

Belra's Arm
Delsaber's Left Arm
Bringer's Arm
Guardianna

That's weird, cause I went in looking for Bringer's Arm and ended up leaving with Book of Hitogata http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: AngelAlys on 2003-09-27 04:08 ]</font>

SpyroDi
Sep 25, 2003, 02:52 PM
In my best run,under my Oran FOmar:

Star Amplifier - Pal Rappy
Cross Scar x 4 - El Rappy
Elysion - Hildelt
Photon Drop - Tollaw
Photon Drop - Box
Photon Drop - Bartle
Photon Drop - Sil Dragon

Wood_Golem
Sep 25, 2003, 03:08 PM
Hmm best run... i guess one i did with my m8s in forest for a change of pace.. with skyly in front this happened..

forest 1 nothing..
forest 2 pal rappy 2nd room i got the 700xp http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif
room with the pillar thing god arm from a gulgus-gue (which i didnt get but i allready have 5 of them anyway)then a dragons claw http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif hehe then we went again and got another claw http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif and the 3rd time hopeing for another claw we got a flowens sword 3064 off a hildelt hehe thats probably my bestrun

Nambrosia
Sep 25, 2003, 03:13 PM
I once found a Spread Needle while looking for a Guardianna http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif

Also, in an Ult Ruins game I once made, Two Bringer's Right Arms dropped http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif

That was a while ago.. and I haven't found a single Bringer's Right Arm since..

Dillon
Sep 25, 2003, 03:27 PM
Piped for like 6 hours on a FIY quest, only to have the ONLY Pal I saw drop me a Soul Barrier or something of the sorts.

Very irritating.

Nambrosia
Sep 25, 2003, 03:29 PM
On 2003-09-25 13:27, Dillon wrote:
Piped for like 6 hours on a FIY quest, only to have the ONLY Pal I saw drop me a Soul Barrier or something of the sorts.

Very irritating.

El/Pal Rappies seem very partial to dropping barriers..
of course if you're in dire need of a Flame/Freeze/Plasma Barrier, Fake In Yellow is great http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif

Dillon
Sep 25, 2003, 03:39 PM
They also drop Materials/Scapes/Disks quite commonly.

Also, if you're in need of a level 14/15 Grants, just go find a Mothvist, those little Mothverts seem to loooove throwing them at me.

joluh
Sep 25, 2003, 03:41 PM
On 2003-09-25 03:16, Olga-Rappy wrote:

I do not want to find a Hideltorr or a Frozen Shooter... I do not want to find a Hideltorr or a Frozen Shooter... I do not want to find a Hideltorr or a Frozen Shooter...

Hehehe, i guess everyone of us do that, and when yo forget about the stupid item, what's that!?!?... OMG!!! THIS IS IT!!! YAY =D that always happen ^_^

lain2k3
Sep 25, 2003, 04:40 PM
the most rares I've ever found in one run of anything was a FoS run:

kaladbolg - box
photon drop - hildet
photon drop - hildet
photon drop - hildet
photon drop - hildet
Frozen shooter - hildetorr.
(this was my 5th one, so i wasnt too excited.)

vegeta000110
Sep 25, 2003, 04:48 PM
The best run I've had was a VH Greenill FOS run. 3-5 PDs and 3 Bear's Heads.

Nai_Calus
Sep 25, 2003, 08:48 PM
I did Fake in Yellow with my REDRIA FOmar today. After about 5 pipes in the penultimate room, Pal. So I nuke it. Accidentally nuke the next wave, too. The Pal stiffed me(Ouch), but one of the Els left me a nice crappy Sacred Cloth with 0 slots. Whee. This game really -does- hate me. O_o;

I'm going to go look for Cross Scars now. -_-;

whizkid7
Sep 25, 2003, 08:53 PM
My best was probably when I took a run thru Spaceship and came across two God/Legs from the Gulgus-Gue in the same run. That was weird, I didn't even know those existed until I found em. I probably should have known, but I'm kinda dumb that way.

AngelAlys
Sep 27, 2003, 06:11 AM
On 2003-09-25 18:48, Ian-KunX wrote:
I did Fake in Yellow with my REDRIA FOmar today. After about 5 pipes in the penultimate room, Pal. So I nuke it. Accidentally nuke the next wave, too. The Pal stiffed me(Ouch), but one of the Els left me a nice crappy Sacred Cloth with 0 slots. Whee. This game really -does- hate me. O_o;

I'm going to go look for Cross Scars now. -_-;

Erm... the Pal Rapppy dropped the Sacred Cloth, and they aint crappy at all... One more level and I can use mine http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Nai_Calus
Sep 27, 2003, 01:24 PM
On 2003-09-27 04:11, AngelAlys wrote:

Erm... the Pal Rapppy dropped the Sacred Cloth, and they aint crappy at all... One more level and I can use mine :)

No, the Pal Rappy dropped either the Trimate, Moon Atomizer, Evade Material or the Flame Barrier. Hard to say, they were all clustered together. The El Rappy that got hit and subsequently tripped up by consecutive waves of Gifoie dropped the Sacred Cloth. This is REDRIA, not PURPLENUM. >P REDRIA Pals drop Red Handgun.

And Sacred Cloth is crappy to me. >P Crap DFP, crap EVP, blah elemental resists... Stupidly high level requirement. I need decent DFP and EVP more than I need protection against a status ailment I never get. O_o; My highest character is L111. I'll go for the much easier to find, far superior Guard Wave I can find retardedly easily off of Pouilly Slimes. O_o; That only has a L101 requirement, which one of my chars already meets and another will reach soon enough, and has better stats. X_x;

Olga-Rappy
Sep 27, 2003, 07:25 PM
Hey, be lucky you found a rare rappy at all. I saw ONE, a Pal Rappy, with my Pinkal.

Yeah, in case you haven't guessed, it dropped a Monomate. A MONOMATE. I could've choked the little bugger - at least a monoFLUID would've been of actual benefit to me.

StrongBad
Sep 27, 2003, 07:32 PM
Whats really weird is that on my lvl 129 FOnewm in Ultimate the best things I have found were a couple of 10 star rares. Today on Vhard I found 3 11 star rares. 2 God/Arms and just now a Perfect/Resist thanks to a Nar Lillie. The weird thing is that the 10 star rares are really good but only 10 stars, Twin Blaze, Demolition Comet, Yasminkov 3000, Dragons Claw. I don't think a Perfect/Resist should be 11 stars. Its not even that good. 10 Stars at the most.

HUShadow
Sep 28, 2003, 11:09 AM
Not the greatest run I've had, but I guess it was good.

I went out lookin' around VHard mines for a Agito '01 (Yeah, right -_-') and I come to the room where a S-beat drops down, you face all those enemies, then two more S-beats drop down. Well, I thought, good Exp, I guess. I started slaughtering 'em all. I came to the final S-beats, one drops me a monomate, I turn around to whee the other's body was (It was right behind me, I couldn't see what it had dropped), and there was my S-beats arms.

'nother time I was going on a Musashi run(just got my Yamato ^_^) and I got a Booma's claw. Wow. Never thought I'd get an other of these friggin' things again. Oh, well, I'll give it to one of my friends.

CGoodness
Sep 28, 2003, 02:55 PM
i once got 5 rares in the same room on hard mines redria

diska of liberator
diska of braveman
slicer of assassin
secret gear
secret gear

all in the last room of mines 1 ive only found 1 rare since and that was like 3 months ago lol