View Full Version : Challenge: Why do you keep playing C mode

Capricornus
Sep 25, 2003, 03:57 AM
Was in the mood to make a little poll, so here it is.
I know most of you (like I do) like to play C mode for many reasons described above, but the main idea of this poll is to only select one (yes I really had troubles choosing between "TA, TA and TA, I just love it" and "Because I get the chance to play with Master Joel". Oh well, at the end TA won for me, sorry Master http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif
Thx for your votes and really curious about the end results...

rena-ko
Sep 25, 2003, 06:51 AM
yeah, the teamspirit thing there... *points* *votes*

MasterJoel
Sep 25, 2003, 08:20 AM
HOLY CRAP, YES! who knew i am so popular! that's right val, that's right gryphon, i beat you out. i am your new worship symbol! and to you fox and guntz, I GOT MY OWN OPTION!

i like to play cmode becaue i like to help newbies get into cmode. why newbies? you can't cheat! your 1337 status no longer applies to you! OMGWTFLOL! you have to use a SABER!

actually, i was pretty pissy to a couple of n00bs yesterday... but then again, i have been diligently working on homework for a week straight (which is very unlike me), and it has been a major protagonist in the rotting of my brain.

thanks, you just made my day! now back to homework... and then a final...

Edit: Thanks Ibuki!

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: MasterJoel on 2003-09-25 06:39 ]</font>

Valleo
Sep 25, 2003, 09:26 AM
To play with Joel of course. In fact, if it wasnt for Joel I wouldnt play PSO at all. What? What sarcasm??

Capricornus
Sep 25, 2003, 11:03 AM
Edit: Thanks Ibuki!

No need to thank me Master Joel.
Fact is that I should be thanking you, hehe http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif
You introduced me to your friends (Fox, Flux , Val,...)
You all are a bunch of very nice people to hang around with, all with a nice and mature view and way of playing on this great (and addictive I must admit) game which is PSO.
*sigh*
*me feeling guilty now for not having voted for the famous Master Joel*
*sigh, sniff, sniff*

MasterJoel
Sep 25, 2003, 10:20 PM
On 2003-09-25 09:03, Capricornus wrote:

No need to thank me Master Joel.
Fact is that I should be thanking you, hehe http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif
You introduced me to your friends (Fox, Flux , Val,...)
You all are a bunch of very nice people to hang around with, all with a nice and mature view and way of playing on this great (and addictive I must admit) game which is PSO.
*sigh*
*me feeling guilty now for not having voted for the famous Master Joel*
*sigh, sniff, sniff*

in case you care, its really a long drawn out process how i met these three... well, not really. y'see, i met gryphon through a trade of amplifiers, we both had 2 of one kind and it was a win/win situation for the two of us. she was nice, and although, i was n00bish and she had no keyboard, i got to meet her pal vulpes...

and dear god... vulpes has thousands of online friends, i swear! this is how i met lots of people from this site! don't deny it vulpes, you know you are a bigwig! but i still haven't formally met lollipoplolita... anyhow, i met val through him. val is my favo"u"rite canadian whom still hasn't succeeded in killing me yet. and i know you voted me! it may be sarcasm, but it was fun sarcasm nonetheless! huzzah! its a chain!

and maybe that has nothing to do with the post, but it was fun to write. thanks for the TA session today, you guys are hardcore! its definately different than introducing n00bs to cmode or playing with fox, gryphon, and val, who, although really good players in their own way, don't actively TA with me.

HENSHIN-A-GO-GO-BABY! BURNING RANGER ALL THE WAY!

Auracom
Sep 25, 2003, 10:48 PM
Master Joels my hero. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_lol.gif

Kyecsrai
Sep 25, 2003, 11:10 PM
TA is just....meh. Give me a good team and the worst map this game can throw at you and I'm one happy camper.

FluxGryphon
Sep 26, 2003, 12:27 AM
Wooooo! This thread makes me wish (and suddenly realize) we could rate threads like on MGOForum. (It's been ages since I've been there...it's prolly dead) It's just so much fun! And in a way illustrates the reason I play C-mode...

Erstwhile I was stuck between "helping players and newbies" and the "fun, challenging, and team spirit" options, I eventually picked the latter. In case in wasn't glaringly obvious from Joel's posts, there are a few of us who have a congenial rapport. Yes, we spend much time joking around in lobbies, but all in all it's fun. And hey, it's hard to talk during Challenge, what with all the barely coordinated carnage and all.

VulpesMundi
Sep 26, 2003, 01:53 AM
http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_lol.gif

I'm slowly getting back into TA games, but for me C-mode has always been about a pure, fun, and team-oriented style of gameplay. More often than naught I'll just play to play because I like it so much. View the favorite gameplay section in my member spotlight interview. (http://www.pso-world.com/memberspotlight.php?date=2003-08-05)

Reece
Sep 27, 2003, 03:59 PM
For the weapons! But I hate playing it with n00bs that die...

Jazhara
Oct 2, 2003, 10:43 AM
I'm suprised I'm the only vote for this, but...

No Duping / Cheating gets my vote (there are dupers and cheaters, they just can't do it in C ;D).

I'm a bit anal about who I play Ult with, but I don't stamp it above my head or shout at people who dupe / cheat, so C-Mode is a good way for me to play with / meet lots of people no matter whether they cheat or not.

I don't want to cheat or play with people who are cheating, but as long as it doesn't affect my game in any way, I couldn't give a damn what people do!

Alteisen
Oct 2, 2003, 12:41 PM
It's all about team spirit. A good, balanced team working in concert with each other is worth, to me, more than ANY S-Rank time. I'm kinda a "newbie" to Cmode, yeah, but that's really how I feel about it.

Which is why I like my "usual" Cmode group, even though I had to help guide them through c3 - c5 (one of them got booted just before we finished c5), since I had already done them. But it's all good.

rena-ko
Oct 6, 2003, 06:51 AM
as long as you have fun ^-^

btw - great name *laughs*