PDA

View Full Version : DBZ Characters tell what you have on to make you look like w

Sickman
Sep 25, 2003, 03:40 PM
I'm supposed to look like ss1 trunks i have blonde spiked hair blue suit 2 im a hunter i have on a flame garment and ancient sword which looks like his sword kinda and flame garment to look ss

Nambrosia
Sep 25, 2003, 03:43 PM
Actually I'm kinda opposed to Dragon Ball Z themed chars as they were all too common on DC PSO....

TheTrueJanus
Sep 25, 2003, 03:53 PM
Too common on Dreamcast? Heck, they're too common on every online game I've played....but it does show the mentality of the person that has that name, if you know what I mean....you have to be more original and name your characters after Chrono Trigger characters, like me ^.^ lol

Sickman
Sep 25, 2003, 04:07 PM
liten nambrosia u keep coming in to my posts and complaining if you dont like it dont read it

Jkid
Sep 25, 2003, 04:33 PM
If Sonic Team USA was smart they'll ban the use of popular names like DBZ names.

Kuai
Sep 25, 2003, 04:45 PM
any named based off of any anime is retarded. especially DBZ/naruto ect.

Solidus_Snake
Sep 25, 2003, 06:40 PM
I mostly base my names off of games

Miller
Sep 25, 2003, 06:55 PM
I am SSJ 1827 VegitaTrunksgoku!! and im a lvl 5 Humar with a TJ sword and black king bar!!

Sorry couldnt resist i have saw way to many DBZ chars!

MonkeyFunky
Sep 25, 2003, 07:24 PM
Stupid humars named VASH.

R

SpyroDi
Sep 25, 2003, 09:51 PM
On 2003-09-25 13:53, TheTrueJanus wrote:
Too common on Dreamcast? Heck, they're too common on every online game I've played....but it does show the mentality of the person that has that name, if you know what I mean....you have to be more original and name your characters after Chrono Trigger characters, like me ^.^ lol

The majority of my characters are from a game called Fire Emblem. Anyone ever heard of it? VERY addicting strategy-RPG.
Creator's Site: http://www.intsys.co.jp/

Oh yeah,I see at least one Vash on the Xbox every day...most of the time it's a RAmar.
I believe the original Vash was a FOnewm,he's around level 125.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: SpyroDi on 2003-09-25 19:52 ]</font>

Sickman
Sep 25, 2003, 10:04 PM
miller no offense that must likly dont look anything like a dbz character

Coxy
Sep 25, 2003, 10:31 PM
On 2003-09-25 20:04, Sickman wrote:
miller no offense that must likly dont look anything like a dbz character

hahahaha, jeez dude, its called taking the piss

As for all the DBZ stuff, think of your own name and get your own look, it can't be that hard

Kent
Sep 26, 2003, 09:48 AM
Hey, at least he didn't name his character Sephiroth...

Scejntjynahl
Sep 26, 2003, 10:07 AM
PSO is only a game (yes a good game) so why are people so uptight about using DBZ names or any anime name? It is not like your naming your child like that...that would be a sure way for your kid to get beat up in school!! I think it is worse when you see an actual person sporting the Goku haircut (and it's not even halloween (spelling?))!! But when playing any video game that allows you to create your characters name, why not use anime names...come on some of those are just to cool to pass up! Imo of course.

Dragon_Knight
Sep 26, 2003, 10:25 AM
I personaly would never use DBZ characters or names unless I was doing to to miff someone. Otherwise mots of my characters have actual names and apperances to my taste.

Miller
Sep 26, 2003, 12:13 PM
This is one of the reasons MMORPGs are better because only one person can use the name so we will not see 100s of gokus vegitas, vashes, shadows and all the other crappy anime names

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Miller on 2003-09-26 10:13 ]</font>

Celestial
Sep 26, 2003, 02:02 PM
i dont really see too much of a problem with using those names... as long as the char looks something like the name in question.

i've seen alot of Goku's that look nothing like goku or clouds and sephiroths, ETC...

but anyways i once had a very small HUnewearl named Sonic with blue spiky hair and blue clothes had the sonic knuckles equiped or egg blaster and had the chao mag. its always fun

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Celestial on 2003-09-26 12:05 ]</font>

Loser
Sep 26, 2003, 05:17 PM
Can someone tell me who/what SSJSeferoth (sp!) and , Vash are from? (cuz i see alot around)

Goose
Sep 26, 2003, 05:39 PM
I like to use names that sound like they would be form an anime, but arent really. Like Sans, Silenoz (Dimmu Borgir name, but sounds like it could be an anime). Usually one syllable four letter words. The way your character looks shouldnt reflect its name. My character's name is Goose, but I always get remarks like, "You dont look like a Goose, why u name urself that?" http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_nono.gif

Riel
Sep 26, 2003, 05:50 PM
I guess the HUmar is the one who looks more like DBZ with the spiked hair and that orange outfit,i think,i'm not a big DBZ fan but if i was and since this is a roleplaying game i could do a character from DBZ,you know just to ummm roleplay in a roleplaying game,so it's fine.

Bit
Sep 26, 2003, 05:54 PM
On 2003-09-26 15:17, Loser wrote:
Can someone tell me who/what SSJSeferoth (sp!) and , Vash are from? (cuz i see alot around)

SSJSephiroth doesn't exsist, At all.

Sephiroth is from Final Fantasy 7, and Vash is from the anime Trigun.

Shattered_weasel
Sep 27, 2003, 12:37 AM
i am SSJ ERECTION.....fear me

Berzerker
Sep 27, 2003, 04:42 AM
yeah, my friend based his character on a SSJ....then he decieded to have a change and become dark, a good choice I would say, too many SSJ based characters around. Oh, SpyroDi, I've heard of Fire Emblem, in Super Smash Bros. Melee, my favorite character be Roy http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

The_Hero_Of_Time
Sep 27, 2003, 07:47 AM
On 2003-09-26 12:02, Celestial wrote:
i dont really see too much of a problem with using those names... as long as the char looks something like the name in question.

i've seen alot of Goku's that look nothing like goku or clouds and sephiroths, ETC...

but anyways i once had a very small HUnewearl named Sonic with blue spiky hair and blue clothes had the sonic knuckles equiped or egg blaster and had the chao mag. its always fun

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Celestial on 2003-09-26 12:05 ]</font>

Maybe they arnt after the DBZ Goku, There is a Son Goku In Sai Yuki and hes also a monkey boy, so it has to do with the actual name, not just the character. Oh ya Sai Yuki Goku uses a Monkey King Bar, im guess they were going after him.

ladadaldada...Ya my character is Rinoa and she is blue and has a brown sato or angel wings and uses a slicer and/or magic.
Shinta, uses Agito and when high enough level will use Virus Armor:Lafuteria
Rockman.Exe....uses guns and looks ALOT like rockman.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: The_Hero_Of_Time on 2003-09-27 05:52 ]</font>

Olga-Rappy
Sep 27, 2003, 08:11 AM
So does Goku the Saiya-jin, in Dragon Ball.

One of my friends plays a character named Sephirot with no h, but he just does it because he's a big FF fan, and needs a Redria ID (How he got his Demolition Comet) for his HUCast - which looks nothing like Sephiroth, it has a navy blue body with Kireek's head and bright red eyes.

Berzerker
Sep 27, 2003, 03:35 PM
I know this probs make me a perve but The_Hero_Of_Time, that little pic you put, it hypnotic or something cos I cant take me eyes off it...up, down, up down....*shakes head* must go...but cant, must look at pic...where you get that?!?!

Cerris
Sep 27, 2003, 06:37 PM
Vash is a RAmar, Not a HUmar, Yeesh.
*imagines Vash fighting nails with a club*
Hmm... Interesting, but, NO!

I know this probs make me a perve but The_Hero_Of_Time, that little pic you put, it hypnotic or something cos I cant take me eyes off it...up, down, up down....*shakes head* must go...but cant, must look at pic...where you get that?!?!

Strike9.com...
Look at its source, yeesh!

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Cerris on 2003-09-27 16:39 ]</font>

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Cerris on 2003-09-27 16:40 ]</font>

lain2k3
Sep 27, 2003, 08:17 PM
On 2003-09-26 22:37, Shattered_weasel wrote:
i am SSJ ERECTION.....fear me

LOL! that was good.

I'm going to name a character Soup Facist

and I like anime names as long as they arent from crappy shows, like dbz...

I got mine from serial experiments:lain.

awesome series...

flueggy
Sep 27, 2003, 09:30 PM
that's why i name my main character my short for my name, and every body else i base on PSO ep 1 and 2, not the old ones, and some movies or books

Kunio
Sep 27, 2003, 10:38 PM
basing characters on games or anime around here is very common, except for me. I just use the name Kuno or Sakura. however theres alos Raiden from MSG2 Kiyone from Tenchi, Ertai from MTG, Asuka from EVA, thats mostly from all the other people that i usuall play with.

and yes theres also a Sephiroth(sp?)

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Kunio on 2003-09-27 20:39 ]</font>

Shattered_weasel
Sep 27, 2003, 10:57 PM
why dont you guys make up your own names......hmmm

Berzerker
Sep 28, 2003, 03:03 AM
Ok, thanks for the source.....well, I wish my name was different now, but basicly it just a short of me real name http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif man, I was sooooo stupid making it Dave. Geez, I coulda had anything, but noooo, I had to choose Dave...

Olga-Rappy
Sep 28, 2003, 06:00 AM
I did... Tell me the names in my sig aren't original!

...Ok, so one is a relatively uncommon girl's name, the other is the sugary breakfest cereal Sephirot (who might actually be temporarily dettered from PSO when FFX-2 comes out) eats.

Off-Topic: I'm holding bets. Who thinks FFX-2 can break Sephirot's PSO addiction, even temporarily? I bet it doesn't.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Olga-Rappy on 2003-09-28 04:01 ]</font>

Kuai
Sep 28, 2003, 11:51 AM
The naming filter in almost every other mmorpg > PSOs because there is only 1 unique "SSJ5 TRUNX" and even then they filter out stupid ass names like that (Sakura Sephiroth Cloud ect.). Altho i still saw a "Cumdumpster" on AO and SWG once.....

ShadowChao
Sep 29, 2003, 12:29 AM
Shadow's from an anime? Interesting... I made up that name back in 2000.

Anyway, I create original names... much better than trying to be something your character will never be.

Shadow - HUmar, orange Rati, DB's Shield, dark blue outfit, shoulder-length blue hair. Going for an Asuka.

Seraphin (Seraph is the highest rank of an Angel)- RAmar, black Pushan, black outfit, long white hair. Wants a Ruby Bullet...

Aurora 7 - FOnewearl, purple Sato (soon, anyway), blue pig-tails, dark blue outfit (ice based character). Hildeblue's Cane in a few levels, too.

Just thought I'd share my characters with y'all, I love em to death!

The_Hero_Of_Time
Sep 29, 2003, 08:31 PM
On 2003-09-27 20:57, Shattered_weasel wrote:
why dont you guys make up your own names......hmmm

Cause making cahracters is half the fun in PSO, I would rather make a character i like from another game and play with them than make my own character. ALL the characters that I have play with in PSO were from other games...whats so wrong with that. O ya and one more thing I wanna know is, why do people care soooo much what people name there characters? I found out over the years that all people do is bitch about EVERY GOD DAMN THING IN THIS GAME. People pay to play the game the way they want why should you have a say in what they do.

Off-topic: I noticed everyone loves my sig, i got it from....if you want the exact place to get all the diffrent ones, PM me(if i post it ill get banned). I think we should make an army of big boobed fairys.

DarkShinjaru
Sep 29, 2003, 10:25 PM
Shadow isn't an original name..

FinalHell
Sep 29, 2003, 10:34 PM
Sephiroth is totaly original

*cough*sarcasm*cough*

DarthFomar
Sep 30, 2003, 07:03 PM
On 2003-09-25 14:33, Jkid wrote:
If Sonic Team USA was smart they'll ban the use of popular names like DBZ names.

They are just names. Unless it's something inappropriate then they shouldn't be allowed to ban any names.

ShadowChao
Sep 30, 2003, 11:28 PM
It's not original if I were to derive it from some videogame or cartoon. I derived it from my own imagination, therefore it's original to me **shrug**

I assume this goes for other people and their names, even if it's something common.

Olga-Rappy
Oct 1, 2003, 05:00 AM
On 2003-09-29 20:34, FinalHell wrote:
Sephiroth is totaly original

*cough*sarcasm*cough*

I said it was a friend's name. And there's no h, he simply prefers to be called "Sephiroth".

ShadowChao, is it original if you thoguht of it in your head but drew it from somewhere else? Liek CocoPuffs - I thought of that, but I got th idea from a breakfast cereal.

Soja-Soulcrusher
Oct 13, 2003, 09:07 PM
"Sephirot" hails back to the "Path of Sephirot" from Xenogears. I'm not sure, but I believe "Sephiroth" is a deriviation of the highest tier of angels in Christianity: the six-winged Seraphims which stand at the side of God always.

My speculation aside, I believe Sephiroth is overdone in PSO.

If you're gonna be the guy, play him right, dammit.

Nei is getting pretty high up there in intolerable numbers with all the Gokus and Sephiroths and Vashes and whatnot. I find it ridiculous.

The name Soja was a result of a DBZ fanfic I wrote. Had more substance than the series, it did, but that's beside the point.

Eihwaz
Oct 13, 2003, 09:42 PM
Um, actually, Shadow is the name of the ninja character in Final Fantasy 3 on the SNES...