PDA

View Full Version : Naveros:Chapter 6 : Runaways

Sagasu
Sep 25, 2003, 06:59 PM
OK, guys this may seem odd but here I go. The name Naveros is the title of the book I'm writing. I'm posting it on this website to clarify how my writing is progressing, to write a good story, a world, not based off of something such as PSO. So I would appreciate it if you have any suggestions about the way I write, the structure, ect. please comment.

PLEASE Do not spam here

Authors preface: This is my first original book, not expanding off of something like pso, that I have written. I'm posting it here to see what people think of the writing that I do, and the worlds I create...

NAVEROS
Chapter 1:Genetic enhancement
Sarunakai Vii Tessak

Shinobi walked at a flat even pace as he made his way down the long corridor. The lab corridors where composed of sparkling white granite, and wall hung lights. Multiple doors of metal, coated white, led off frequently. He had never known what occurred behind these doors, and it chilled him to even think about such things. Shinobi hated these visits to the lab, the sparkling halls and cheery attendants here delivered a misconception. For here took place the unfathomable experiments, altering them, forced evolution, violently changing things, and on themselves too.

The other labs sest up around this district where testing grounds for animals, here humans defile humans out of greed, and the want of power. He neither knew or cared about what the scientist gained from this, but his visits made them strictly military based. Shinobi's attention was drawn to the one set of doors that he did know what was beyond, the guards nodded to him, the general was well known, almost every where. He took a deep breath as the guards opened the door for him, and revealed the inner chamber.

"Are these people vampires or something?" These thoughts ran through him as he entered the room, it was pitch black, aside from the huge multi colored test tubes. The sound of the door closing behind him signaled that the guards had left, they didn't like the place either he presumed. Shinobi stepped forward, examining one of the huge cylindrical glass tubes that stretched from the floor to the ceiling. Inside was a human, male, his bare frame sat suspended in the glowing blue of the container. Two long metal strips ran down two sides of the container. Out of these emerged hundreds of smaller tubes that attached to the figures body. The male was a small child, looked like a toddler, around his head was a breathing tube, that stretched out in two separate directions.

A man emerged from the darkness of the surrounding room, he was long past his youth, but no so old that he was frail. His long white beard stretched down to his knees, and his head hair was long, but neat, and ran down his back almost to his waist. Shinobi turned to speak to him,

" Who is this Dave?"
The way he addressed the man obviously showed that he knew this man well, and their years went far back together.
"I see you still don?t stick to the required formalities, General Shinobi." Shinobi let off a laugh, that somewhat relaxed the tense feeling of the room.
"If you prefer, Dr. Freeman, I'll call you that, but you haven't answered my question.? Dr. Freeman Turned to the boy in the container, a slight look of sadness washed over him.

"This is Dameon Andrew, three years old, he is one of the thirteen test subjects of the various more concentrated FF"
"Thirteen is an unlucky number? Shinobi tried to lighten the situation up further even though their meeting here was much more serious.

"Shin, lets get to the point as to get this over with. Seven of the thirteen are dead, two are in critical condition, and the others are like this boy, apparently unaffected." Shinobi nodded his head gravely,

"Dave, will you please explain to me how exactly this works? I'm not into this at all here, I know about the FF and how we used it for the adult army, but what?s different about using a child?

Dave sighed, he hated explaining this over and over to these people, even to his friend.

"You know that the first of the FF was impure, even though its GE capabilities where amazing. But we where locked in war, and only used it on adults so that the army would be ready faster. But now that we are three years into the stalemate between us and the Ferans, we can assume that we will have the time now. Also we have had time to look into the excavation of the FF in depth, and found more pure and concentrated versions of the FF. The concentrate did have significantly stronger enhancement abilities, but it killed the adults in a matter of months."

Shinobi nodded for him to go on,

"So we started to test this, on children, while the human body is still growing, adapting, and changing. We thought that if humans could mature with the FF in them, then it would be accepted in the body as something natural. Yet here we are with seven dead, two in critical, basically dead, and four, one of each category of the FF, alive."

Shinobi rubbed his head, suddenly something came to him.

"Have you tested with the weakened version with children?"
Dave nodded.
"Yes, they are alive and healthy, many of them where started at the wars begging, but only a few, now we have at least proven the method effective on at least two hundred or so children."

A sudden noise interrupted their conversation, Dr. freeman hurried over to the computer console by the test container that held Dameon inside. The scientist scanned the information on the screen , his eyes rapidly moving in their sockets as his fingers struck the keyboard, and another set of information was displayed. Finally he straightened to his friend, an apprehensive look on his face.

"Its succeeding, but the boy is having a hard time with it, the FF's presence in his body I-"

Shinobi cut him off, he didn't really want to know.

"Just notify me on a status report later, I must leave now." Dave sighed, he knew his friend had no interest really in these matters but the results.

"Albright, I'll send you a message in a day from now"

Shinobi nodded and stood, and then took his leave of the room. The guards glanced at him uneasily as he left the room, he really hated these visits....

It may seem short for a chapter of a book, but the chapters will grow, I assure you of that. I should be posting chapters on a fairly regular time period[seing as that I already have a 75 page wire frame of this ^_^]

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Sarunakai on 2003-12-04 16:06 ]</font>

mr_rubbish
Sep 26, 2003, 07:55 AM
not bad, you may have wanted to work in a way of explaining the acronym FF

Sagasu
Sep 26, 2003, 03:11 PM
FF is short four Four Forces, Four Forces is reffering to the four types of expirimental liquids that they use for their testing. Naveros, Blazeon Fluid, Lilite/dubbed emerald dust out of its color/ and Onex. What these are and where they come frm is revealed in, Chapter 2!!!

Dangerous55
Sep 26, 2003, 04:02 PM
There are some grammar and spelling mistakes in their, didnt read alot of it though. is that supposed to be the famous Shinobi or just taken from that, cause people like originality.

Sagasu
Sep 26, 2003, 07:08 PM
I have no idea what Shinobi you are talking about, names are names, lots of people have them.

Dangerous55
Sep 26, 2003, 10:01 PM
On 2003-09-26 17:08, Sarunakai wrote:
I have no idea what Shinobi you are talking about, names are names, lots of people have them.

You never heard of Shinobi?

If you name your character Abe Lincoln who do you think people will think about?

ginko990
Sep 27, 2003, 09:29 AM
Abe lincoln would be more orignal than shinobi. That name is too overused.

Sagasu
Oct 1, 2003, 07:09 PM
EDIT:

DELETED

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Sarunakai on 2003-10-01 17:13 ]</font>

Sagasu
Oct 1, 2003, 07:12 PM
Hope you guys enjoy this chapter. They'll grow, but for now I'm just setting the stage for act 1.

Naveros
Chapter 2
Force within

Sarunakai Vii Tessak

Dameon checked that the bag on his back was secured tightly on, then he picked up his helmet and headed out of his room. His mother had already left the house, an she wouldn't be back until half past seven, so he would have the house to himself for a while. Figures, it was his thirteenth birthday, and his mother wasn't around, not like he really cared all too much. The air outside was crisp and cold, it was fall here in Wyoming, and fall meant snow. Dameon headed around the front of his house the garage, he took out a key ring with several series of remotes attached to it. He pressed one, and the heavy automated door slid smoothly, quickly, and flawlessly up. It broke into segments then curved around, then stored itself up and away until he would close it again. He took a quick glance across the vehicles within. His mother was fairly rich. so she had a wide variety of vans, trucks, sports cars, ect. But he headed toward only one in particular, as he walked he places his helmet across his head and secured the latches that would hold it in place while riding. For a moment he remembered how just a few years back, you had to be sixteen to be allowed to drive by yourself, but now in 2020, humanity wouldn't allow such ridicules rules.

The motor bike sat there, a gleaming black that matched his leather riding outfit, he smiled for a moment. Fifty miles to school, not much of a problem, sometimes he was pressed with traffic, but traffic could always be avoided. He sat astride the vehicle, and opened up the key covering next to the steering bars. This wasn't no two piece bike, his mother being rich also enabled him some of the finest forms of transportation. He quickly glanced across all the dials, good fuel, he would make it if he didn't waste it all on boosting. He nodded to himself, time to go.

Signs around him flashed by, and the highway was just a mere blur. Dameon, leaning forward under the protective glass that stretched out almost halfway across the bike, he was in a hurry. Traffic was really bad today, and he had slept late. He hardly noticed when his machine beeped softly once at him after passing the average 300 mile per hour speed limit. That was one feature he hadn't been able to get out of the device. You see, when your traveling 300 miles per hour down the free way, its hard to read signs passing by. So signs now are merely devices that send out signals to the passing vehicles. So if you don’t turn it off, every now and then this annoying screen will pop up informing you of a new waffle house or something. He had altered it's progamming that it will only pick up the specialized symbols for things such as exit ramps, signs that inform you where you are and how long to certain place, mile posts, and gas station signals, ect. Dameon noticed how fast he had been pressing the vehicle only when the cops came around on their own motor bikes. Their blaring sirens sounded off for miles around, so every one would know that another poor person was about to be caught and thrown in prison. He had no intention of going there, he revved the engine a little more and sped off, now going in-between other vehicles going slower than him.

Every once in a while it would grab him how that most other people couldn't come even close to his mastery of even the simplest things. He always seemed to notice small opening, faults, warning, that others never seemed to pick up. His mother said it was just natural talent, but whenever the virus he had, as his mother put it, came across him she had never said a word about it. She just mumbled about damn testing or something like that, but she didn't know that he could feel it, because it was part of him. Like some sort of force, but it was overpowering at times, and it often drove him into rash and violent actions. It seemed to become stronger, when there was a need for him to be cautious, or aware and strong. The force also strengthened with strong desperate, angry, or weak feelings. It amplified those feelings, it strengthened his body, but it nearly drove him mad, and after a large amount of it active and alive in him, he was deathly sick.

The cops behind him quickened their pace, Dameon weaved through the traffic, a sudden beeping caught his attention. "Shit!" He cursed at himself, he had just passed the schools exit! He veered off to the left, barely managing not to get smashed by a dozen cars, and off into the sidelines used for turns. Two cops fell to a heavy truck smashing their pathetic tiny little metal motor bikes, and one apparently, had enough skill to follow him. This guy seemed intent on following him, Dameon sped back onto the exit ramp, a car came in a little after him. The rider wasn’t prepared, and since he was entering the wrong way there sure was going to be a crash. The rider ejected himself and pulled on a cord, his parachute caught the rushing air immediately and flung the rider far up into the air.

He took a sigh of relief, he checked the on-board clock, it looked like he was going to get to school late, again. Dameon saw the neon gates of the school quickly approaching, he turned sharply into them, and sped into the campus. The campus speed limit was 100 mph, so he was quickly pursued by the school police. He did stop for them, they where just jokers, all he really would get was after school attention and a phone call to his parent. Dameon did remind himself that if he was both late and speeding on campus again they would confiscate his vehicle and make him walk home. He could always get another one, but reprogramming those damn pickup devices, it took him months to disable the unanimous non useful codes, and only leave the ones he wanted active. He rode around in a long circle, gently easing on the brakes, and eventually he stopped. The school officers came up and roughly tugged him off the vehicle.

"Dammit idiots, let me walk my bike to the lot first!" The officers rolled their eyes, they had dealt with Dameon before numerous times. They accompanied him as he walked the bike over to the parking lot, pay for a slot, and secure it even further than the school defenses.
He walked silently with them, all they where going to do was take him to the office, repeate the offense, and leave. Then they would scold him 'severely' and send him to class because he 'obviously' wasn't listening to them anyways. They stepped into the shining white marble halls of the school office building. These particular building had four sections, the main office area, the officer quarters, punishment areas, and staff lodging.

"You see, this is an all week school, as all will be in the future. A student stays at the school, and goes home for the weekends, they are allowed to leave the campus from 4 to 9'clock at night, otherwise you where to stay on campus and not to leave{Unless you come stay at your own house and come to the campus daily which a large sum of the students in this paticular school do}. The school areas are strictly monitored by guards, more day than night, but still enough to keep most student out of trouble. The facilities here provide education for K-12th grade, most of the teachers actually got along with the other students, but there are a few exceptions."

Dameon made his way towards the dormitories, he sighed deeply when he saw a familiar figure up ahead. She was leaning Back against the door that led to stairs, which proceeded to rooms 300-350 on the first level, and his room was number 315. She had true burgundy red hair, that was done up in a long pony tail, she used special braces so that her hair curved outward a good deal before slanting downwards. Her frame was smaller in build than himself, and slightly shorter, her features where quite mature for her age. Many adoring fan boys hovered around her constantly, yet she never took heed to them. This was Claire, she had been Dameons one and only true friend since the second grade, that had been when he had moved here and started this school for the first time. Claire's attitude was somewhat different from most, for example, she usually is happy and seems to radiate that happiness from her spreading it from person to person. But her other emotions also where clearly distinct, like when she got really angry, you could almost feel the seething feelings in her, and when she was sad, he himself couldn't but help to feel sympathetic towards her. She seemed a little troubled when he approached, but when she noticed him her face lit up instantly. She quickly covered the distance between them and wrapped her arms around him happily. He sighed and patted her back, he found himself struggling not to think about her beautiful figure tightly pressed to him. She backed off , then frowned slightly.

"Your late again" Her voice held the slight trace pf worry in it. Dameon sighed,

"Don’t make a fuss over it, besides, class is going to start up in twenty minutes so I need to head to my room real quick, okay?"

She nodded and quickly hugged him again and departed down the hall he had just came from. Sighing yet another sigh, he proceeded to enter through the double doors leading to the stairs. These he scaled quickly, and soon he found himself in front of the thick wooden door that lead to his room. He stared blankly at the golden plaque with the silver engrave on it, which read "315" he opened the door with his card key, and went through the mechanical process of entering codes. The door beeped softly, a green light flashed above him, and the door slid into the wall with a faint swishing noise. Dameon dropped his bag next to his bed, and then sank onto the bed, he had gotten barely any sleep last night. He barely managed to strip from his riding clothes and into bed, he felt exaughsted. The dreams, they continued to haunt him, just what did they mean?

Okay, there you go next chapter should be up tommorow or the day after.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Sarunakai on 2003-12-04 15:57 ]</font>

LJ
Oct 1, 2003, 07:50 PM
Like the story. IS Clair just a friend or something more..... http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_confused.gif hmmmmmmm........

Sagasu
Oct 1, 2003, 07:54 PM
You'll just have to find out.

^_^

Sagasu
Oct 2, 2003, 05:04 PM
Chapter 3 up for those who dont mind that I use the name Shinobi.

This'll problably be the final short chapter, they should start to get prettly long in the next one.

Haunted

Sarunakai Vii Tessak

"Unforgotton memories"

"Until my last breath"
"It will continue to taunt me"
"Until my death"
"Will it cease to haunt me"

Dameon awoke when he heard the loud harmonious bells of the school ring out on the campus. He shivered, again he had revisited that place, these dreams, where they memories, and of what? He checked the beside clock, man, he had slept through 1st session, that must be the bell for lunch. He quickly scrabbled into some clothes and tried to wake himself up best he could, and then left his room. On the way down he passed several students visiting their rooms before they went to lunch, they problably thought he had done the same or something. Dameon walked briskly through the halls of the dormitories, he stretched in the chill noon, if they where lucky it would stay around fifty degrees above while the sun was shining, if not it was going to be another long cold winter. The mess hall was in a large building just south of Dormitories 2, he was lodged in dorm 1, so he had taken the south east exit, if he where in dorm 3 would've taken the south west exit instead. Each of the building's on campus each had eight doors in each of the cardinal directions. Instead of having large land consuming mammoth buildings, they had tall white towers, some stretched out to be skyscrapers, with black one way windows, that you couldn't see through from the outside. The campus was one of the major seven in the us, Wyoming was sort of in the mid west, so that was the gathering point which they decided to make the school. This was the Mid West Boarding School, MWBS, home to many children and teenager alike. Once you reached the age of twelve you where granted your own room, before that, you had faculty and staff come around and help to class. Dorm 3, is specialized for the younger, instead of having separate rooms, they sort of have nurseries, and for those a little older, they had rooms that three or four shared. Scattered through out the different dorm buidlings there where private rooms which costed you quite a sum, Dameon and Claire alike both had one of these. Not every one is able to go away for the weekends, being that some have parents that are far away. But since students are away from home for long periods of time, extra annual holidays have been added. Students are allowed free time in the evenings, though free time can be deducted for misbehavior. One thing that he did like about the school that not all of them had, they never stopped the people here from visitiing one anothers dorms regardless of their sex. Most of the other schools did not allow boys and girls into one anothers dorms, but in this school they where. But male and females still had seperate dorms, to ensure 'privacy', mainly just to keep the parents happy and so they wouldn't sue.

He was brought back to the real world when some one called his name, it was Claire, she waved to him by the entrance of the mess hall and motioned for him to hurry up. Dameon quickly ran the distance and met her by the large double doors. She still looked sort of worried,

"Where were you? You didn't show up four first session" Dameon sighed,

"I fell asleep, didn't get much sleep last night" Claire shook her head,

"Dreams again?"Worry now was returning to her voice.

"Yeah, its becoming more frequent that they appear when I sleep, but you know how before I only rmembered being suspended in something, and then opening my eyes, and I was in this wierd blue?"

"Yes, you told me about that one" Dameon nodded to reassure himself, then continued,

"Well today it went farther, like I was remembering more to the puzzle. I saw tubes, filled with something odd, and they where attatched to me I think. And I was in some sort of container, but you know how I get sick suddenly, and vomit that black stuff and they send me immediatly to the hospital room. Well there was that exact same feeling, except the pain was amplified, like I was expiriencing it for the first time, again, it was just" He shivered again slightly for the second time that day, and it wasn't from the cold.

Clair placed a hand on his shoulder,

"Dont worry about it, we'll figure it out"

"Thanks Claire" He couldn't help but be gratefull, she was the only one who listened, and understood at the same time. She smiled and stepped forward to the door, inserted her key card, and then waited. Soon they heard a rapid long succession of clicks, and thee doors opened apart. Dameon glanced idily to one of the side's of the doors, hundereds of little metal clasps potruded just slightly, each one would fasten to the other side, wich had a small indents in it. He wondered why such protection to a simple door was nessesary.

Before them a long hall stretched forth, three large double doors had streams of students moving into the mess hall, they where later than most coming, but the lines could get quite long. Dameon felt a light tap on his sholder, he turned to Claire,

"By the way, happy birthday Dameon" He remembered that it actually was his birthday today, there hadn't been much to remind him. They entered the crowd of bodies together, he felt Clarie's hand grip his, he nodded. Dameon began the daily taske of guiding them both through the mob of people. He seemed to be able to tell where and when people where going to move, or turn, just a little bit before they actually commited the action. His mother always said he noticed the little things, like the way a person held themself, the way they walked, how they would react if another suddenly stepped in fron t of them, and so on. He quickly guided them through the door way and into the huge mess hall. There where seven floors to the place, first floor was the serving area, you where served either on a tray or it was packed to go, wichever you indicated you wanted. The other six floors where places provided to eat, some of them had arcades or pool and billard tables. Being that they had an hour for lunch, many preffered outside inside the crowded closed off rooms of the mess hall. But today was colder than the usual fall day, so many did not venture outside. Resulting in the mess hall anterooms being flooded with warm bodies, making the place actually quite hot, not to mention uncomfortably packed. When they came to the serving line Dameon turned to inquire of Claire,

"Do you mind going ouitside today" She shook her head,

"I dont mind the cold, besides its to crowded here" He nodded and when the serving clerk motioned to them he spoke briefly, " to go" The clerk nodded, he called back for two to go, and then motioned for the next in 'line' / it was more of a herd of humans. Dameon thanked the stars that all expenses of the school where paid at the beggining of the three year period, otherwise, getting in and out of this place would take hours by itself. Even with seven sections where you could get your food, and with one hundred and fifty cooks, the school was hard pressed to get the students served and out of the way, at least the elementary and below students have their own seperate section in the mess hall building, or it would just be pandimonium.

Dameon and Claire made their way out of the mess hall together, and out of the buidling. They walked silently alongside one another untill they reached their usual spot for eatting. The mess hall building is on a more or less evened out hill side, but the base of the building was at least a good twenty feet higher in elevation than those of the others. Their favorite place to go here was a large power unit, a large dark green metal case covered it. They would usualy sit atop of this and look out across the gleaming towers that stretched up into the sky. Also, the power unit was usually quite warm, so it was one of the best places to be on a cold day. They sat at the edge of the power unit in silence for a moment, legs dangling off the side of the warm dark green metal case.

"you wanna eat?" Dameon questioned, she shook her head.

"Not yet" They sat quietly, observing the eleven white towers of the school all around them. There where twelve in all, but the mess hall was in the center of them all, and it counted as one. Dameon turned to Claire when she sighed, her long burgundy ponty wail wavered slightly in the wind, he couldn't but help notice how much she had grown in the years. He blushed slightly as he remembered how close she had been only a little bit ago, he almost felt as if she where to good for a simple boy like him. Yet a nagging thought grabbed at him from the recess of his mind, he wasn't just a simple boy of thirteen. His mid-night black hair was pretty long, and done up in a long, thick braid that traveled halfway down his back, short hair was ok with him but he favored long in the climate of the state he was currently residing in.. Dameon was not the tallest boy, but his physical condition easily outmatched those of the others. Somehow, that very force that drove him insane, seemed to grant him unnatural muscle growth, the enhanced senses. Yet it also drove him on, making each emotion two times what it would've been, making each desire twice as strong. Unlike many others, his muscles never seemed to bulge hugely out, more like thick metal coils instead of huge rocks. Also unlike many others, he had strange dreams that he halfway believed to be his forgotten past, but he had a past, his mother had told him bits and pieces of something that would indicate that he had a normal past, but something about her words stirred the uncomfort within him.

He snapped back into reality when he felt pressure against him, Clair had closed the gap between them and now was leaning against him. Dameon tried not to let his thoughts wander too far, he finally just decided on breaking the silence.

"You seem, umm, much more-"

"Wanting?" He blushed as she asked the unspoken question for him.

"Yeah sort of" His hace reddened deeper when she stretched out further and then wrapped her arms around him, they remained quiet for a minute or two. Them it was Claire's turn to break the silence,

"Well, it just that I've started to sense something odd, about you. I just feel that somehow, your going to leave, like something is slowly coming. But what is really wierd os, that I sense that what is starting to come is from inside you"

"Inside me?"He asked surprisedly, she nodded.

"Its seems like tis changing you, havent you noticed? Your actions have become more and more to the extreme, you seem to seclude yourself from the others, and even me sometimes. You have also been arguing with the teachers alot more often as well." Dameon could feel the deep emotions of worry and sadness etched into her voice, he placed his arm comfortingly around her.
"Whatever it is, I wont let it take over me" The pressure from her arms increased momentarily, and then she pulled back, looking rather embarassed herself. She stood suddenly and turned as if to walk away, he rose up and placed a hand on her shoulder. Claire let out a long breath, she turned back to him, he could see that she was at the verge of tears. He was the one to embrace and comfort her this time. They soon broke apart when his watch sounded off, it was time for second session.

"Come on, I'll walk with you to class" She shook her head,

"No, yours class is on the other side of the circle so go ahead, I'll be fine"

"Sure?" He asked, a little bit of worry showed through his own voice now.

"Yeah, I'll be allright"Claire had maintained her usual cheery voice yet again, he nodded.

"I'll see you at the dorms ok?"

"Right, bye"

Dameon set off at a brisk pace to tower 7, if they both felt it, there must be something, and he intended to find out what.

So, what do you think of it?

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Sarunakai on 2003-12-04 15:59 ]</font>

Sagasu
Oct 8, 2003, 08:47 PM
All right, thanks for wating guys, heres chapter 4!

Chapter 4
Lies

Dameon sat back for a moment, quickly skimming across the screen before him. Second session lasted for two and a half hours, this was mechanics class. Glancing again quickly across the blueprint before him again, he sighed and rubbed his temples. He almost wished he hadn’t missed his creative arts class in first session, but it was his fault that he had missed it. Usually, you are not allowed into mechanics at such a young age, but Dameons quick learning skills made him far surpass the other students at his level. So here he sat, revising the blue prints for a hover car, with a bunch of 16-18 year olds. Many held him in either respect, fear, or hatred. Those respected him, mainly where in awe of his capabilities to absorb everything like a sponge. He never took notes, and always passed the quizzes whenever they appear. Yet he has earned the title of the devils son, many take his unordinary skills in fear, as if he was not human. Dameon had a horrible reputation for getting into fights, but he always won the ones he started, and the ones he didn’t. The fights usually wouldn't last long, in a few moments his unnatural speed, perception, and strength usually ended the fight in a matter of moments, a lot of the times maiming the attacker for a while. Also, many saw his talents through jealous eyes, or he had ridiculed them somehow, so he had amounted a fair deal of enemies. Click, click, click, the steady rhythm of keys being pressed never faltered, his eyes darted around the screen rapidly as he observed the results from his adjustments, he noted to himself as a young man leaned against the computer monitor.

"So Dameon, what are you trying to do? Turn that old hover model into a hotrod?"

He smiled to himself, with a few more rapid strokes he completed the blue print, then turned his attention to the person who had spoken. It was Chad, he was a sixteen year old guy, he was really good at all this.

"No"

Chad waited a few moments, as if expecting more, then he sighed and turned away, shaking his head.

"You might want to try to be more social, life is hard enough by itself, being all alone is even worse."

"But what if..." Dameon trailed off, he had never met anyone really like him, as in, similar gifts such as his. Maybe their where others, but he never had really tried to find them. Chad stared inquisitively, waiting for Dameon to finish his thought, Dameon continued.

"What if, its better off for me to be alone?" Chad stopped in his place, just what did he mean? Taking a moment, he studied Dameon. He always grabbed him as odd, Dameon was young, and lean, twisting cords of muscle rippled underneath his skin. He was about five foot four, not quite small for his age, a fair face, surprisingly tanned for the cold climate the boarding school was in. His short cropped hair was of a black color, yet it seemed more of a dark gray than actual black. Dameons eyes where an unnatural dark blue color, his eyes also where off setting to look at. His figure seemed to gather calm around it, it seemed like he was like a relaxed snake, calm, but ready to strike if necessary. What made this boy so different from the others? Beside the fact that he was blunt, and went around 'half cocked', it may sound silly, but he felt different, almost inhuman. His chain of thought was cut off by a remark from Dameon.

"Keep staring, it might do a trick" Chad just shook his head and issued forth a nervous laugh, then left. Dameon sighed, many, many people had looked at him like that, like they where just trying to figure out what he really was. He snorted at them, how are they supposed to be able to figure it out when he himself hadn't? He quickly printed the blue prints off of his laptop, disconnected it from their printers, and put it in its carrying case. Gathering up the prints, he walked over and deposited in the 2cnd session Monday slot, and left the room. He was always finishing his work early, and earning himself free time. Normally he would have gone straight up to his dorm room, but today he didn't quite feel like it.

The sudden change of temperature was greeted gladly, during the colder seasons, they usually turned the heater on, but with that many bodies in a room, it can get quite hot. Unlike the others, he wore a sleeveless shirt instead of a long sleeved one, he seemed less sensitive to the different temperatures, hot or cold. Was it that, or was it that he just chooses to ignore it subconsciously? Letting out a deep breath, he let his mind wander, trying not to think about the troubles to come.

Shinobi looked up from his steaming cup of coffee, the school principal sat across from his, staring into his own beverage. The principal spoke slowly, choosing his words carefully,

"Tell me again general sir, why is it that you need to see a student of mine?" Shinobi drew in a deep breath, savoring the warmth and the pleasant odor or the coffee, then sighed and let his mind get on track again.

"I need to see him, explain a few things to him about his," Shinobi paused, the principal peered curiously at him over the rim of his mug,

"Condition, it will need some, medical treatment." The principals eyes narrowed, he didn't like this at all, "I am only partially aware of his, condition, as you put it. I am not lawfully allowed to hand him over for the time being, until you show me the proper paper work, and I also need to know the 'exact', health condition of this child. As you know, if something goes wrong, I will be sued, not you." Shinobi waved the remark aside,

"All my paperwork was lost in the accident earlier this morning, as for the symptom of his, I'm afraid that I cant tell you much. All I can reveal to you is that it is man made, and that if you don’t comply with my wishes you may end up being sued anyways."

The principal stroked his hair, then he pressed a switch at the edge of his large black metal desk,

"Yes, Mr. Kagori? will you please send for Dameon Andrew, yes, send him to my office immediately." Shinobi leaned back in the armchair he was sitting in, taking a long drought from the coffee mug, ignoring the principals stares.

Dameon stopped, a loud message was announced over the comm. unit, the loud voice spread across the open space like wildfire catching dry grass.

"Dameon Andrew, report to the principals office at once, I repeat, Dameon Andrew report to the principals office at once"

"Probably about arriving this morning, or what happened on the highway" he winced remembering the two lives lost pursuing him. Dameon set of for the main office building at a brisk pace, meanwhile, the harmonious bells rang out, announcing the end of second session. Soon enough, students filtered onto the school grounds, many gave his questioning looks as he passed them by going in the opposite direction of the dormitories. It only took a few moments of walking in silence by himself, when he felt someone touch his shoulder. Claire walked alongside him now,

"Why are they calling you up to the office?" Dameon shrugged, but did not answer her verbally, sensing that now wasn't the best time for questions, she lapsed into silence. As they approached the main office building she stopped in front of him.

"I'll let you go in alone, but come see me after, please?" He nodded, Claire embraced him briefly, and with only one last apprehensive glance, disappeared behind him. Not looking back, Dameon entered the building, absorbed yet again in deep thought. Thing had been going down hill lately, the highway incident, Claire's premonitial feelings, and now he was being called to the office, was she right? There was only one way for him to figure out what was going on, and that was to keep going. After a brief span of walking, he reached the office doors, he pressed the button on one side and spoke into the speaker above it. "Dameon Andrew, called t-" The doors swung open almost as soon as he pressed the switch, revealing a large room. It was plainly decorated, the hustle and bustle of busy individuals gave it an intense feel to it, increasing the unsure feeling within him. Quickly, he weaved his way through the anteroom, and to the large oak door that was marked with a gold plaque” Principals Office". After knocking, Dameon was soon admitted into the office, there where a few things that struck him at first glance. First of al, the principal was unlike his usual calm self, now he was decomposed, and looked strained and apprehensive. The next grabbing detail, was the military general {he could tell by the badges on his chest and the markings on his hat" For a moment all three remained quiet, tension seemed to build. Then suddenly the General stood and extended his hand,

"Pleasure to meet you Dameon, at least not while going 460 mph down the highway, usually people call me General or sir, but I'm know to Shinobi by my friends."
Dameon returned the gesture coldly,
"General, sir"
Shinobi chuckled slightly as he sat down, Dameon took the seat opposite from him, trying not to let his confusion show. The principal stood briskly, nodded to Shinobi, and took leave of the room. Shinobi's eyes took in every aspect of him, meeting his gaze, Dameons eyes locked onto the Generals. Finally, Shinobi looked away, unable to keep on looking into those strange, fierce eyes of his, getting himself back on task, he decided to give Dameon some food for thought. Taking a deep breath, he began,

"Your memories are lies. “Shinobi let these word sink in for a while, to create an effect, then resumed himself from where he left off.
"They are a mixed matched series of thoughts from other kids, more or less like you, your true past is much, different"
Dameon's words came out even” There is no one like me, I have lived long enough to learn this" Shinobi laughed offset tingly,
"Yes in a way, no one is. But what you really mean is, nobody else had something else like it that joined you" Dameon's interest flared up, struggling to maintain a even tone, he told him to go on.

"Years ago, when you where a newborn, you where , volunteered, for an experiment with the new genetic enhancement fluids. Well not fluids, fluid, these are the-"
"FF, four forces, Naveros, Blazeon fluid, Syntap, and Onex. I've heard of them" It was Shinobi's turn to hide his surprise, never the less, he continued.

"Yes, well, you where the test subject for the pure Naveros sample we found. No don’t speak, let me explain. During the war against the ferrans, that when we found out about the FF. We had shot down one of their ships, and the scientist began to pick through it for anything that we could use against them, for humans where poorly outmatched. Soon the scientists found out about the genetic enhancement fluids that they had been creating, and using on their own soldiers. But-"

"I know where it came from, and what it does. I want to know about the pure stuff, and why was I selected for the experiment?"

Shinobi sighed, explaining this all was going to take some doing.

__

Hoped u liked it

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Sarunakai on 2003-12-04 16:01 ]</font>

Aredhel
Oct 9, 2003, 09:02 AM
Keep writing http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Sagasu
Oct 9, 2003, 03:49 PM
Will do

Sagasu
Oct 25, 2003, 01:01 PM
Sorry for the delay! This is a pretty long chapter, yay! I'm problably going to go back through it and revise several things in it later but here it is for now!

Chapter 5
Help

Sarunakai Vii Tessak

"So, your telling me that the Ferrans discovered an ancient civilization that first created the FF, well, that’s believable for the most part, but you still haven’t told me one single thing the most important of all" Shinobi leaned forward in his chair, "What is that?" Dameon's voice didn't sound like he would tolerate much more of this. "Why the hell you are here in the first place, I know that you didn't just come here to tell me about the FF, spit it out already" Shinobi took a deep breath before he answered,
"To put it as simple as possible, some changes are going to start to happen very soon, you've probably already noticed a few things yourself" Dameon nodded for him to go on. " These changes come big and small, well... for instance, your hair will change a different color, that’s no biggie, but at this age you are going through, natural, changes as well. As a teenager, the scientists have found that the FF within your body will be produced in rather large quantities, I mean large, in fact too much for your body to be able to handle, and if we do not treat this condition when it occurs, yours days would be limited." Dameon took a little time to absorb this, then spoke,
"So, what other effects will this over load have, besides there being to much of it." Shinobi nodded at his well placed question, but also took his own time in answering, choosing his words carefully.
"Well. the normal enhancements you experience everyday because of the fluids will increase potentially, but we have found that you will find a new way of excreting the extra. Because of the simple fact that there wont always be equipment to remove the extra fluids flowing in your blood stream, so there are a few things that you can do in these scenarios. First, the FF can't really be depleted, its almost like the glucose that normally provides energy to you muscle, it will keep on building up and keep on being released into your bloodstream so it can reach all of your muscles in a matter of moments. So exaughsting yourself isn't the answer, neither is keeping calm, it will build up, but since their is no need for it, it will continue to build up until your veins literally bust from pressure. But, with their older patient, they have discovered that he will usually get rid of the extra from a rapid series of vomiting, but it is all controlled by the host of the FF, being that it wont come out that way naturally. Also, after loosing the build up of the FF, Naveros in you case, you will be left quite weak. At this point it is best to stay calm and rest, for further action would make the body sense really how weak you condition was, and the Naveros would start to rapidly increase again-" Dameon interrupted him,
"Just how doe the FF reproduce itself so rapidly in the body?” Shinobi sighed, he wasn't the expert on this stuff, he knew he should've persuaded Dave to come along on this little trip of theirs.
"It is like a parasite, if not controlled, the Naveros within you will start to absorb the energy and nutrients out of the other living cells around you. To keep itself in constant supply, it flows through your blood stream, thus being able to reach any part of your body. But now, we have the case where the Naveros is trying to reproduce by replacing itself by using other cells as a foundation. So naturally, it starts at first to feed off your blood, and in a little while, there will be naught but Naveros flowing through your veins. It actually takes the nutrients that the blood was carrying, and the body will continue to use the Naveros as a replacement for it. But unlike blood, the Naveros doesn’t go back to take in nutrients from what you eat, once it replaces the blood, it will start to eat away at everything within you." Dameon's look remained impassive, even though he was quite startled at how much damage this could cause him. One thing, one thought lingered, something that he just had to know.
"How do you know all this?” Shinobi sighed and ran a hand through his black hair, twirling a lock that had a few traces of silver in it, betraying the sign of age.
"I'm not going to lie to you, but I will ask you not to jump to conclusions. Well, its simple really, once you think about it for a while. We started to see signs, slight evidence, of all we know today in the troops that had been enhanced in a rush job for the war. But then the scientists moved on to younger patients, you, where one of the earlier ones, taken at a very young age as well. You where released into a civilian home, but some others where not. The older ones, some who where exposed around the age of five and six, all died of the case I have just explained to you. But you Dameon, you have it much worse, for you have the concentrated Naveros in you. It acts sooner, and with much more potential danger than that of what we where able to create from the samples from the wreck of the Ferran ship which first opened the door to this new branch of evolution we now know. Not only they modify the actual substance, they worked out the flaws, smoothed out the system, until it became the almost perfect sample." Dameons brow creased, something still bothered him,
"Sample?" Shinobi's lightened expression seemed to darken a little bit as he spoke.
"Yes, they created the sample, and you are the test subject. Unfortunately, they just want to see what it does to you, good or bad. Once they record the data received from you, they hope to perfect it even more, or create something better, without the previous flaws." Dameon stood, and turned as to leave, Shinobi remained seated,
"Go ahead, keep running. Yes, you are just a lab rat, to test their sick experiments on. But face it Dameon, running away, going through that door wont change what has happened, it wont lift the curse." Dameon didn't try in the least the check the anger that pulsed through his voice.
" I'm not going to let you study what it has done to me, its painfully obvious enough living with it every day. There’s nothing for me to gain from going along with this." Shinobi leaned forward in his chair, a halfway amused expression playing across his features.
"Really? Have you considered, they might just take another child, make him or her suffer as you have, do you want that to happen? What about the solution, they could find a way to take it out, you could be free of the living nightmare." Dameon laughed and shook his head as if he had just said the most idiotic thin gin the world.
"The guilt trick wont work on me, neither will trying to give me false hope. Even if they could find a way to diffuse it from me, do you actually think I believe they would? Of course not! They would have no intention of loosing such a test subject, and they wont want to have to start from scratch all over again. Sorry, I've wasted enough time here, just forget it, and get out of my life."

Shinobi stopped him just for a moment, in order to give him their card, just in case he changed his mind then he would be able to contact them. Then he took his leave of the main office building, back out into the refreshing cool day. Dameon didn't want to face Claire, almost as if he was scared that she might like him less because of the truth. Instead of heading to her room as he had promised, he sat at the base of the power unit, alone. He almost seemed to be able to feel the ever existent presence within, Shinobi's words still rang out through his head. A cure, could they, actually remove it from him? Could he finally be able to get rid of this parasite that has tortured him so much? Though the thoughts where bursting inside, not a word escaped, no sound, no nothing. Dameon leaned back against the dust green metal, and let the vibrating heat flow from it into him. Time slipped by as he found himself wrapped up in the silence, the deep stillness of his last standing sanctuary.
Soon twilight had fell, and the gentle blanket of night had spread itself across the sky. The stars shone brightly in the night, and the waxing crescent moon gave off its pale light. Dameon awoke to this world, trying to remain absent minded, he stared off into space.
"I was wondering when you where going to wake up." The voice came from above him, not bothering to look to the source, he replied in his usual strong voice.
"And I was wondering how long it would take you to find me" Claire jumped down from the top of the power unit and placed herself beside him in one rapid movement.
"You where tired so I decided not to wake you, and besides, you look so cute when your sleeping" Dameon blushed and turned his head, and remained silent. Claire wrapped her arms around his back and pulled at him slightly,
"I don’t know why your still so embarrassed, feelings are feelings, and you cant really choose what to feel" He sighed and leaned back into her gentle embrace, and closed his eyes for a moment, he knew what the next question would be.
"So just what was that all about, it had to be something extremely serious." Dameon shook his head,” Why’s that?" He was beginning to wonder about how much she thought about this.
"You usually can talk to me about anything, big or small, or at least in the past you have in the past" Dameon felt himself sink as her voice traced around on the edge of worry and sadness. He stood up slowly, trying to stall for time. Claire stood as well, but didn't press the matter.
" I'm not going to force you to tell me, but at least know that I'm here if you do want to talk" Dameon turned, but she was already walking away. He felt as if he had seriously let her down, but how could he tell her when he hadn't really figured it all out himself? Dameon slowly made his way towards the dormitories, he was going to tell the truth.

He didn't sleep for the rest of the night, and through the morning he sat on the edge of his bed not thinking anything consciously. During first session, he had little patience, and found himself to be angering at small actions that he would've ignored otherwise. Finally he just quit, Dameon excused himself from class, he just couldn't stand to be around them and feel so different, so alone. After traveling for a short time, he had reached Claire's room. Dameon knew she wasn’t going to be there, but he felt as if this place was almost comforting. Entering using the key card she had given him, he sat in an adjacent chair to wait for her. Lunch break was an hour away, so he would have time to contemplate his thoughts. Why was he acting so irrationally? Was it really getting to him that bad? As the pain surged forth from his chest, and his breath came out in a shivering manner, he found there could only be one reason. It was acting up, even though there hadn't been a sufficient cause, it was still stirring, and coming forth. His vision swam, and his grip on reality loosened, no, he couldn't let this happen, he couldn't let them be right, he couldn't disappoint her. Dameon didn't stop to think about what he was going to do, he swiftly rammed himself with both hands into the gut. Sinking down onto his hands and knees, Dameon forced himself to vomit. A cascade of a thick black liquid and stomach acid was issued forth. A second volley left him feeling considerably weak, he had lost a lot of blood with the previous one. Dameon sat back, heat resting on the edge of the seat, and soothed the churning within him. He didn't feel the presence strengthen as it just had, but recede and stop. But he still felt faint, loosing your blood like this wasn't good, but he probably would recover. He smiled as consciousness started to sleep, he would need a considerable amount of food when he woke up, to help along with blood regeneration. Slowly but surely, Dameons senses dulled, and the silent darkness pressed him into a state of suspension.

When he awoke again, he felt warm, a little to warm. Soon Dameon discovered that he had been tucked into a bed, and that he still was in Claire's room. She sat at the foot of the bed, looking quite relieved that he was awake.
"Sorry about your carpet, couldn't quite make it to the bathroom" She managed a weak smile, but that was all.
"Just what is going on?" Dameon sighed, he still felt dizzy and weak,
"Clair, that mess on the ground, well half of it was my blood, so I don’t think I would last through an explanation" She nodded, and this time her smile wasn't forced. Claire nodded, "Glad to see you still you have your sense of humor about you, I'll go get some food, and don’t wander off anywhere ok?" Dameon chuckled "Like I would make it two feet from this bed before I became a heap on the ground." Claire shook her head and left to get the food, Dameon sighed, he at least could try to lighten up the situation. He had just nearly died, but how come it was so sudden? Shinobi had said going through this stage of his life, would also increase the amount of the Naveros flowing through him, but something still wasn't right. It had started earlier, but he had ignored it, not knowing what it could do or what it really was. But when he found out, he sort of refused to accept it, and the feeling of Claire's sadness probably set it off even more. So it had built up over the past few days, until the point where anything small or large could set the Naveros loose. In a short time, Claire returned with several containers tucked under her arm. She sat quietly and patiently as he ate, not asking anything, just waiting. After he finished and she had put everything aside she sat down next to him and he sat up against the headboard of the bed. They sat together for a time, each one unsure of the other. Finally Dameon broke the silence,
"You know the experimental genetic enhancement fluids, you know, the FF" Claire nodded her head, Dameon sighed in relief, this made his job easier. He explained about Shinobi's visit, what he had told him, and what had been happening over the past few days that led up to what happened that day. Claire took it all in with amazing calmness, but she had a question for him.
"Why didn't you tell me after you knew?" Dameon looked down into his hands, as if searching for an answer.
"I was afraid" Claire looked at him curiously, "What where you afraid of?" He ran his hand through his hair, and sank down lower into a more comfortable position for the wooden bed post was starting to hurt his back.
"I was afraid that this would change, change what you felt about me" Claire shook her head at the idea,
"Dameon, I'm going to be here for you, till the end, no matter what is inside you, that doesn’t change us. But it does make think that you don’t trust me enough-" Dameon stopped her by drawing her to him, "Claire, I'd trust you with my life, and I trust that you understand me when I say that I have do not intend to let us be broken" She was the one to sigh, and relax into his arms. Dameon couldn't but help to think of how much she had done for him, all those moments where the world had shattered and she had come and put it together again. Through their years together they had developed more than just the strong bond that held them together. He knew about his own emotions, and could see hers in plain sight, but still he would hesitate. Many would consider their true feeling for one another at this age inappropriate. This seemed to hold him back, but only so far. He frowned slightly, she had said something about this feeling, that he was fading away, and changing. It had just been until recently that she had been so much more wanting to hold him, to be close. Dameon smiled, he wasn't about to complain, he glanced across her figure, and then to her face. Tears glistened in her eyes and moisture fell to his shirt, he drew her up till they where they where face to face. Claire nuzzled him and laid her head next to his, Dameon stroked her back,
"I wont let this break our world" Her voice came in a whisper as she spoke, " I need help" He let out a deep breath,
she tightened her grip around him. "Help"

_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_

Hope you all enjoyed and understood ^_^

Sagasu
Nov 17, 2003, 04:43 PM
Next chapter should be up this friday or saturday, see you then ^_^

Sagasu
Dec 4, 2003, 07:04 PM
This one is not as long as #5 but it should suffice/ yet again Im horribly late.

Chapter 6
Runaways

Sarunkai Vii Tessak

The morning sun's first rays of sun tainted the room vanquishing the last traces of the dark. The nighttime shadows sunk back into hiding, waiting for their chance to leap out and cover the earth in a soft blanket of silence once again. The light glinted off of the odd ends of the room, sending small reflections off to meet with other crevices undiscovered. But even the sun in all of its brilliance failed to awaken one individual, its warm aura seemed to have no effect whatsoever upon the shivering form that lay in a curled ball. Claire let the covers of the bed rest gently on Dameon's shoulders, she still had questions for him, but they would have to wait. With one last glance into a side table mirror, she hesitantly left Dameons side next to the bed and left the room. She closed the door softly behind her, but to her the small metallic click of the doors closing echoed through the hallway. Claire caught herself trying to walk silently by carefully choosing her steps, she was being paranoid. "Not like he can hear me from this far away..." Unfortunately, she couldn't leave her worries behind in the room as she did the sinking feeling that seemed persistent to prove to her of an unfortunate end.
A soft tap on her shoulder brought her back to, and the homely face of her friend Beth seemed to clear the foggy haze that had been enshrouding her thoughts.
"Its good to see you, I thought you might have stayed with him this morning but, I guess he will probably want some time to himself." Claire hid the flush that had claimed her face by turning, but the slight stammering in her reply assured Beth's suspicions. "How do you?" Beth chuckled lightly and grabbed her arm, beckoning for her to get going.
"Every one knows about the visit that general gave him" Claire rid herself of the last of her hesitation with a laugh, "Yeah, but I bet no one knew where he disappeared to. Except you maybe " As if it wasn’t obvious, you look like you where trying to avoid waking a baby lamb or something the way you left your room." She paused to enjoy the effect her attempt to cheer her friend up where having, but curiosity was welling inside her and the next question was unavoidable. "So, did he tell you what happened?" A sudden chill swiftly overcame Claire's features, and an increase in her walking pace made the signs all the more obvious.
"He told me nothing"

Dameon turned over, twisting in the white sheets that seemed to weigh him down like a net. Sweat beaded on his brow and vivid images ran rampid through his thoughts. Slowly the feeling was washed away, the chill vanished, and the suns warmth filtered in bringing him into consciousness. As he sat up, the last remnants of his dreams faded to reality and the room around him. It was getting worse, he seemed to be living the dreams now instead of being an ever present watcher. But something about the dream had changed besides the feel of it, instead of being in what he considered his unknown past, it was almost as if it had taken place in the future. Dameon dared not to go into what he thought of as improbabilities, yet the haunting grip lingered a moment longer making sure that he wouldn’t forget his fascinations. He stood considering his surroundings, he was still in Claire's room all right. Dameon had slept in his clothes so he was feeling quite a bit stiff, he reached down to the floor and then up to the ceiling to stretch a little bit, it eased his muscles a fraction but failed to do more. Sighing to himself Dameon readied himself for the brief trip to his own room, and when he left through the door of Claire's room the last of his usual morning grogginess passed away leaving his head clear. A dull rumble reminded him that it was past breakfast time, getting on to noon.
"Who needs a watch?" He smiled to himself as he made his way down the hall, nobody was wandering around the dorm so Dameon assumed it was just at least a half hour away from noon. It took him only a few moments to reach his room, the first thing he noticed was the package sitting by his doorstep, this he picked up with one hand while with the other entered the combination to the lock that sealed his door, and after waiting three and a half seconds slid his key card through the electronic readout device. Several Whirs and a series of clicks plus a soft beep and a green light confirmed that the door was now open. Dameon tossed the package on his bed for later, his mind was bent on relieving himself of his needs. After using the latrine he turned on the water for his shower, and as the water's temperature was rising Dameon gathered up a fresh set of clothes and laid them on the counter that ran along the bathroom's wall opposite to the shower. Dameon tested the water with his hand, hot, really hot, just what he needed. Then he slipped into the cascade of water, a deep sigh escaped him as the searing streams beat down upon his masculine form.
As the water relaxed his muscle fibers and cleansed his skin, he mind raced over the past few days events. Making no conclusions whatsoever he exited the shower after a time feeling relieved. Dameon quickly dried himself off and dressed in the attire he had set out for himself, then he turned to the mirror to fix his hair. "What the hell?" the muttered words where only audible to himself, "Well this is new." Dameon ran a hand through his hair and viewed the bark blue streaks that where spiraling out of the roots of his pure black hair. These streaks had only managed to cover about an inch from their originating points, but he had the feeling that they would grow larger. Dameon shook his head, he didn’t have quite the time to stand there and stare at his hair all day. After making sure his hair was almost completely dry, he quickly braided it in the back, a process that only took about a minute or so for his agile fingers.

Dameon flopped down on his bed and retrieved his cell phone from the side table, flipping over the cover revealed a little strip of paper that had written on it the number to call if he wished to speak to Shinobi, if. Shaking his head at the thought he stood up again, Dameon quickly claimed his pack and slipped the cell phone inside, then checked to make sure that he had every thing he would need for 2cnd session. After finishing all his preparations he took leave of his room and headed down the hall leading to the exit facing the mess building. Just around that time the power shut off, leaving Dameon in the dark. This didn’t hinder him to greatly after his eyes adjusted, over the years he had found that his night perception was better than most. But what had happened? Advancing footsteps down the hall caused him to jump back into the previous corridor. Dameon laid low, something about this didn’t seem right. Someone or something rushed past him, in an obvious hurry, but soon after a group of five trooped down the hall. The unmistakable sound of someone racking the bolt of a gun met his ears bringing a hundred thoughts along with it.

The wind was picking up, its biting cold caress harassed the two figures as they burst out of the metal doors leading to the top of Dorm #1, one with short cropped crimson red hair with streaks of black fading in and out slammed the door behind them and barred it with the rifle he had been carrying. The other let a slow breath escape herself, it came out in a large puff of white which spiraled and then passed into nothing. The male raced around the perimeter of the building top looking for a means of escape while the female sat on the edge of the rimmed rooftop. Only a short time passed before the door was knocked down and S.W.A.T. troops quickly filled half the rooftop. The female stood up and joined the red haired male's side, twisting a staff in her wake with the grace of an expert. The S.W.A.T troops raised their rifles and a few knelt down to allow the others passage for a target. A tall man strode forward into the clearing, an off setting smile set on his face.
"Is all this resistance all that necessary?" Shinobi let his smile fade as he made a motion for four troops to move forward. The male youth raised a sword, the troops looked uncertainly at the mid-evil terms of defense that the perpetrators where wielding, and stepped forward cautiously. Their attention shifted by the sudden noise behind them.
"Hey your not supposed t-"
"What do you think your, aghh" Audible thumps of something soft hitting the stone floor seemed to echo in the silence, and a path was hesitantly cleared for the arrival of the third youth, a carefree expression added to the uneasiness of the crowd. Shinobi laughed and walked forward with a hand extended,
"Dameon! I was wondering when you would show up?" Dameon accepted Shinobi's gesture with a smile. "Shiniboi! Still up to your dirty tricks eh? So what did these guys do, refused your offer or something?" Shinobi snorted at his retort, turning his back to Dameon he thrust an accusing finger at the pair that where looking rather speechless at the moment. "You mean these two? Hah! They are nothing more than escapees, the girl helped that little devil escape from prison so she is his accomplice." Dameon strode forward to inspect them for himself, they eyed him like he was a mad man or something. The male was growing angry,
"Where not art, so what the hell do you think your doing?" Dameon stepped back as the sword whistled by where his head was previously, "Yep your definatly got some of the FF in you." The two stood motionlessly, as if daring one another to make a move.
"Will you two stop it! Besides Evan, we have enough problems." Evan turned to the female "But Cathryn are you just going to let them do this to us?" Cathryn rolled her eyes and turned to Dameon. "I’m sorry about my brother, he can be an idiot at times." Dameon shrugged, "So, how did you guys get yourselves into a mess with this guy" Dameon motioned back to Shinobi with a spare hand. "We haven’t done anything!" The outburst from Evan startled the troops, and Shinobi started yelling about dirty lies and little miscreants. Dameon ignored the general and continued,
"You guys are the first people I've met who's had the S.W.A.T team after them for doing nothing." Evan started to speak but Cathryn cut him off. "My brother didn't break out of jail, me and him both broke out of a compound where we where being used as test subjects.' Dameon raised a hand for her to stop, "Well that explains everything." Cathryn's face lightened up with the hint of a faint smile, Dameon then turned to Shinobi who when was looked upon drew himself up to his full height and tried to regain some control over the situation.
"Do you actually believe them Dameon-"
"Yes I do general, and I don’t think you realize just how much trouble you're in" Shinobi laughed and gestured to the readied troops behind him, "Trouble? Just what do you think you can really hope to accomplish by yourself, those two wont help you, they just run away from everything." With this Dameon raised his hands above his head. "I suggest you don’t resist this time, the general, how I hate to admit it, has a point" Shinobi brushed him aside, "We don’t have you under contract, I cant take you back so get out of my way." A sharp pain erupted in his back and he was thrown to the ground, Dameon smirked as he laid low another two troops. He was stopped from wrecking any more chaos when two S.W.A.T troops knocked him down and held him down while Shinobi stood. " You would make the perfect soldier Dameon if you could only let people have authority over you"
"Like I'd wanna be anyways" Dameon spat the words out at the general through clenched teeth, Evan and Cathryn stepped into the conversation. "Just shut up both of you!" Cathryn nodded to her brother who then took his turn, "We will go back peacefully, but only if you don’t get Dameon involved" Shinobi grinned, this was going to work out his way after all.
"That wont be necessary" A fairly old man strode into the chaotic mess with a rather solemn look about him. "Its about time that we release these two from contract any way" Shinobi stood silently for a while, but then he scraped up the nerve to speak. "What the hell do you mean Freeman?" Mr. Freeman continued his stride, leaning lightly on a silver cane,
"I mean I have a proposition for these youngsters."
-----------------------------

No promises for when the next chapter will come, but I hope it'll be less time than this one.

mr_rubbish
Dec 7, 2003, 05:35 PM
Rooftop scene is a little confusing. Perhaps a bit of rewording to clarify....

Sagasu
Dec 8, 2003, 05:37 PM
true that, that scene paticularily bugged me but I just couldn't place a finger on why. My dads given me a bit of info and some tips so I'll be {hopefully} editing the chapter in a little while.

Sagasu
Dec 28, 2003, 10:19 AM
Nobody loves me n e more =[

http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif

mr_rubbish
Feb 3, 2004, 09:24 AM
I've been gone TWO months... wheres chapter seven?!?!?!?