PDA

View Full Version : Is it hard being a mod?

Cerris
Sep 25, 2003, 08:51 PM
What do you do online?
Do you just read all topics?
Are you bogged down with 100s of PMs?

Is it rewarding?

How did you become a mod?
Do you have to know evrything about pso ep1,2,3?

Am I annoying you with all these questions?

Could you include a printscreen file of your options in your post? How do you ban sum1?

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Cerris on 2003-09-25 19:30 ]</font>

pixelate
Sep 25, 2003, 11:30 PM
You get like 7 new buttons/links, nothing too fabulous.

geewj
Sep 25, 2003, 11:54 PM
Well, it involves more reading of freshkills than I would normaly do -_-

PARANOiA
Sep 26, 2003, 03:59 AM
They arent too special. Just get the option to delete posts and threads.

prismsub5
Sep 26, 2003, 05:56 AM
deleting threads?...i thought they were moved to arkham

Stricker
Sep 26, 2003, 10:54 AM
On 2003-09-26 03:56, prismsub5 wrote:
deleting threads?...i thought they were moved to arkham

If its offensive or a cheat or any ilegal thread they are deleted.

Zaneatron
Sep 26, 2003, 01:56 PM
i dont think its possible to make illegal threads. they can break the rules, but not really be illeagal. unless you were talking about posting secret FBI/CIA/MI5/6 stuff which would be bad

Firocket1690
Sep 26, 2003, 03:25 PM
yeah ... I was kinda curious ...

whatever happened to that Trickstr's thread about leaving PSOW ...?

I posted the link to prove it was him (another forum, where he admitted to doing so)

and then like, half an hour later, it was gone!

Deleted or in Arkham ... I dunno

Firocket1690
Sep 26, 2003, 03:30 PM
P.S.
No, they do not get paid, it's all volunterily

Yes, it's special...
Looked up to by a lot
(hence, all the "I wanna be a mod" threads)

ooh, and abdur/frink/pix'a favorite part:
feared by everyone in Fresh Kills

DarkShinjaru
Sep 26, 2003, 03:47 PM
ooh, and abdur/frink/pix'a favorite part:
feared by everyone in Fresh Kills

Almost everyone, lad.

Firocket1690
Sep 26, 2003, 04:49 PM

you're not an "official" Fresh Kills Poster
so nyah xP

Mystil
Sep 27, 2003, 02:54 AM
Yes it is. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif But I'm not a mod here, but I can tell you it is from my experience as a Admin/Super Mod/Regular moderator, at other forums I achieved these at in the past(meaning it was for me). You have to deal with people constantly going against your wishes like on a daily basis(breaking the rules). And then there's so many "rifts" between "good" members that break out, and cause a chain reaction.

All the locking and deleting, and 'putting people in place'. Sure it seems easy on the outside if you simply "lock it", but then someone from that locked thread goes haywire, meaning you have to do MORE of you job, that you just got through doing. Moderators get no stress break. They always have thier authority questioned by a member that is in the WRONG. And some members will form "anit-mod cliques" so to speak, just to give them a hard time out of obvious jealousy that THEY were'nt picked as mods, and someone else they feel was less deserving was.

Needless to say my attitude with that, was I really don't care what those who were "corrected" think. What matters is, if the Admin and other mods agree with my actions. Some moderators question thier judgement when a "modded" member talks shit about them. This makes the mod's capabilities go way off. So it's best to only be concerned with the opinion of the other staff members, no complaints means you're doing a good job.

I don't know if it's harder for the ones here though, except maybe for say...Rants and cheaters, and the overall size of this forum.

-BK-
Sep 27, 2003, 03:57 PM
My experience in modding was nothing like whats-his-name above me, but it wasn't fun none-the-less. I'm still an active member at the site that I modded at, I just resigned because of how often I am away from the computer. I don't always want to be on the computer (or around it, for that matter) and don't like the idea of having a now unwanted responcability. The forum I modded for had a few outbreaks from "rival" forums and some a-hole posters, but for the most part is fairly quiet and friendly.

zimmk2vgc
Sep 27, 2003, 04:18 PM
On 2003-09-25 21:30, pixelate wrote:
You get like 7 new buttons/links, nothing too fabulous.

I WANT THESE BUTTONS