PDA

View Full Version : BBA Help...

Gilder
Mar 31, 2001, 12:15 AM
Whee. I'm having problems getting my BBA to work with @Home. I went through all of the Tech Support pages, and found no useful help. I have all of my info entered correctly (I double checked), but when I try to connect to a website with the BBP, I can't. In PSO, I get stuck right before the ship select when the symbols are spinning, and it just sits there spinning... and spinning... and spinning... Has anyone had a similar problem? And if so, did you fix it?

Anonymous
Mar 31, 2001, 06:53 AM
I have the exact same problem as you, i get stuck there for like 3-4 minutes before it finally says it wont connect. Ive tried tweaking the settings a bunch, but still no luck. I'll keep trying, but help from anyone out there would be greatly appreciated.

serial_toon
Apr 3, 2001, 11:14 PM
</h3>I have the same problems guys....i have Pacbell DSL and i get in but the bottom thingys keep on spinnig and spinning.....hmmm.....i want some help on this hope fully someone helps us out.......</h3>

MSZ-016
Apr 4, 2001, 03:15 PM
hmmm... im also using pacbell dsl and i got it working in less than 5 minutes. ive tried both DHCP and static IP settings (since i have static IP) and both works great!!!

it sounds like dns problem or mask. you guys using DHCP or static IP? for DHCP, leave all the settings to default except the subnet mask. change the mask to the one they gave you (ie. 255.255.255.0 or something similar). for static IP, just enter all the information including the mask and the dns settings. using the static ip is easiest but most cable or dsl do not give static ip unless you ask for one (and pay more $$$).

hope this helps.

msz-016

Gilder
Apr 4, 2001, 04:59 PM
Actually, it was neither of what you said MZ. It's an ISP problem with @Home. They require you to give a "name" to whatever you wanna network the modem too. I have a program that can do this now, but I haven't been to my dad's house to set it up...

For those who are wondering what the problem is called, it's "Sygate," which can be found at sygate.com.