PDA

View Full Version : GC: eternaly open?

Spider
Sep 26, 2003, 09:45 PM
Dunno what happened, but I pressed the open button on my gamecube, and the button decided to stick down, it still works fine just you gotta flop something ontop to stop it opening, anyone know how to fix this? and its not a dust thing cause I keep it covered up when I'm not using it (Having my Dreamcast get screwed up by dust kinda made me realise. Pretty pissed off on the GC durability, I mean, Nintendo always make heaps durable consoles (My 64 is sitting right next to it now! and its fine! plus I still have my NES and SNES) but this is a bit silly.

CGoodness
Sep 26, 2003, 10:14 PM
did u happen to be pushing the button down with a sledge hammer by any chance?

Spider
Sep 26, 2003, 11:00 PM
I am not quite sure, but I do believe the console would be in a few more peices if I attempted that.
I had a few drinks last night so I may have pressed down hard, but dont think that would ruin the button.

UltimateEnigma
Sep 26, 2003, 11:20 PM
My gamecube did that. Um...I put some WD 40 on the type of a screwdriver and slid it under the button and rapidly pressed it i think. it was a long time ago. or maybe it was a Q tip...just loosten it up somehow.

Spider
Sep 26, 2003, 11:52 PM
Whered you slide the screwdriver? Doesn't appear to be much of a place to stick one :S

CGoodness
Sep 27, 2003, 09:10 AM
I don't open mine much so I don't know.. I usually just keep PSO in there cuz its the only game i play.

Spider
Sep 27, 2003, 08:57 PM
I just realised someone said rapidly push it, thats bit hard considering the button is stuck in http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif!
PSO is the best, but Sonic, Soccerslam and Godzilla are bloody good games to play with a few mates, ahhh soon I'll have Soulcalibour 2 aswell http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

Ketchup345
Sep 27, 2003, 09:00 PM
I have the same problem with the reset button on my N64. It is stuck down, but doesn't reset the game. I don't know how to fix it, bring it somewhere to get repaired?

ginko990
Sep 27, 2003, 09:03 PM
Plunger it out.

flueggy
Sep 27, 2003, 09:05 PM
i have that problem and i solved it, but when it got stuck the first time did you happen to try to slam the gamecube's open door thingy that goes up and down, well if you didn't then you have to press down on the, left to upper left hand area, you got it?