PDA

View Full Version : Is IQ a factor in mag evolutions?

CK20XX
Sep 27, 2003, 11:56 AM
I ask this only because I've been raising a mag for my HUnewearl in Redria, and something very strange happened recently.

She had an Ushasu mag, and I was feeding it Antidotes to raise its Dex. I was following a max stat plan I devised that called for a mag with the stats 5/65/66/64. I raised the mag's Mind up to its appropriate level first, then I proceeded with the Antidotes. Those are great for raising Dex, but they lower IQ as well, so by the time the Mag's Dex was almost 66, its IQ was 0. My mag was pratically dribbling as it followed me along, I tell you.

I raised it to level 160, and it evolved again as I was hoping, but not into what I was expecting...

Level 160 Varaha
Synchro: 120%
IQ: 0
Def: 5
Pow: 27
Dex: 64
Mind: 64

It evolved into a VARAHA. Why a Varaha? I've raised plenty of mags before, and according to all the guides, a Huntress in Redria only gets a Varaha if its stat balance is POW > DEX > MIND. It should have evolved into a Nandin instead (DEX > MIND > POW) or stayed as an Ushasu (MIND > DEX > POW). Does anyone know why this happened? Currently my only theory is that my mag was so stupid that it didn't know how to evolve into a Nandin, so it changed into a Varaha instead. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_confused.gif

I continued with its upbringing, making a special point to restore some of its brains. This was the result 5 levels later:

Level 165 Nandin
Synchro: 107%
IQ: 24
Def: 5
Pow: 30
Dex: 66
Mind: 64

All's well that ends well, I suppose. But that was weird, and I'm still interested in knowing why that happened in the first place. Has anyone else ever had experiences where their mag didn't evolve like it was supposed to?

Razor_Burn
Sep 27, 2003, 12:12 PM
I remember in the past with my first mag, it was a Varaha. Then it changed itself into an Ila, back to Varaha, & then it finally decided on a Kabanda when the mag evolution guide said it should be a Bhirava. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_confused.gif I guess it's really glitchy or still we have much to learn about mag evolution.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Razor_Burn on 2003-09-27 10:16 ]</font>

ginko990
Sep 27, 2003, 12:58 PM
IQ is just for if your mag does what its supposed to when you get 1/10th hp, full pb, boss fight etc.

Ketchup345
Sep 27, 2003, 02:24 PM
I remeber something like this was happening a while ago. The only thing anyone thought of for that was that when two stats are equal, it chooses either a random one that it could be, or it takes the place of one of the ones with the other stat. Meaning if a mag has Dex=Mind>Pow, then it wouldend up as one of the evolutions that has power highest.

Berzerker
Sep 27, 2003, 03:27 PM
Yeah, that is weird....well, something like that happens to me! My Pushan (lv200) has an IQ of 200 and SYN of 120. Other peoples MAGS revive all their HP when it gets lowered down to 1 10th of your max, well my MAG barely revives my HP into green again! It revives about 50 - 100 HP. My mate thought it might have something to do with it's mind, but it's mind be 64 I think, so I dont know what happening, I think it just a glitch, anyone else with Pushan have the same problem?

Reece
Sep 27, 2003, 04:03 PM
Naw it's not a factor

Nambrosia
Sep 27, 2003, 04:15 PM
Odd thing happened to me while Mag farming..

My FOmar was feeding a Varuna, expecting a Sumba at Lv35 (POW was and is still the highest stat)

But I didn't get Sumba.
I got Rudra.

Correct me if I'm wrong but isn't Rudra a Mag only Hunters will get? At Lv35?

Then how did my FO get one O_o

(P.S. it then evolved into a FO mag at Lv50 so I'm still confused)

Ketchup345
Sep 27, 2003, 04:57 PM
On 2003-09-27 14:15, Nambrosia wrote:
Odd thing happened to me while Mag farming..
My FOmar was feeding a Varuna, expecting a Sumba at Lv35 (POW was and is still the highest stat)
But I didn't get Sumba.
I got Rudra.
Correct me if I'm wrong but isn't Rudra a Mag only Hunters will get? At Lv35?
Then how did my FO get one O_o
(P.S. it then evolved into a FO mag at Lv50 so I'm still confused)

At level 35, it evolves into whatever evolved it at level 10. So if at level 10, you gave it to a RAnger, then gave it back to your FOrce to evolve, it will become the RAnger level 35 of the highest stat.