PDA

View Full Version : Is there a way to increase your chcances of getting a rare w

Jhamar
Sep 27, 2003, 11:56 AM
subject

Math
Sep 27, 2003, 12:01 PM
Well i guess you could class the telepipe trick as a way to "increase" your chances of finding a rare,other then that i dont think there is.Some people think the beat time(Time at the bottom of the screen) is some how related to it but i donno.you should check it out in the guide section.

ginko990
Sep 27, 2003, 12:57 PM
RAISE YOUR LCK

zimmk2vgc
Sep 27, 2003, 12:59 PM
LCK is critical hits...it has NOTHING to do with finding rares.

GuerillaPimp
Sep 27, 2003, 01:16 PM
umm...become best friends with a dupe/hacker!

j/k

Berzerker
Sep 27, 2003, 01:40 PM
I dunno, but some people seem to be able to get tonnes of them, while others dont. Such as, my mate. I get a decent rare...well, very rarely while he finds one everytime he goes on. I find rare creatures very rarely, while he managed to find 4 Pal rappies in one run! They all gave meseta though http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Ketchup345
Sep 27, 2003, 02:07 PM
The luck stat doesn't do anything for you, but your luck does. If the game wants to be nice to you, it will drop the item, but, it can also be mean to you (like today: last night I piped a Love Rappy in Hard Temple {never saw one before} and got the Supressed Gun, took a while. Today, trying to do a quick run I never finished with my brother, we found 3 Love Rappies {none were piped, all in Temple Alpha}, 2 of them dropped the Suppressed Handgun.)

Also, beat times may only have to do with rare enemies (see above), and Sounomi said she couldn't find anything having to do with beat times when looking at the item data from the game.

ginko990
Sep 27, 2003, 02:39 PM
On 2003-09-27 10:59, zimmk2vgc wrote:

BUT I FIND TEH UBER JSWORDS WITH MY 100 LCK

CK20XX
Sep 27, 2003, 02:42 PM
This is a great game, but I have terrible luck with rare items. Aside from the bugs and glitches it's the only thing holding this title down. A website I visited the other day has a section called "PSO: The Good, The Bad, and The Ugly". Under "The Bad", it had this to say:

Most Rare Weapons are Found Only Through Luck:
"The distribution of rare weapons is one matter that should be addressed before Sega works on PSO2. It's annoying enough that many of the most powerful weapons in the game can only be found through dumb luck -- what makes it worse is that more often than not, you need to have incredible luck. I'd love to know the formula for what makes rare items appear, but I reckon that is a secret guarded more closely that the Colonel's blend of herbs and spices. My best guess is that it has something to do with your Section ID, the current "Beat" time, and Yuji Naka's driver's license number. In order to get this item removed from "The Bad" for PSO2, Sega definitely must make each and every weapon in the game accessible to everyone. This does not mean that every item should be available in the shops. Sega has found great success with rare items being the prizes for successful completion of quests, or perhaps, for example, a certain boss will always drop a particular weapon if you beat the boss within a certain time limit. The point is, luck should not be the sole determining factor for the distribution of rare items, as it very much seems to be now."

There's something called "The Beat Theory" that states that different Section IDs have a better chance of finding rares depending on the time, and/or certain weapons have a higher probability of being found at certain times. It's worth an investigation, but I don't know that much about it so I'm not sure how feasible it is.

Berzerker
Sep 27, 2003, 03:20 PM
The section ID bit would make sense and the beats, as I have known 2 greenill ID's to find lots of Rares easily

Blue-Hawk
Sep 28, 2003, 12:06 AM
I would have to say that I am so sick of hearing about that beat time bull. From now on, anyone that suggests it gets 'beat' upside the head.

hostage
Sep 28, 2003, 12:14 AM
put simpley:
there are many little tricks designed to find and get rare items, but no definate way to increase the ammount found.

toxic_420
Sep 28, 2003, 10:11 AM
i know one definate way to find more rares.

play pso twice as much as you do now.

oooh, that was rubbish....

vegeta000110
Sep 28, 2003, 10:25 AM
Well, considering that some people probably play it 12 hours+ a day, it would be quite difficult to play twice as long without sleep.

BTW, can you give me a link to that site?

Kunio
Sep 28, 2003, 02:53 PM
ive heard that every enemy you kill raises your chance of finding the weapon it gives you. Also ive heard that on Guild Missions you have i higher chance of getting rares.

Olga-Rappy
Sep 28, 2003, 07:21 PM
So far, there've been 3 confirmed factors:

Level - A level 120 Pinkal on Ultimate will have a better chance of swiping a God/Mind off a Gulgus-Gue than a Level 60 will.

Section ID - Only the type of weapon though

How long since you opened your character file - In other words, if your GC's been on 48 hours, and you've switched your character at the 40th hour, a person who's had his on for 20 and hasn't quitted will have a better chance.

DOG21313
Sep 28, 2003, 08:55 PM
Also, I've heard the number of hours youve played makes a difference, but I'm not sure. I hope so since I'm nearing 400 hrs and have found nothing really good...

TekkamanBlade
Sep 28, 2003, 11:42 PM
On 2003-09-28 12:53, Kunio wrote:
ive heard that every enemy you kill raises your chance of finding the weapon it gives you. Also ive heard that on Guild Missions you have i higher chance of getting rares.

I sorta agree with that to. Killing more and more of that enemy increasing that chances of getting that certain item makes sence. But that LCK theory i dunno all my characters have high LCK and my ids are Skyly , Greennill, YellowBoze and i find good rares and enemys not to mention butt load of materials. But maybe lck does have affect to it and maybe it dont u never know.

Reece
Sep 28, 2003, 11:47 PM
On 2003-09-27 12:39, ginko990 wrote:

ROFLMFAO! Damn dude. Your fuckin hilarious! One time a n00b told me the same thing lol

Soukosa
Sep 28, 2003, 11:51 PM
On 2003-09-28 17:21, Olga-Rappy wrote:
Level - A level 120 Pinkal on Ultimate will have a better chance of swiping a God/Mind off a Gulgus-Gue than a Level 60 will.

That's been proven wrong so many times now.

How long since you opened your character file - In other words, if your GC's been on 48 hours, and you've switched your character at the 40th hour, a person who's had his on for 20 and hasn't quitted will have a better chance.

I seriously doubt that.

silvermax
Sep 29, 2003, 01:38 AM
I KNOW!!! you play Diablo 2 and equip all the "Magic Find" you can, then you will find more rares.....

Seriously.... Its all in the games programing, It decides when, or not, to Drop a rare. The only way to increase your chance of finding a Rare, is killing the monster that Drops it OVER and OVER and OVER and OVER and OVER and OVER and OVER and OVER and OVER and OVER and OVER and OVER and OVER and OVER and OVER... untill you get sick of it, or the game says "ok you can have it now".....

Olga-Rappy
Sep 29, 2003, 05:19 AM
On 2003-09-28 21:51, Sounomi wrote:
That's been proven wrong so many times now.

For each of those liars, there are at least 50 people who actually prooved it.

I seriously doubt that.

Unless you're willing to somehow unearth enough hard evidence to prove everyone that contributed wrong, I seriously doubt that comment was necessary.

It originally started off when the total hours thing was disproved.

Blue-Hawk
Sep 29, 2003, 05:50 AM
Actually, all rare finding theories are false. It's just all random and dumb luck that things drop. And Olga Rappy, the level thing really is crap. All 3 of my lv 100+ find less than they did when they were less than 100. Especially my lv 168 ramarl. She doesnt find anything anymore. Believe me, I have been playing her again. Nothing at all. Not even a photon drop. Same as it was a couple of months ago when I quit playing her.

Soukosa
Sep 29, 2003, 09:47 AM
On 2003-09-29 03:19, Olga-Rappy wrote:
For each of those liars, there are at least 50 people who actually prooved it.

Liars? Those who have proved it here are anything but liars and I have also proved it to myself. Where are these 50 people who supposedly proved this? They sure aren't here.

Unless you're willing to somehow unearth enough hard evidence to prove everyone that contributed wrong, I seriously doubt that comment was necessary.

It originally started off when the total hours thing was disproved.

But stating that, you're stating that ST wants us to run our cubes to death just for the sake of getting a better chance of rares. Think about it, ST wouldn't want us to do that and why would they make it so those that play longer sessions get a better chance at finding rares.

Jazhara
Sep 29, 2003, 09:52 AM
This whole thread = ROFL

Olga Rappy - Whatever you've been smoking, I want some. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

MaxBuster
Sep 29, 2003, 10:25 AM
I think maybe it has something to do with the number of enemies killed. Haven't any of you noticed that the initial RARE usually have very low or even 0% attributes, then the %'s go up as you find more and more of the same Rare. Maybe the game keeps track of the enemies killed and changes the drop rate accordingly.

Dillon
Sep 29, 2003, 10:45 AM
*cough*

First off, I agree, slightly, with what Olga-Rappy said.

My level 114 HUmar could pipe for 15 minutes and find more than enough Pal Rappies to get the rare it dropped, while I pipe for 6 hours with my level.68? (At the time) HUmar, only to find one, and have it drop me a Plasma Barrier or something of the sorts.

When I'm above level 100, I'll test this again, myself, and see how my luck runs.

I'm not saying it's proven/disproven, it's just how my luck's ran. But it is kinda weird I could find rares I didn't even want on that HUmar in very, very little time, while it takes me hours to get the most retarded ones (Diska Of *), on my Redria HUmar.

Ketchup345
Sep 29, 2003, 01:52 PM
On 2003-09-29 08:25, MaxBuster wrote:
I think maybe it has something to do with the number of enemies killed. Haven't any of you noticed that the initial RARE usually have very low or even 0% attributes, then the %'s go up as you find more and more of the same Rare. Maybe the game keeps track of the enemies killed and changes the drop rate accordingly.

I agree with this. All my first rares were normally all 0%s, acrossed the board, only 2 exceptions.

Soukosa
Sep 29, 2003, 02:02 PM
On 2003-09-29 08:45, Dillon wrote:
*cough*

First off, I agree, slightly, with what Olga-Rappy said.

My level 114 HUmar could pipe for 15 minutes and find more than enough Pal Rappies to get the rare it dropped, while I pipe for 6 hours with my level.68? (At the time) HUmar, only to find one, and have it drop me a Plasma Barrier or something of the sorts.

When I'm above level 100, I'll test this again, myself, and see how my luck runs.

I'm not saying it's proven/disproven, it's just how my luck's ran. But it is kinda weird I could find rares I didn't even want on that HUmar in very, very little time, while it takes me hours to get the most retarded ones (Diska Of *), on my Redria HUmar.

Sounds like you just had a lot of bad luck with your HUmar. That happens every now and then.

Dillon
Sep 29, 2003, 03:04 PM
Apparently so.

BIZKIT
Sep 29, 2003, 06:33 PM
On 2003-09-27 12:39, ginko990 wrote:

Get it through your head. LCK has nothing to do with Rare Item/Monster findings

Mixfortune
Sep 29, 2003, 07:11 PM
I hear sarcasm radars are cheap these days http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif