PDA

View Full Version : Being a force whats so Special???

Ice_
Mar 31, 2001, 01:35 AM
ok i just starteed a force character named Ice and i am lvl 37 now.... and i think its cool being a force in all but.... what separates them from the other s???( ranger, hunter) because rangers and hunters can both have the same magic spells whats up with that??? although forces tp does upgrade rather fast (mines already at 800+ tp but i raised a mag with 93 mind http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/icon_smile.gif ) but other than that well ur better off being a hunter witch haev soem mad cool weapons .. can ne1 else tell me some advantages????........ oh yeah and on my mag i am trying to get it to lvl 100 mind so i can get an opa-opa without the opa-opa heart... atleast thats what the pso world mag guides says i can do but.... u also need 100 mind for the heart cel to so whats the diff between these??

IceBlink
Mar 31, 2001, 09:28 AM
You wanna know what advantages Forces have? They... can learn tech disks faster...

Um, anyway. ^_^; The reason why I personally want to make a Force character is because they are the hardest class to use. ^_^ More challenging and more fun. ^_^

Cross
Mar 31, 2001, 09:35 AM
You get the statisfaction of knowing you look better than any other class. FOmarls have some class attached to them that no other class has much of. FOnewearls are just adorable looking. FOnewms, well... They have the best shoes in the world. Seriously, those shoes kick major ass.

But seriously, forces are for if you're not bent on being the hero of your game. You'll be doing negligable damage, but you can cast status effects like nothing, and support your team marvelously. Forces are for the nice guys.

Oh, and I'd take a high-level Megid over any weapon. Easy kills.

Gericault
Mar 31, 2001, 09:42 AM
Forces exist to support the rest of the party. During the mid-levels (20 to 60 or so) a good Force will make or break a party. Forces are absolutely essential support for Androids, especially. But if it's an all human/newman group, well, once you hit level 70 or so, everyone becomes a walking demigod who is pretty much able to hold their own in Vhard Ruins, and Forces become very nice to have, but not necessary. Forces end up as hands-down the 'weakest' class.

However, I say fuck that. PSO isn't about turning your character into a stand-alone world-beater, PSO is about teamwork and having fun with friends. If you don't get a warm glow every time you throw out a resta and snatch the group from the jaws of death, being a Force probably isn't for you. heh.

SaitoH
Mar 31, 2001, 11:23 AM
I consider force characters alot of fun to play. They are challenging but that what makes them interesting. My HUnewear almost is boring because at lvl 85 I can kick any enemies butt. Especially with high % weapons. The only thing I suggest is try to rely solely on magic. Since that is supposed to be their forte. Its too easy to fall into the trap of using high powered weapons. I see alot of kick ass ninja-force people around but it doesn't make sense to me. I mean, if you wanted a hunter why didn't you make one in the first place. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/icon_smile.gif I have found it very rewarding to use magic-only with Aviendha. Just carry a weapon with good tp steal (geist raygun, c-sorcerers, frying pan, double saber etc.)

Hope this helps.

JayHale
Mar 31, 2001, 12:26 PM
I totally agree with Cross, Force characters are the best looking in the game, lol. We have the most class, we are dead sexxy, lmao. Not to mention that it is a challenge using them. Sure being a Force has kept me from battling Dark Falz till like Lvl 48, but they're still fun to use I guess. Forces also match my personality, I think most people picked characters that matched their personalities, right?

MechDan
Mar 31, 2001, 01:40 PM
While Forces are disappointingly limited at higher levels, they make for an interestingly different experience in low/mid levels. Having less than 100HP and more than 500TP is pretty different from your 200HP/200TP HUnewearl!

Plus, there are a few Force only special weapons which are cute.

Mei-Lin
Mar 31, 2001, 03:35 PM
We are so darn adorable aren't we? hehehe!
I just love using force Characters, I have more fun with them.

I have an HUneweral character, at first is was fun but after I reach lvl 60+
I kinda got bored with her ... now I have about two force Character already...lol!
an I simply love using my Fonewearl especially with her Magical Piece http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/icon_smile.gif

Anyways forces might be weak but more challenging... I mean come on
I beat the Dragon at lvl 3.

Ranova
Mar 31, 2001, 06:27 PM
You know whats so good about Forces?

They eat up your moon atomizers!
Their specialty is to die.
I had a lvl 31 and all he did was die, so i just restarted a humar who is lvl 61 now.

JJ
Mar 31, 2001, 10:51 PM
I hate people who are always dissing forces. You have then never seen a level 100 Force if u talk crap 'bout how much they suck. I had my friend tell me once damn forces are good. I go to him well no one thinks the same. And he goes because knows or has seen one.

Kobe
Mar 31, 2001, 11:20 PM
force characters are no good their max MST is only like 600 something they are pretty cool but if their mst went higher they would sooo much cooler i would even make one

Wu
Mar 31, 2001, 11:30 PM
I always feel more comfortable when I know that there is a force in my group. Thier much higher TP makes them more likely to heal my HUcast/RAcaseal so I dont have to pipe as much or worry about conserving 'mates.
Plus, Shifta on my HUcast is a scary sight, swinging that Dragon Slayer around for big damage.
And if you have to use up all of your Moons on a force, you arent doing your job as a Hunter.

Phantasy
Mar 31, 2001, 11:46 PM
I concur. Us Forces keep those Andriods alive and everyone else keeps us alive by killing the monsters. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/icon_smile.gif Sure, having a higher HP is cool, but nothing quite compares to going into a room and having everyone say, "OOO, a Force! Awesome!!!"

phoenx
Apr 1, 2001, 12:28 AM
the good (as everyone said):
-they look better than just about all the other characters
-they are the hardest to use effectively
-they have a load of mst to waste their lvl15 spells on
-they have the c-sorc and psycho wand http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/icon_razz.gif

it might be hard to play them at low levels, but once you get to lvl 50+ and start getting better stuff, forces can own

Eowyn
Apr 1, 2001, 01:02 AM
Forces have, by far, the coolest looking weapons in the game. I mean, come on, what's cuter then the magical piece?

Ice_
Apr 1, 2001, 03:46 AM
lol i got ssick of getting my asskicked at bosses/ doign shit to the bosses with my magic... lol its funner to run aroudnt teh guy and kill him with sword and shit ... and i coudlnt satnd havein such low HP .. but my tp got to 810..... i had my mag at lvl 93 on mind though..... thx for all your input .... lo but i started over heh...... im a Hunter once again lol ..... I have same name And quot but nowi ahve mroe fun... forces were cool from...lvl 10-35 but then it sattarted to slow down lol.... if i had more than one memopry card then i would prolyl make another force

Gericault
Apr 1, 2001, 05:51 AM
Ice:

In the future, please type with hands, not penis. :

Dragon-Ibuki
Apr 1, 2001, 08:29 AM
It's fun working with androids that swear they'll protect me because I "kick ass" (You know who you are ^.^) and we do look kuter. C'mon the caduceus is pretty awesome to have n' run around with. And we do have the cow skull mag 'Ravana'. What could be better than a black Fonewearl in a devil cap n' a cow skull floating by her side as well as being equipped with a 'PSYCHO' wand?! If that ain't a blast, I don't know what is...

Samuel-Vimes
Apr 2, 2001, 04:56 PM
I went from a Hucast to a Fomarl and the experience is ?different?. As a Hucast I love playing (prefer, actually) with a good Force more than any class, makes my life easier in that I can take on enemies for longer periods of time w/o needing to head back to Pioneer 2 as much. I am always willing to put my Hucast?s life on the line for a Force. I became real good friends with a Fomarl when I was around level 38 (Hucast) and now that I have a Fomarl, she made a Hucast. Funny that.

Till about level 60, I usually died a lot, due to lower hp and through playing my Fomarl like a Hucast (not the brightest idea). After level 60, the hp catches up and all I need to do now is finish building a mag specifically designed for frontline combat (high def and power). As a Force, you can use some pretty cool weapons that are unavailable to the other classes such as C-Sorceror?s Cane, Psycho Wand, Cadueces, etc. (need to find some of these btw) and my vertically challenged Fomarl w/ her Andhaka and Inferno Bazooka strikes fear everywhere we go.http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/icon_smile.gif

Anyhow, PSO is a ?team? game and I don?t see any character as necessarily being better than one another. It?s just a matter of playing the character you like and doing your bit for the team. Good gaming to you all.

AxemPunanny
Apr 2, 2001, 06:10 PM
Wait a minute... some of you don't like Forces??? then you don't like Punanny... XPunanny. LOL. I love my FOnewm. Bad ass mofo. Ready to wreck havoc upon the unsuspecting doubters. I know they're pretty weak compared to the rest of the class. But tell that to Vol Opt. Whooped on Vol Opts boootey so many times, now XPunanny got a mag farm; 18 to be exact. I've died more with my RAcast than my FOnewm. Not because I got friggin Resta. Heck I use the support spells more on others than myself when I'm online. Then again, other classes can afford to be aggressive since they got more ATP and DFP, putting them into the foray of monsters (i.e. better chance of dying). XPunanny uses other types of weapons as well, couple that with a ton of TP, holy sh*t... Hildebear on ice. LOL. Yea, other classes can do the same.

Okay I'm just going off. Once I saw this post Ice, I knew I had to say something. You know I like my Force. Fun as hell to play with. Yes it's difficult, but you gotta have fun while your running scared from a pack of dimenians. I'd like to see a team of Forces with me, someday. Rafoie, Rabarta, Razonde, and Grants. Set it off. All the while, wielding guns and sabers. LOL. Okay how bout Clubs and Staffs.

DarkWolf
Apr 2, 2001, 08:49 PM
The advantage of being a force is the fact that we can cast magic over, and over, and over, and over... and then some, before needing any fluids. And put a good TP stealing weapon into our hands (C. Sorcerer's Cane or Double Saber are best), and fluids, mates, anti-s, and atomizers become useless to us.

If a teammate falls, most everyone else in the party will keep fighting. Many forces take it upon themselves to keep the rest of the party alive. Online, we are invaluable to androids. A party of four androids would need to incessantly need to run to town for mates,
whereas a party of 3 androids and a force eqiupped with a tp-stealing weapon would rarely go back.

Then there's the challange... knowing you can't do NEARLY the damage a ranger, or even a hunter can... but the satisfaction of beating Dark Falz, with such a huge handicap, is simply immense, whereas I've seen people (hunters/rangers) complain about how easy DF is. There is also the pride of knowing that the rest of the team depends on you to keep them alive. You have to admit, there's probably been at least once or twice you've been grateful a force has been in your team, right as you see your char fall over, then get right back up as Reverser is cast.
We also have unique weapons. A force can use most hunter or ranger weapons, however no hunter or ranger can use a single force weapon. If you haven't seen Magical Piece, Caduceus, or Sting Tip, you've missed some of the most unique weapons in the whole game. There is also the Mags. Hunter and Ranger mags stop evolving if their Defense is 45. Force mags get new evolutions. On top of that, Naraka, Ravana, Ribhava, and Naga just plain rock!!!

We might not be the best class... but it wouldn't be the same with out us.