PDA

View Full Version : Blue Magic

Captain_Bob
Sep 27, 2003, 07:20 PM
How exactly does it work? I've been playing FFTA lately and I'm gettin kinda confused.

RuneLateralus
Sep 27, 2003, 07:32 PM
In the Final Fantasy series (which I am assuming you are talking about), it is magic that is learned by observation. Basically, you learn it when enemies use the magic on you.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: RuneLateralus on 2003-09-27 17:33 ]</font>

Kent
Sep 28, 2003, 09:50 AM
First, your Blue Mage needs the Learning ability equipped, which is learned by equipping him with a Blue Saber.

Then, you go around and get enemies to use specific special attacks on you, and if they use the right ones on your Blue Mage, he'll learn them. A pretty simple thing to do, really, if you know what spells you can learn and have a Beastmaster in your party.

Check GameFAQs (http://www.gamefaqs.com) for lists of Blue Magic and mosters you can learn them from.

(My Ninja/Blue Mage main character kicks so much ass, it isn't even funny)

Aunt_Betty
Sep 28, 2003, 11:45 AM
i got FFTA i dont have a blue mage and plan to not have 1. go get the guide it shows all A-ablities.

Logical2u
Sep 28, 2003, 03:11 PM
Uhmn... hmm... As far as I understand it, the easiest way to learn blue mage abilities is to...

1. Get a Blue
2. Get a blue saber and equip it.
3. Get a beastmaster.
4. Find some monsters
5. Control them to use attacks on the blue mage.

Kent
Sep 28, 2003, 05:40 PM
On 2003-09-28 13:11, Logical2u wrote:
Uhmn... hmm... As far as I understand it, the easiest way to learn blue mage abilities is to...

1. Get a Blue
2. Get a blue saber and equip it.
3. Get a beastmaster.
4. Find some monsters
5. Control them to use attacks on the blue mage.

Actually, that's the only way to learn some of the abilities, such as Might Guard, White Wind, and Angel Whisper. And trust me, it pays off.

Logical2u
Oct 1, 2003, 08:06 AM
Oh yeah, Blue Mages CAN learn Roulette (the Ahriman ability) but you have to have some sort of AutoLife or AngelRing on them.