PDA

View Full Version : Surf the web with the Gamecube?

LINX
Sep 27, 2003, 07:23 PM
A small question:

In v1/v2, you could press ctrl + o in the "hompage" section of the game to bring up the field where you type in an adress. It was possible to surf.

Is this in any way possible on the GC version? I tried all possible kinds of buttom combinations without success, and I know playsega.com (the EU HL page) is kind of "closed". There should, however, be some way to bypass this.

You guys know anything about this?

Rich_T
Sep 28, 2003, 07:47 AM
The browaser on the gamecube mmdisk is mtotaly closed, there is no known way to get to an outside web page on the EU version.

On the US version, if you mmgo to the forums you can reply to a topic and put a web link in ( ie google) when you reply to that topic again that link becomes active, although im not sure if this still works.

someone has cracked the ps2 default browser by using some sort of IP address setings, to re-direct the browser to anm alternative web page, although im not sure if that would work on the gamemcube, as that sort of stuff is beyond me.

the only other way would be to use some sort of a cheat device, so instead of conecting to the ip address for http://www.playsega.com it would connect to the ip of another site.

Aunt_Betty
Sep 28, 2003, 11:39 AM
i relly wish u could. Tho my gc is in the same room as my comp. So even if i coud i wouldnt use it.