PDA

View Full Version : GC: Rare enemy encounter rates and rare item drop rates

Xenocraze
Sep 27, 2003, 11:15 PM
There have been numerous posts out there concerning this topic, but they were not exactly what I was looking for... I've been searching for two things on the net:

1. A rare item drop chart that tells the chances (percent/ratio) of the item being dropped. I'm specifically looking for Hard and Normal mode charts since I have acquired the Very Hard and Ultimate charts from the following URL:

http://faqs.ign.com/articles/393/393635p1.html

2. I'm wondering if there is any definate round about ratios or percent of encountering rare enemies such as a Hildeltorr or a Mil Lily? A link to the site where you found your info would be great.

PSO World's charts are great, but I was looking for some percents or ratios on the drop rates too... So if anyone knows a site on the net that has what I'm looking for, please reply back to this thread. Thanks so much everyone!

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Xenocraze on 2003-09-27 21:22 ]</font>

Olga-Rappy
Sep 28, 2003, 06:10 AM
WOW. Not only are the tables wrong, the chances are complete BS.

Purplenum Card
1 / 18,332

- I have about 3 of them

Psycho Wand
1 / 205

- Out of 3 Lillies, 2 dropped them.

Heaven's Punisher
1 / 190,650

- Heeheehee, want one? I got 14.

Sorceror's Right Arm
1 / 900

- I BEG YOU, TAKE ONE OFF MY HANDS! EVERY FRICKING GRAN SORC HAS DROPPED ONE, EXCEPT FOR ONE IN RUINS 3 (Trifluid), AND ONE IN RETIRED HUNTER! (Nothing)

Storm Wand: Indra
1 / 213

Whomever wrote this guide, expect 54 of these on your front lawn tomorrow morning.

Partisan of Lightning
1 / 37

Ok, so I only fought him once on Ult... does that make me lucky, or the guide's author stupid?

Castoth
Sep 28, 2003, 06:34 AM
On 2003-09-28 04:10, Olga-Rappy wrote:
WOW. Not only are the tables wrong, the chances are complete BS.

Purplenum Card
1 / 18,332

- I have about 3 of them

Psycho Wand
1 / 205

- Out of 3 Lillies, 2 dropped them.

Heaven's Punisher
1 / 190,650

Sorceror's Right Arm
1 / 900

- I BEG YOU, TAKE ONE OFF MY HANDS! EVERY FRICKING GRAN SORC HAS DROPPED ONE, EXCEPT FOR ONE IN RUINS 3 (Trifluid), AND ONE IN RETIRED HUNTER! (Nothing)

Storm Wand: Indra
1 / 213

Whomever wrote this guide, expect 54 of these on your front lawn tomorrow morning.

Partisan of Lightning
1 / 37

Ok, so I only fought him once on Ult... does that make me lucky, or the guide's author stupid?

I was about to lynch you for the Psycho Wands claim, then read the rest. Feel lucky. >_>

Olga-Rappy
Sep 28, 2003, 06:38 AM
What ID are you, and what level? I'm sure you can completely disprove some of it. Try it yourself.

By the way, want a Storm Wand: Indra?

foamcup
Sep 28, 2003, 09:38 AM
Yo, can I get a sorcerer arm off ya?

Ketchup345
Sep 28, 2003, 11:28 AM
1) The drops don't go by a percent or fraction, ask Sounomi.
2) Rare monsters I read are about 1/500 or 1/512. Beat times may affect rare monsters, but don't affect item drops.

Soukosa
Sep 28, 2003, 11:32 AM
Now that I know how those percentages were came about, I know for sure that they are wrong. They are not based off any information from ST but instead a PC version hacker's idea for how the percent chance is determined.

Xenocraze
Sep 28, 2003, 02:35 PM
I have found these ratios and percents to be very accurate. If you think they are totally bogus, it's probably because unlike with other charts, these charts combined the chances that the rare item is actually dropped and the chances that the enemy drops any item at all. That is why many of the ratios seem so ridiculous.

I'd post another URL to another chart I found that has higher percents, but the site disappeared. On that site were percents without the chance that the enemy drops any item at all. When I multiplied the percents given on PSO World (percent chance the enemy drops an item) with them, they were almost exactly the same.

Kunio
Sep 28, 2003, 02:49 PM
these charts are off some what, at least for the bluefull Silence Claw thing, ive got four of em and there not really that great.

Olga-Rappy
Sep 28, 2003, 07:17 PM
On 2003-09-28 07:38, foamcup wrote:
Yo, can I get a sorcerer arm off ya?

Sure thing. This week's busy, try Friday/Saturday night.

Soukosa
Sep 28, 2003, 07:49 PM
On 2003-09-28 12:35, Xenocraze wrote:
I have found these ratios and percents to be very accurate. If you think they are totally bogus, it's probably because unlike with other charts, these charts combined the chances that the rare item is actually dropped and the chances that the enemy drops any item at all. That is why many of the ratios seem so ridiculous.

I don't find them to be accurate at all and I wonder how they can come up with the chance rate of Falz and Olga dropping a rare when they both have a 0% drop rate on all difficulties. I've also read as to how these number were come up with, and am convinced that they aren't accurate.

Castoth
Sep 28, 2003, 08:08 PM
I have yet to find a Psycho Wand off of 110 Mil Lillies so that rate seems to be painfully accurate so far.

Olga-Rappy
Sep 29, 2003, 05:03 AM
That's some bad juju...

Ok, these are the ones that are skewed the other way:

Skyly-Vol Opt
Justy-23ST
1 / 5

In every skyly game I've played, I've never seen one drop.

Pinkal-Barba Ray
Asuka
1 / 5

I've fought Barba Ray enough that it's a waste of TP and meseta to fight him. Still none.

Redria-Migium
Diska of Braveman
1 / 81

Redria friend has never, ever seen one.

Redria-Pal Rappy
Red Handgun
1 / 2

He counts a total of 17 Pal Rappies

Jazhara
Sep 29, 2003, 10:19 AM
On 2003-09-28 04:10, Olga-Rappy wrote:
Heaven's Punisher
1 / 190,650

Let me guess, they all dropped right in front of you? http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_lol.gif

Mixfortune
Sep 29, 2003, 09:44 PM
To Olga-Rappy:
I found it interesting how you said you "got" so many,
but did you find them all from drops?

Truth be told, it's a lot easier for someone to
"get" one from someone else and run the high risk
of it being hacked than to find one yourself.

-------
EDIT- To stay on topic, what does it matter if the
percents are completely accurate? It's not to say
you can flip a coin 20 times and get exactly 10 heads.

To me, I just use the percents as a means of finding out
which objects are more difficult to find than others,
and take into account such things as monster drop rate
of any item, as well as cross referencing to other "percents"
located elsewhere in the table, to find an approximate
means of not how many I can expect to kill, but where
it would be easiest to find a certain item.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Mixfortune on 2003-09-29 19:48 ]</font>

Olga-Rappy
Oct 1, 2003, 05:08 PM
No. None dropped. I trade on Vega with SSJ69SEFYRATH, the proud owenr of a Legit Tsumikiri J-Sword, Dark Bridge, and Red Ring. </sarcasm> I actually play offline msot of the time. Ever heard of a social life? PSO and 12th Grade formed a strategic alliance and completely oblitherated mine.

And I agree about the coin flip thing, but there's a difference between 50-50, and 1-210,000

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Olga-Rappy on 2003-10-01 15:10 ]</font>