PDA

View Full Version : Does anyone else hate the n00bs that play C-Mode?

Reece
Sep 28, 2003, 03:42 AM
Ok the last few times I have played...A Ranger with his handgun (LONG RANGE ATTACKS IT'S NOT A SABER) decides to go under the dragon! WOW! The dragon falls on him. We lose. We try 3 more times. Same thing happens! I just finally left! Why are people so stupid!

VulpesMundi
Sep 28, 2003, 06:41 AM
You'd be surprised... Arrogance, egotism, and a general lack of common sense are three of the biggest problems plaguing C-mode. However, beginners aren't the bad part. It's people who don't want to listen/learn or work together as a team that really cause the problems. I'm actually more willing to play with a friendly, cooperative beginner than I am an asshole, lone-wolf expert. People are a big part of what makes this game fun, after all. Yes, there are a lot of jerks, but there are a lot of friendly folk, too. You just gotta keep your eyes (and perhaps heart) open to notice them.

Olga-Rappy
Sep 28, 2003, 07:13 AM
Still, considering the prize quality, and the problems you mentioned VulpesMundi, I don't play C-mode online.

But I compleely agree with you. A newbie, especially a force or ranger, can easily be taught the particulars. It's the idiots who think they're all that who ruin it.

YujiNaka
Sep 28, 2003, 07:28 AM
100% agree, VulpesMundi.

rena-ko
Sep 28, 2003, 08:00 AM
100% agree.
this is also bugging me - people who think they can do c-mode "somehow" and aren't prepared in the slightest way.
i have nothing against people who want to get into cmode and its differences to normal gameplay.

i'm sure that ranger wanted to snap the dragons drop... ^_^;; (no comment)

MFGouken
Sep 28, 2003, 03:26 PM
RAmars are the disease of Challenge Mode, stop the spread. Yeah n00bs can get annoying, but remember when you yourself first started you didn't know what you were doing so think how some of the ppl you first played with felt.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: MFGouken on 2003-09-28 13:29 ]</font>

Kamatz
Sep 28, 2003, 07:37 PM
Er... Hi? I'm an RAmar, and I would have happily tackled the dragon at lv 2-3 if not for the simple fact that getting to him (offline, at least), means climbing to level 4. ^-^ What sucks about my class is that a fair number are idiots who run around bazookas and/or shots with 100% on the given stage, and kill everything before anyone else has a chance to get a hit in. Er. >_> <_< Moving on...
I did once kill the dragon with a lv 4 FOnewm. Spent an hour dodging and bopping him on the toe with a cane. Big fire-breathing whipper-snapper! *Shakes cane*

Anyway, I agree with the Fox. I can't word it any more appropriately than it already has been, so..
What he said! *Points at th' Vulpine fella*

Jazhara
Sep 29, 2003, 04:57 AM
C-Mode should have a big "damage cancel" notification warning message when you make a game.

The ones that really, really annoy me (they were on Alcyone in droves yesterday) are the ones who can't accept that other people know any better than they do, yet they have max 1 S-Rank. They have completed C-Mode once, and they know 100% everything there is to know. IMO worse than the n00bs, as they will listen to no-one.

On a side note, I got my 50th S-Rank this w/e gone (across all versions of PSO). Yay for me.

Capricornus
Sep 29, 2003, 08:08 AM
On 2003-09-28 01:42, Reece wrote:
Ok the last few times I have played...A Ranger with his handgun (LONG RANGE ATTACKS IT'S NOT A SABER) decides to go under the dragon! WOW! The dragon falls on him. We lose. We try 3 more times. Same thing happens! I just finally left! Why are people so stupid!

Nothing beats a n00b that grinded his cane once.
He was proud to show it off too at the end of the game (cane + 11)
Best way is to play with people you know already (I rarely get n00b surprises that way)
Unfortunately, those n00bs do give EU and US players a bad reputation on Alcyone. More and more JP players start to make games with JP only (and this is not always because of the language problem, although they will say that to you to be polite)
Im lucky to have some JP friends on Alcyone, that way Im able to join JP only games (which confirms that its not due to language problems), but for newcomers willing to start C-mode it will become harder to find JP players willing to accept you in their games.

Valleo
Sep 29, 2003, 09:41 AM
I hate to break it to you, but n00bs dont only come with "E" attached to their name. Ive played with a lot of JP n00bs. A LOT. Guys that talk the whole game through, rangers and hunters that pick up scapes that ive left for the force, and people that shadow me the whole damm game, cancelling my damage. Generally speaking, I assume when a JP players joins that he at the very least is going to play seriously, if not well, but its not always the case.

I remember playing a C9 like this with Master Joel and 2 other JP players. It was a disaster. Afterwards we remarked, "when we're the 2 best players in a JP C mode game, you know were in big trouble".

Jazhara
Sep 29, 2003, 09:55 AM
Very true, unfortunately they're about 10% of JPs, where as n00b E players are more like 80%. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

prismsub5
Sep 30, 2003, 07:00 AM
On 2003-09-29 07:41, Valleo wrote:
People that shadow me the whole damm game, cancelling my damage.

what is that cancelling???

MFGouken
Sep 30, 2003, 04:42 PM
Ok say you are a HUcast and you hit an enemy with your weapon and a RAmar or other Character comes and hits the same enemy you are hitting it will cancel the damage that you did and only count theirs. Best bet in Cmode is that everyone pick an enemy and stick with it until it is dead that save a lot of time.

Sheik1
Oct 3, 2003, 02:16 AM
New players I don't mind and enjoy playing with, but not in TA. New players that listen to advice and trust in that advice are good team mates to play with and teaching challenge is easy then.

Mistakes are np if in a normal room. Once you learn challenge and TA then you can start trying out open TA rooms, until then sticking to normal rooms is best. TA is quite very different than normal play. It requres much skill, knowledge, and experiance.

Players that curse and swear much at others and demand items are not fun to play with. I usually drop out of those games or my play style starts to get REALLY bad...and I actually have to try for this to happen! ;o)

rena-ko
Oct 4, 2003, 09:35 AM
hm... where we are at players that think having one chara with buei makes them challenge pro's...

hunters that go for boxes, despite the facts that there is a ra and fo in the team and still enemies waiting to be killed, for example...

also... an enlightment campaign about damage cancel would be really necessary.
any damage done in the same time cancels eachother out - techs are not excused. so hitting pan arms doing 0 damage while the force pulvers its few TP into it...
way to less people know about that...

Reece
Oct 4, 2003, 02:29 PM
I mean Ranger n00bs are ok. They attack at a distance. I hate the HU n00bs that go in close and die

Jazhara
Oct 5, 2003, 06:48 AM
On 2003-10-04 07:35, rena-ko wrote:
hunters that go for boxes, despite the facts that there is a ra and fo in the team and still enemies waiting to be killed, for example...

Depends, if it's a decent force (/forces) in C2-6 a HU SHOULD get the boxes unless there's a RA around. Especially for TA.

Sheik1
Oct 5, 2003, 12:18 PM
On 2003-10-05 04:48, Jazhara wrote:

On 2003-10-04 07:35, rena-ko wrote:

Depends, if it's a decent force (/forces) in C2-6 a HU SHOULD get the boxes unless there's a RA around. Especially for TA.

I agree. It can depend on what play style is being used...TA or normal (clear). I play FOnl and in normal room I end up getting boxes anyway but in TA the RA should get them or the weakest HU, despite the fact the FOnl could be clearing out the next room twice as fast and the HU could with that nasty sword you are stuck with in C3 and C4...*sigh*

If the room is not TA then TP can be zeroed out too too quickly though. FOnls, I have found, don't work well for attacking much in normal rooms. Too little TP and some players do not like dolls used.

I have gotten some bad stuff said to me after I used one in a normal room, so I stopped doing that except in dire need. I can survive with no dolls, but many don't like that.