PDA

View Full Version : Another one...

geewj
Sep 28, 2003, 03:12 PM
http://frink.mypwd.com/checkershadow.jpg

Square A and B....are the same color.

I know, it pisses me off too.

If you dont belive me put it in paint or something and cut and drag square A over square B.

Zaneatron
Sep 28, 2003, 03:32 PM
this must go against all kinds of logic,reasoning, and mathmatical law.
on another note wtf!?!?

i just did it and that is fucking wierd, its just wrong.....it goes beyond comprehension, way beyond.....

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Zane-online on 2003-09-28 13:35 ]</font>

s.TiNgEr
Sep 28, 2003, 03:38 PM
On 2003-09-28 13:12, Prof_Frink wrote:
http://frink.mypwd.com/checkershadow.jpg

Square A and B....are the same color.

I know, it pisses me off too.

If you dont belive me put it in paint or something and cut and drag square A over square B.

I don't get it =(

NKOTB
Sep 28, 2003, 03:39 PM
They're not the same color.

s.TiNgEr
Sep 28, 2003, 03:42 PM
they probably are....it's just a trick...don't fall for it

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Stinger08 on 2003-09-28 13:43 ]</font>

prismsub5
Sep 28, 2003, 03:48 PM
they are the same color

*is scared*

DolmolmKing
Sep 28, 2003, 03:52 PM
tell me if you see this, the free version of Geocities is a poor provider http://www.geocities.com/gunbladey/untitled.GIF

s.TiNgEr
Sep 28, 2003, 03:53 PM
my paint says theyre different.

http://invisionfree.com/forums/Pso_Cavern/index.php?act=Attach&type=post&id=1075

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Stinger08 on 2003-09-28 13:53 ]</font>

geewj
Sep 28, 2003, 03:59 PM
On 2003-09-28 13:39, NKOTB wrote:
They're not the same color.

Put it in a program and drag it over. They are the exact same color.

DolmolmKing
Sep 28, 2003, 04:00 PM
my picture must have just died on me, if you really need to see it, just right click on the red x, highlight the url, and paste it in the address bar to see it.

Nai_Calus
Sep 28, 2003, 04:02 PM
It's not that freaky. *shrug* It's like the age-old trick of wearing dark lipstick to make your teeth look whiter. Contrast does some rather interesting things. ^^ I love optical illusions. XD

Monomate
Sep 28, 2003, 04:07 PM
actually, they're not the same color...they're different colors contrasted to look the same...not really that weird when you think about...

s.TiNgEr
Sep 28, 2003, 04:08 PM
or he might have ment that the square A and the letter B are the same color....or is that what you said? O_o;

Kent
Sep 28, 2003, 05:44 PM
The two squares, marked A and B, are the exact same color. Same RGB values.

Firocket1690
Sep 28, 2003, 11:51 PM
On 2003-09-28 13:53, Stinger08 wrote:

http://invisionfree.com/forums/Pso_Cavern/index.php?act=Attach&type=post&id=1075

oh damn ...
I havn't had a good laugh in a while ..... LOL !! http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

Reece
Sep 28, 2003, 11:59 PM
Drag the Purple over the black... It's still the same

AngelofVNVNation
Sep 29, 2003, 12:08 AM
Quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

On 2003-09-28 13:53, Stinger08 wrote:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

oh damn ...
I havn't had a good laugh in a while ..... LOL !! HEEHEE, that is pretty funny! Anywho, Kent, I used photoshop to look at the pic and I looked up the color values. Not to burst your bubble, but square A is 104 for all three values, whilst square B is 107 for all three values. not exact, but close enough. And illusions are cool.

RuneLateralus
Sep 29, 2003, 01:52 AM
Technically, black and white are not real colors...

So you lied. They are not the same colors. Next time, if you say shade, then yes, it will be the same.

geewj
Sep 29, 2003, 02:21 AM
On 2003-09-28 22:08, AngelofVNVNation wrote:
HEEHEE, that is pretty funny! Anywho, Kent, I used photoshop to look at the pic and I looked up the color values. Not to burst your bubble, but square A is 104 for all three values, whilst square B is 107 for all three values. not exact, but close enough. And illusions are cool.

I don't know what you did wrong, but the R B and G are all at 107 for both squares. Check again.

Zaneatron
Sep 29, 2003, 04:54 AM
On 2003-09-28 23:52, RuneLateralus wrote:
Technically, black and white are not real colors...

So you lied. They are not the same colors. Next time, if you say shade, then yes, it will be the same.

rune is right, white is a combination of all the colours mixed together (strange but its true, its somthing you cant do wit paint, the prog or actual paint) and black is where there is no colour at all, so they cant exactly be defined as colours (go english spelling)

Inu_Ranma
Sep 29, 2003, 05:33 AM
rune is right, white is a combination of all the colours mixed together (strange but its true, its somthing you cant do wit paint, the prog or actual paint) and black is where there is no colour at all, so they cant exactly be defined as colours (go english spelling)

That's half right. There are two methods of color: Pigment and wavelength. They are almost opposite in the sense of white-black, and sideways for the rest.

Wavelength is a system based on many shades of three colors: Red, Green, and Blue. This is not because only those three colors exist, but because the human eye pays the most attention to red, and because blue and green are at even intervals along the rest of the two thirds of the human visual spectrum. The 'high' end of blue is violet. When things go higher, they are 'ultra-violet,' AKA UV. The 'low' end is red. When things go below red they are 'infra-red.' IR, you know? Infra-red is literally heat. UV is what we commonly know of as radiation, and, from what I remember from way back when I took physics, radio, TV, and Microwave are up there too. Collectively, all of that crap is known as the Electromagnetic Spectrum. When you mix all of the colors in the EM spectrum they become white, while the absense of color (or rather the absence of reflected color) is seen as black.

Pigment is based off of our primary colors, or a four color system (CMYK: Cyan, Maroon, Yellow, Black), case depending. All colors mixed in pigment are black, while an absense of pigment is seen as white (this is why albino people are all white except for their eyes. They have no pigment.)

That was a bit rambly but I hope it was a little interesting.