PDA

View Full Version : ITS TRUE!!! PSO Ep1&2 TO PC!

Para
Sep 28, 2003, 09:04 PM
http://www.gameking.com.cn/news-new/0309/28/03.htm
EPISODE 2 IS COMING TO PC!YAY!

Info:
PSO PC Version Coming 2004.
With server side saving.
With voice chat enabled.
PSO PC v2 servers shutting down this December 31st.
Projected date of release: April 2004?

http://www.zdnet.co.jp/games/tgs/2003/news/0927/23.html

more info but it covers all the new PSO versions coming!

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Nites on 2003-09-29 17:20 ]</font>

Cerris
Sep 28, 2003, 09:25 PM
koo! t4@t 15 r3@11y n3@t

Solidus_Snake
Sep 28, 2003, 10:32 PM
LET THE HACKING BEGIN!

Para
Sep 28, 2003, 10:37 PM
note.. there is going to be more hack protection... it notes in the article

SnowReaper
Sep 28, 2003, 10:44 PM
Notice.. It is computer COMPUTER there will be hackers no matter what anyone does O.o;

Mman2000
Sep 28, 2003, 10:45 PM
On 2003-09-28 20:37, Nites wrote:

Anyone who's good enough can override any hack-protection. Oh and I'd like to know how characters are saved on PC version, they'd better be saved server side.

heyf00L
Sep 28, 2003, 10:49 PM
Um, does it say it will play with PSOGC? Because if it doesn't then this has no affect on me (which is good).

klepto
Sep 28, 2003, 10:52 PM
For all 7 of you who read japanese. That article was great. sarcasm

Demongirl
Sep 29, 2003, 01:07 AM
will episode 3 be coming for pc? just curious I dont really follow these things

Balbarei
Sep 29, 2003, 03:48 AM
Very nice news ^_^

Shina
Sep 29, 2003, 06:07 AM
On 2003-09-28 20:37, Nites wrote:

Oh come on Nites. You know me better then that. Hack Protection? Let the game begin http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

Loser
Sep 29, 2003, 06:07 AM
Cool , but..hasn't it been out for some time now? because most of the sites that have cheat/codes for PSO GC and PSOX have lots of cheats and downloads for PSO PC but im not sure if those were imports from japan or what.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Loser on 2003-09-29 10:44 ]</font>

Para
Sep 29, 2003, 08:33 AM
quiet shina!
but i am skeptical of one thing..... to have it server side would need the whole game totally re coded.. i wonder if SEGA would be able to do that given the fact theyve been lazy before...

SnowReaper
Sep 29, 2003, 11:52 AM
As i said before pso for computer will always have hackers no matter what anyone does! >.<; and most likely the char will be saved with a file on your computer..

Kuai
Sep 29, 2003, 02:26 PM
does the retard who just posted above me even know what server side means?

vegeta000110
Sep 29, 2003, 02:30 PM
If your char is saved on your computer, then I can think of one anti-hack protection 'hack'. Although I wouldn't call it hacking.

fyrewyre
Sep 29, 2003, 02:45 PM
Sounds like sega finally got the idea...btw what if you DC? i hear there are people that use 56k modems on a computer

another question: does anyone remember the server maintainences that used to go on? i noticed they stopped caring for the gc servers a while back and focused on other games. i think this is what they did a few years back that helped lead to segas downfall. knowing that sega is used to forgetting about their customers i wonder how this will work...i want to get the pc ver for my family to play but when you remember back to quake one there was a backdoor that let ppl log into your pc. im going out on a limb here betting that something like this will happen. i dont mean to rant or sound like i am but i just thought this would be an issue

...and they might want american POV's while making games also

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: fyrewyre on 2003-09-29 13:01 ]</font>

Para
Sep 29, 2003, 02:52 PM
when you disconnect the game will subside abit.. you can still move and stuff but after awhile of trying to reconnect... it will say game over you have been disconnected.

as for hacking... server side.... if its server side.... wheres offline mode???

fyrewyre
Sep 29, 2003, 03:08 PM
<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: fyrewyre on 2003-09-29 13:17 ]</font>

fyrewyre
Sep 29, 2003, 03:10 PM
On 2003-09-29 13:08, fyrewyre wrote:

On 2003-09-29 12:52, Nites wrote:
when you disconnect the game will subside abit.. you can still move and stuff but after awhile of trying to reconnect... it will say game over you have been disconnected.

as for hacking... server side.... if its server side.... wheres offline mode???

Wont it save tho? most or all pso games have your current data cached to the ram and if you end up with a disk error, fsod, power out, or lid open problem then everything goes. having everyones data cached on the server (assuming its is even cached) would make things a lil laggy for some users depending on computer specs to net speed.

Para
Sep 29, 2003, 04:11 PM
those problems happen...
i NEVER had fsod or anything related to corruption to my characters.. well i backed up my characters for legit reasons.
loading times are like practically non existant on the pc version.......

side note: damnit i dont get any credit for posting news up??? thats not very nice eRUPT....

Android8968
Sep 29, 2003, 06:47 PM
Have you seen What the hell is going on in Version 2 on the PC?!??!!? Its totally going berzerk. The server crashed a week ago, people can play as almost any Npc including Rico. Theres people playing in lobbies that look like the P2, a custom offline quest was made where your character calls this person an idiot and your trying to save this girls brother who used to much durgs, the shop lady says the items in the shop are all altered! Hunters can use any weapon in the game including canes. Even if it was saved server side theres ways to get around that. People on Version 2 for the PC are playing for free! They dont need to buy HLs. You can clone people and get their items in their inventory. You can clone your self 100 times in one lobby and when your orginal character moves the clones mirror it and do the same.

ST is just gonna waste money on lifeless hackers chokebroomopchoke.
Instead I think they should keep the DC servers up and save money.
Good Bye DC right before you go Im killin FALZ AND GETTING TO LEVEL 200 then DC when you go down and think of all those memories you gave me and the reason im on this site.

Barubary6
Sep 29, 2003, 07:17 PM
I agree with Violet and Nites here... It is very unlikely that this new version will be secure. The game was designed from the beginning to be a client-side game. To make it anything else would be nothing short of a rewrite.

I think they will just save your file on the server, but make it like a library check-out system, where the client checks out the client and returns it later. This is obviously not secure.

-- Barubary

Para
Sep 29, 2003, 07:20 PM
we'll see what happens when the game is actually out... or someone leaks a beta or something....

HUShadow
Sep 29, 2003, 08:25 PM
On 2003-09-28 19:04, Nites wrote:

Info:
With server side saving.
With voice chat enabled.

Uh...English...please?^_^

Maki_Nomiya
Sep 29, 2003, 09:56 PM
*wondering if have to pay.. and if u have HL Gc allready license..? ummmmmm *

DarkShinjaru
Sep 29, 2003, 10:09 PM
Oh, hurray for roll-backs..those always suck.

Shina
Sep 30, 2003, 01:45 AM
On 2003-09-29 12:26, Kuai wrote:
does the retard who just posted above me even know what server side means?

Lol. A lot of people can't seem to grasp it http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

Mman2000
Sep 30, 2003, 07:24 AM
On 2003-09-29 09:52, SnowReaper wrote:
As i said before pso for computer will always have hackers no matter what anyone does!

It's just like evolution in real life, prey evolve defences, predators evolve to overcome them.

>.<; and most likely the char will be saved with a file on your computer..

Then I won't get it. (not like I was going to anyway)

It won't work that way, it'll be too damn easy for some geek to rip out a hex editor and hack away.

And to those of you who love duping I say go there because you'll have it MUCH easier, just copy your character over and over again and you'll have a shitload of dupes.

That's why I say don't get it if it is released stateside, because there won't be any legits.

Butoden
Sep 30, 2003, 10:23 AM
If FSOD-X deleted the data on your MC, will FSOD-X on PC delete your Hard Disc?? http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Para
Sep 30, 2003, 10:38 AM
as far as I know there is no FSOD in PSO. The only thing closest in FSOD is when PSO crashes in offline mode (like the game is forced to close) and it doesnt save.. (usually because your computer has conflicts) You crash sometimes online and sometimes IT DOES save but sometimes it doesnt... its weird but its aLOT better than FSOD.

JohanCC
Sep 30, 2003, 08:52 PM
On 2003-09-29 18:25, HUShadow wrote:

On 2003-09-28 19:04, Nites wrote:

Info:
With server side saving.
With voice chat enabled.

Uh...English...please?^_^

http://babelfish.altavista.com/

Mman2000
Sep 30, 2003, 09:44 PM
On 2003-09-30 08:38, Nites wrote:
as far as I know there is no FSOD in PSO. The only thing closest in FSOD is when PSO crashes in offline mode (like the game is forced to close) and it doesnt save.. (usually because your computer has conflicts) You crash sometimes online and sometimes IT DOES save but sometimes it doesnt... its weird but its aLOT better than FSOD.

Any online PC game can FSOD, it happens when the program locks up and you have to close it using CTRL+ALT+DEL. You won't lose all your shit, but you might be set back depending on when you last saved.

Para
Sep 30, 2003, 09:49 PM
Well I was referring to the FSOD where you actually lose your items and stuff... not just general FSOD but yes general FSOD does occur once in awhile in PSO PC.

Velocity_7
Oct 1, 2003, 04:33 PM
Posted by broomop:
"i will try contact the makers of cheats (me included contact myself lol) on not making online cheats. This will make the PSO Experiance more enjoyable for people. I myself will play legit because its a "new" step on PSO. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif i will of course exploit anything i can try stuff out and give out cheats. the only difference hopefully will be nobody patching the CRC check so nobody can get online with cheats!"

Basically, this means if you hack for cheats, contact broomop soon. Because we're planning to make sure the game stays legit for everyone.

Kuai
Oct 1, 2003, 08:06 PM
if they implement a period save where it saves anytime something is altered or changed then it will be ok. some of you really have no fucking clue what server side means.

Velocity_7
Oct 2, 2003, 06:26 PM
If you want an example of server-side, think Diablo II. Or Ragnarok Online. Or...whatever MMORPG is out there right now, they're all server-side.

Para
Oct 3, 2003, 07:12 PM
the question is that...

the code structure of PSO is almost completely client side!
will SEGA actually rewrite all that code??