PDA

View Full Version : Anyone else want a Poke'mon MMORPG?

Reece
Sep 28, 2003, 11:39 PM
Damn this would be awsome! Nintendo is brainless to keep making Pokemon for Gameboy systems. Just think of it. Trading your Poke'mon for other players. Walking from One town to the next... Kanto, Jotho and Houen could take days to explore if they really wanted it to! This game would PWN all games

Inu_Ranma
Sep 29, 2003, 01:17 AM
Use alt+0233. That gets the é.

Zaneatron
Sep 29, 2003, 04:56 AM
apparently there is one already being made. what would also be really cool which has also been mentioned is if you could trade online, classic gaming at its online finest

Kent
Sep 29, 2003, 07:07 AM
There was a topic about this quite a while ago, and yes, a Pokemon MMORPG would kick ass.

(Non-standard characters don't work on PSOW)

On 2003-09-29 02:56, Zane-online wrote:
apparently there is one already being made. what would also be really cool which has also been mentioned is if you could trade online, classic gaming at its online finest

...Source?

Reenee
Sep 29, 2003, 08:31 AM
I'm guessing he's talking about the Scenario mode in Pokemon Colliseum, which isn't out till MARCH 2004.

I'm going to be busy with FFXI by then! But noooo, we get Pokemon Shittin' Channel...

Xyhthyx
Sep 29, 2003, 08:57 AM
No, that would be really boring. I played an MMORPG similar to Pokeman called Monster and Me. It's the same idea as Pokemon and it gets boring *really* fast. Go look that game up and play it to see for yourself.

Zaneatron
Sep 29, 2003, 11:43 AM
im not sure where i got it from, it was probably a magazine or a website. i forgot to make my point that this had been done before in another thread, thanks kent for pointing that out.
the website in question aint brilliant, in a way that the updating is far from desireable, not in a "it sucks" way. if it came from there, well who knows it could be true, its made by the future publishing co, heres the website www.gamesradar.com

KodiaX987
Sep 29, 2003, 12:00 PM
I'd rather want a Pokemon FPS. You, as an anthro version of a Pokemon, must get the world rid of all the other Pokemon species and become the supreme species in the universe. Choose from several exciting characters and weapons!

-Pikachu with his Quake Lightning Gun
-Bulbasaur with his Cluster Bombardier
-Charmander with his Fireball Launcher
-Merowth with his Nail Gun
-Tentacruel with his TIE Interceptor Quad Laser Cannon
-Ninetales with his Head-Implanted Sniper Gun
-Eevee with his Grenade Launcher
-And the boss: Mewtwo with his Autoaim Bot Rail Gun!

Zaneatron
Sep 29, 2003, 12:20 PM
On 2003-09-29 10:00, KodiaX987 wrote:
I'd rather want a Pokemon FPS. You, as an anthro version of a Pokemon, must get the world rid of all the other Pokemon species and become the supreme species in the universe. Choose from several exciting characters and weapons!

-Pikachu with his Quake Lightning Gun
-Bulbasaur with his Cluster Bombardier
-Charmander with his Fireball Launcher
-Merowth with his Nail Gun
-Tentacruel with his TIE Interceptor Quad Laser Cannon
-Ninetales with his Head-Implanted Sniper Gun
-Eevee with his Grenade Launcher
-And the boss: Mewtwo with his Autoaim Bot Rail Gun!

anything like this?

http://www.uberlosers.co.uk/pikachudead.GIF

CGoodness
Sep 29, 2003, 06:45 PM
go to http://www.jarusa.com/pokemon

cooking pokemon lol funny stuff

BIZKIT
Sep 29, 2003, 08:15 PM
It should be a Pokemon MMORPG w/o trainers. you pick a pokemon and you run around killin stuff. of course im 17 and people would make fun of me if i play pokemon. Gotta keep up my image you know

Guile
Sep 29, 2003, 08:30 PM
Hmm No, not my thing.

Kent
Sep 30, 2003, 12:31 AM
On 2003-09-29 18:15, BIZKIT wrote:
It should be a Pokemon MMORPG w/o trainers. you pick a pokemon and you run around killin stuff. of course im 17 and people would make fun of me if i play pokemon. Gotta keep up my image you know

Using only one Pokemon would take almost all of the strategic possibilities out of the game, and you'd never be able to beat some opponents.

And uhh... I'm 16, and nobody makes fun of me for playing Pokemon...

pancakebunny
Sep 30, 2003, 08:27 AM
NO, just.....NO.....a pokemon mmorpg would suck, almost as much as a pso card game....bleh

Reenee
Sep 30, 2003, 08:29 AM
On 2003-09-30 06:27, pancakebunny wrote:
NO, just.....NO.....a pokemon mmorpg would suck, almost as much as a pso card game....bleh

You'd think we'd hear the end of these complaints...

pancakebunny
Sep 30, 2003, 08:44 AM
On 2003-09-30 06:29, Reenee wrote:

On 2003-09-30 06:27, pancakebunny wrote:

You'd think we'd hear the end of these complaints...

yeah, you'd think we would....but c'mon...a CARD GAME...dude...a frickin c a r d g a m e ...wtf?

Kent
Sep 30, 2003, 09:25 AM
Episode 3 looks like a lot of fun, mainly because of the strategic aspects of it. Of course, that's probably why you don't like the idea of it...

A Pokemon MMORPG (if done right) would be Nintendo's best move since the original GameBoy games.

Wewt
Sep 30, 2003, 11:25 AM
On 2003-09-29 22:31, Kent wrote:

YOU PLAY POKEMON HAHAHAHAHA http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gifDDDDDDDDDDD

Kent
Sep 30, 2003, 03:40 PM
On 2003-09-30 09:25, WWWWWWWWWWWW wrote:

On 2003-09-29 22:31, Kent wrote:

YOU PLAY POKEMON HAHAHAHAHA http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gifDDDDDDDDDDD

Yeah, isn't it wonderful?

Wewt
Sep 30, 2003, 04:06 PM
Indeed it is. Pokemon is a great game. A true MMORPG on the GameCube, based on Pokemon, would probably blow FFXI out of the water.

P.S. I'm not comparing games, I'm comparing popularity, and fanbases.

pancakebunny
Sep 30, 2003, 06:04 PM
On 2003-09-30 07:25, Kent wrote:
Episode 3 looks like a lot of fun, mainly because of the strategic aspects of it. Of course, that's probably why you don't like the idea of it...

A Pokemon MMORPG (if done right) would be Nintendo's best move since the original GameBoy games.

derrr....no i dont hate it because it requires strategy...i hate it because its a card game.....and dude....dont try to tell me why i dont like somethin, that you like, you fat pilsbury doughboy, pancake eatin, 6th grade slow learning fat boy

Zaneatron
Sep 30, 2003, 06:11 PM
On 2003-09-30 16:04, pancakebunny wrote:

derrr....no i dont hate it because it requires strategy...i hate it because its a card game.....and dude....dont try to tell me why i dont like somethin, that you like, you fat pilsbury doughboy, pancake eatin, 6th grade slow learning fat boy

last time i checked profiles hes was older than you, and dont have a go at him, everyones entitled to theit own opinion and this is far far far off topic.
pokemon mmorpg= the ro><orz (ooh im soo cool)

Kent
Sep 30, 2003, 08:34 PM
On 2003-09-30 16:04, pancakebunny wrote:

...Is that supposed to be an insult? "Pancake eatin?" Whatever. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_rolleyes.gif And for the record: odds are, I learn faster than you, as well as most people.

Making it a card game is just adding a bit more customizability as well as some randomness you have to factor ito your tactics. I don't see what's wrong with that.

Delsaber
Sep 30, 2003, 10:27 PM
I would love a Pokemon MMORPG. I am 17 and I don't give a crap about what someone thinks of me playing Pokemon. I play what is fun.

Oh, and pancakebunny, you called him "..pancake eatin.." That wasn't well planned now, was it? The personal attacks are cheap.

Shattered_weasel
Sep 30, 2003, 10:34 PM
O my friggin god people are still complaining about EP.III

so sad

Kent
Sep 30, 2003, 11:39 PM
On 2003-09-30 20:34, Shattered_weasel wrote:

so sad

It really is pitiful.

Felix
Oct 1, 2003, 12:05 AM
Rune edit: Don't use HTML and don't use those terms again! This is your first warning.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: RuneLateralus on 2003-09-30 23:48 ]</font>

Kent
Oct 1, 2003, 01:30 AM
...HTML doesn't work in posts, it says so when you look to the left of the message body when composing a post. And get rid of the racial slurs lest you wish to be smited by a mod.

Close the damn table in your sig, it screws the forum up.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Kent on 2003-09-30 23:31 ]</font>

Wewt
Oct 1, 2003, 07:59 AM
On 2003-09-30 21:39, Kent wrote:

On 2003-09-30 20:34, Shattered_weasel wrote:

so sad

It really is pitiful.

You should see all the fuss with Counter-Strike 1.6...

Garanz2
Oct 1, 2003, 12:55 PM
A pokemon MMORPG, in my opinion, would only be good if it was done right. It would probably be pretty fun if they cel shaded it, the graphics would fit in with the series, and I think most people would be satisfied if it was like the GB games, but bigger, better, and in 3D.

What I, and probably 99.9% of people DON'T want, is having to play as one of those retarded characters from the series, with lots of shitty cutscenes where poor voice actors make a complete pile of rubbish out of a possibly good game.

People WANT to go round a well designed world, collecting, battling and trading. What they don't want is to have their fun hindered by the TV show's awful characters.