PDA

View Full Version : Halo 2

Thumbalina2k
Sep 29, 2003, 01:24 AM
Sup everyone, I just wanted to let everyone know about the new Halo 2. It has been confirmed by my work and by Microsoft, that if you do not pre-order this game, you will not get it for about two months. The game is slated to come out in March, It is completely finished, but Microsoft is having problems with the online servers. I have been told that they cant even get 10 people online without the servers crashing. So just to let everyone know, You should go down to your local video game store and pre-order this game.

Inu_Ranma
Sep 29, 2003, 01:50 AM
The only thing stopping me from running and ordering it, which is big to me, aside from the fact that I don't yet own an X-box, which is being remedied, is that I have no reason for me to rush to the store to get Halo 2 at all. The team which made Halo 1, Bungie software, has nothing to do with the production of Halo 2. Microsoft bought Bungie post-completion (or at least after the demos were released) and added their own touch on the game. Whether that touch was good or bad, MS had nothing to do with the vast majority of the work that was put into the game. MS has made Halo 2 end to end, therefore until I hear concretely that it is original AND good (ie: not just a new game made from the scraps of Halo 1 reorganized (not talking story. talking graphics engine and gameplay engine), I have no reason to purchase such a game with my hard-earned money.

I'm not saying it will be bad. I'm just saying that I'm not all that sure that it will be good. From what I hear, interestingly, it uses a lower poly-count, but that works to its advantage. (I have sources within the game production industry. Primarily those game coders who wish to boost the business by teaching the design students at Cogswell Polytech.) Whether Halo 2's good or bad, I'm sure that it will be interesting, and that, at least, is to its credit in my own humble eyes.

Xyhthyx
Sep 29, 2003, 09:02 AM
Everyone already knows about Halo 2, I saw the preview and it looks OMFG SW33T!!1!

Inu_Ranma
Sep 29, 2003, 10:10 AM
Quake 2 and 3 also looked sweet before they came out. They turned out to be crap games, though they both had decent engines. Hopefully, Halo 2 doesn't do that.

Kent
Sep 29, 2003, 12:00 PM
...You're a few months late giving us the news.

Dangerous55
Sep 29, 2003, 02:03 PM
Halo 2 is completely finished?

hollowtip
Sep 29, 2003, 07:57 PM
On 2003-09-29 08:10, Inu_Ranma wrote:
Quake 2 and 3 also looked sweet before they came out. They turned out to be crap games

Ummm last time I checked the majority of gamers would disagree whole heartedly with you. Quake 2 and 3 many people consider to be the creme of the crop of FPS goodness.

Rep0
Sep 29, 2003, 07:58 PM
I'M PISSED BECAUSE HALO 2 ISN'T COMING TO PC

I guess I better get Xbox Live :/

Skett
Sep 29, 2003, 08:06 PM
-Im going to get it (basicly for the Live multiplayer) but Im not all that exited about Halo 2 as alot of gamers (as well as pretty much every magazine) are.
-I didn't like the original Halo that much. Dont get me wrong, it was a good game but I dont think it was as good as everyone though it was. Im probibly going to get flamed (at least this isn't as full of Xbox fanboys as other forums *cough*EGMforums*cough*) for my comments, though.

BoUnCeR
Sep 30, 2003, 01:10 PM
Don't worry, it will rock.