PDA

View Full Version : What, exactly, is the GDV trick?

oSmoDiAr2
Sep 29, 2003, 01:34 AM
what do i need to do in order to play just the cca component of the gdv island? something about offline, hitting switches, then logging off or something? and this will work indefinitely until i complete the level offline?

if someone can help clarify this for me, it would be very much appreciated.

thanks in advance

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: oSmoDiAr2 on 2003-09-28 23:35 ]</font>

Sashi
Sep 29, 2003, 04:09 AM
I dunno if you should be asking that here, at all...

Olga-Rappy
Sep 29, 2003, 05:52 AM
It's not a trick... The Red Teleporter takes you to 3 subareas, each with a miniboss (Gibbles, Gi-Gue, and Sinow Spigell I think... haven't played Ep. II in awhile.) Beat each one and hit the switch to disable Emergency lockdown mode. Then it's just a few more invisible ice-spewing sinows, a plethora of infrared laser traps Mission:Impossible style, and an angry Gryphon bent on skewering you.

Sounds fun, eh?

Loser
Sep 29, 2003, 06:06 AM
On 2003-09-29 03:52, Olga-Rappy wrote:
It's not a trick... The Red Teleporter takes you to 3 subareas, each with a miniboss (Gibbles, Gi-Gue, and Sinow Spigell I think... haven't played Ep. II in awhile.) Beat each one and hit the switch to disable Emergency lockdown mode. Then it's just a few more invisible ice-spewing sinows, a plethora of infrared laser traps Mission:Impossible style, and an angry Gryphon bent on skewering you.

Sounds fun, eh?

That one mini boss is the Big Plant thing...Mariculuc of w/e (can't spell it) , not the sinow spigell

Shina
Sep 29, 2003, 06:57 AM
Both of you don't have a clue what he's talking about do you...

¬¬

He's talking about how you can make it so that you never have to run through the SEASIDE, JUNGLE, and MOUNTAIN areas. You do them once and then you never have to do them again. You just run up to the door, a short walk to the boss teleport, and your done.

zimmk2vgc
Sep 29, 2003, 10:10 AM
Is that even possible?

neko-chan
Sep 29, 2003, 10:45 AM
I feel a couple of warnings or even bans... I don't know, maybe it's just me... >_>

zimmk2vgc
Sep 29, 2003, 11:07 AM
On 2003-09-29 08:45, neko-chan wrote:
I feel a couple of warnings or even bans... I don't know, maybe it's just me... >_>

like that sig wont get you banned one of these days...hehehe

ex
Sep 29, 2003, 12:10 PM
if you are talking about just doing the part right before you fight the gal gryphon, you cant, you would have to go and beat jungle, seaside, and mountain everytime.

toxic_420
Sep 29, 2003, 12:44 PM
the topic poster wasnt too clear on what they wanted.
i assume them to mean running through mountain, seaside and jungle offline, then quitting without powering off the machine so you can start an online game and go straight through the cca security door.
is that what you wanted to know?

zimmk2vgc
Sep 29, 2003, 01:53 PM
CCA is like a regular epi 1 level, you cant save your progress. You have to beat the other sub areas first before accessing the main CCA. There is NO legit way of going straght to the CCA

oSmoDiAr2
Sep 29, 2003, 05:47 PM
yeah, i apologize. i made the assumption that everyone knew what the 'gdv' trick was, and i think i was also tired at the time i posted this, which is why it was a little obscure. sorry about that.

but yeah, i know that it is possible, from experience (by fluke) and by having heard about it from other people. as you may know by now, the trick works as such:

the player completes gdv offline, hits all 3 switches, then proceeds to save and quit, without doing cca/gal griffon. supposedly, you can go online after, and load up cca and just run right to the boss pretty much. i think this is supposed to work infinitely until you complete it offline again or something. the details are sketchy to me so i was hoping to get some clarification here.

maybe somone can help me now...?

AngelofEnders
Sep 29, 2003, 06:23 PM
*sigh*

I'll be glad to help you.

First you beat all three stages like you said making sure to hit the switches to unlock CCA. DO NOT open up the CCA door though, just save and quit then go online. Everytime you enter CCA walk up to the door and it should open everytime you go there online like you said.

vegeta000110
Sep 29, 2003, 08:19 PM
BTW, plant boss's name is Mericarol. Anyway, does the GDV trick work for offline?

Sashi
Sep 29, 2003, 08:49 PM
On 2003-09-29 18:19, vegeta000110 wrote:
BTW, plant boss's name is Mericarol. Anyway, does the GDV trick work for offline?

Read AngelofEnders post a little bit more carefully.

oSmoDiAr2
Sep 30, 2003, 01:35 AM
AngelofEnders- ah, thank you so much. that saves me a lot of trouble.

now, it's time to put this glitch to some use. >:O

Shina
Sep 30, 2003, 01:43 AM
On 2003-09-29 11:53, zimmk2vgc wrote:
CCA is like a regular epi 1 level, you cant save your progress. You have to beat the other sub areas first before accessing the main CCA. There is NO legit way of going straght to the CCA

Of course it's not legit. It's a glitch.
you CAN make it so that you NEVER have to run through the 3 subareas offline only. However, if you ever go to the subareas after that, it is like ghost town, and there is no monsters or anything lmao.

[FOR THE RECORD I AM NOT GOING TO TELL ABOUT HOW TO DO IT BECAUSE... well it's against the rules http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif]

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Shina on 2003-09-29 23:50 ]</font>

zimmk2vgc
Oct 1, 2003, 12:51 PM
On 2003-09-29 23:43, Shina wrote:

On 2003-09-29 11:53, zimmk2vgc wrote:

Of course it's not legit. It's a glitch.
you CAN make it so that you NEVER have to run through the 3 subareas offline only. However, if you ever go to the subareas after that, it is like ghost town, and there is no monsters or anything lmao.

[FOR THE RECORD I AM NOT GOING TO TELL ABOUT HOW TO DO IT BECAUSE... well it's against the rules http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif]

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Shina on 2003-09-29 23:50 ]</font>

Its not exactly something like the boss trick, it just enables to save your progress. A good glitch...

Dhylec
Oct 1, 2003, 02:07 PM

umm.. didnt Angle describe how it done above? http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

zimmk2vgc
Oct 2, 2003, 11:36 AM
On 2003-10-01 12:07, Dhylec wrote:

umm.. didnt Angle describe how it done above? http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

As i said this trick shouldn't be axed because its not an easy way of getting exp, it cant help you get anything more, just a save point, but if the mods feel that this is not suitable then i wont argue as it is a glitch, but NOT a manipulation of the machine such as the boss trick.

zimmk2vgc
Oct 2, 2003, 11:37 AM
On 2003-10-01 12:07, Dhylec wrote:

As i said this trick shouldn't be axed because its not an easy way of getting exp, it cant help you get anything more, just a save point, but if the mods feel that this is not suitable then i wont argue as it is a glitch, but NOT a manipulation of the machine such as the boss trick.

Hrith
Oct 2, 2003, 01:46 PM
It can help you in two ways, at least :

1 - If you are looking for a Sinow Berril/Spigell rare.

2 - Experience-wise, doing Gal Gryphon over and over, 24 000 exp each time can be helpful !

SolRiver
Oct 2, 2003, 02:57 PM
I did use the trick to try to find a gal gryphon wing... after my glorious luck... i got nothing from more than 60 tries... that stupid half bird... it did lvl me up quite a few time thou...

Kuai
Oct 2, 2003, 06:20 PM
hello and welcome to last month

oSmoDiAr2
Oct 2, 2003, 06:47 PM
nah, more like 8-9 months ago.

i first stumbled upon the trick back on 1.0. =/

oSmoDiAr2
Oct 19, 2003, 09:42 PM
[bump/update]

still haven't had any success. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif

is there anyone who currently has the trick enabled on one of their own characters, or can offer very specific advice?

here's what i've tried:

attempt 1: ult offline
beat jungle, mountain, seaside; hit all three switches. at end of seaside, took transporter down to cca. did not run up to door -- saved and quit. went online into ult ep2 game, door was locked.

attempts 2&3: normal mode

decided to go to normal to make the ordeal go by quicker and to experiment with any technicalities that may be factored in.

2nd try was essentially the same as the first. 3rd time, tried communicating/getting updates on the status of the lockdown through those, uh, things. still no luck.

most recent attempt:
just did the island "backwards" (started with seaside first). this time, didn't pipe back down to cca. just hit last switch and quit. obviously, it didn't work, or else i wouldn't be here.

if there's anyone that can help me, i will give rares and/or sexual favors to show my gratitude. please come forth if you can offer any potentially useful information at all.

thanks in advance.

Silly_Putty
Oct 19, 2003, 10:42 PM
=/ I don't see how it's a trick and cheating. If you just beat CCA offline, then go online the door is opened. And TTF is probably a better version of this now.

oSmoDiAr2
Oct 19, 2003, 11:55 PM
i'd like to integrate a cca/grypon run into my weekend "workouts", if you will.

ideally...

night 1:
east tower
cca - gal grypon
soul blade
en4

night 2:
west tower
cca - gal grypon
ttf

that keeps things "fresh". ;l

A2K
Oct 20, 2003, 02:39 AM
Why not just do the whole Gal Da Val Island thing? I'm sure you could probably whip through it pretty fast. ;|

Malkavian
Oct 20, 2003, 08:33 AM
Maybe ST fixed it? O.o

heyf00L
Oct 20, 2003, 01:31 PM
Are you sure this is a glitch?