PDA

View Full Version : STUPID GAMECUBE

THOMAS_LARS
Sep 29, 2003, 03:42 PM
I have a gamecube and last night on my birthday SEPT. 28 I save and exit like I usually do and dguess what happens my save pack says it is corrupt and must be deleted i try many times to stop this from happening but all fails so I except the inebitible and delete. Since i did have anothe rsave pack with strong guys no big deal I go in and play both save packs are deleted what a rip off. So I have decided to start over and become a ranger once again but this time i wont use my orange save pack that started this problem. P.S. has anybody ever had this problem happen to them.

Dillon
Sep 29, 2003, 03:47 PM
Memory card corruptions happen more often than you think.

MaxBuster
Sep 29, 2003, 03:53 PM
Any ways to prevent the above from happening? Any ways to BACKUP or COPY your existing character?

neko-chan
Sep 29, 2003, 03:59 PM
PSO save files are pretty unstable. Hell, they've been pretty unstable since PSO ver. 1 was released, more than two years ago. Kudos to Sonic Team, great group of coders and engineers over there.

BTW, it was your birthday, so: happy birthday! Maybe I'm a little bit in late, but I'd suggest you to ask to your parents to buy a USB Memory Card for the Nintendo GameCube for your birthday.

http://www.ncsxshop.com/cgi-bin/shop/DOL-A-M9E.html

In this way you'll be able to periodically create back-ups of your PSO save files and store them safely on your PC.

Good luck with your new RAnger.

Sashi
Sep 29, 2003, 03:59 PM
USB mem card. But there are issues with that, too. You have to start your char on there in the first place, and if you restore from an old save, the time stamp online will reset your char anyway if you go online.

Dillon
Sep 29, 2003, 04:29 PM
Sounds like someone out there *wink wink* needs to make something similar to the Dexdrive for GC. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Loser
Sep 29, 2003, 08:28 PM
yes that would be good , nice , cool. (and w/e else you can think of)