PDA

View Full Version : why cant i find any rare enemies?

Stormshadow
Mar 31, 2001, 10:38 AM
I have logged over 150 hours on my game, am a lvl 79 hunter, and beat the game on all difficuties, as well as the quests, and still haven't even seen a rare enemy! What's up with that? Does it have something to do with my section ID? I'm a WHITILL. Also, why do i keep finding the same weapons? It's getting to the point where I'm almost bored when I play. Any help or suggestions would be awesome!

RiGoRmOrTiS_UK
Mar 31, 2001, 11:04 AM
Don't worry, THuRGooD my hunter has only
come across a red posin lilly planet thingy
and thats it... and i thought cool rare...
wonder what it does... and it didn't do
anything diffrent or drop anything nice...
..so... who cares http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/icon_wink.gif

Fargo
Mar 31, 2001, 11:13 AM
Of the two rares I've seen (at 130 hours) - A Nar lilly and an Al Rappy, only the Al Rappy gave me anything good - FLOWEN'S SHEILD.
Not bad, shame about the 150 point sacrifice to evade though... ugh! And nothing special happened when I got FLOWEN'S SWORD and equipped them together...
Tight arse Nar Lilly didn't give me diddly squat...

Omege12
Mar 31, 2001, 11:46 AM
I'm not sure how they figure out how they appear. I was playing with my brand new character on normal offline, and first thing I see is an Al Rappy. I was disapointed because it was normal, therefor nothing really rare would come out of it. I got a Scape Doll.

Selthik
Mar 31, 2001, 12:34 PM
180 hour here, only saw a HILDEBLUE once, on hard... dropped ogre / power +.. woop...

I want more rare enemies =P

Aberu
Mar 31, 2001, 12:41 PM
for the last time everbody the section ids have nothing to do with anything but the items you find and buy, rare monsters are jus rare. i found one and it was an al rappy, but heres the funny thing i have played 135 hrs on aberu, 25 on tida (both my characters together is 160) and my friend wanted to try out the game and he started playing, the first possible place with rappy's and it was an al rappy only like 10 min. into the game and he found an al rappy, so it is completely random, i killed him for him to make sure he got an item and all it was was a monomate (for it was on normal). jus remember dont freak about it you only jinx it, do the fake in yellow. dont complete that quest though jus go through it mostly and keep doing it.

AdamW
Mar 31, 2001, 04:11 PM
Rare enemies appear pretty damn randomly. All I had seen for the longest time was an Al Rappy until last night when I was helping a friend level up in normal and walk into a room and bam, theres a Pouilly Slime. All it left behind was a crappy Tp/Restorate...something I can buy at the shops. Sigh. The Al Rappy left some rare sheild. I can't remember exactly what it was bc it was a very long time ago.