PDA

View Full Version : Why buy domestic?

Barubary6
Sep 29, 2003, 07:01 PM
I've talked to many people who have said they can't wait for the American release of Episode 3 or 1 & 2 Plus. Why not just get the Japanese version? I can think of many advantages:

- Comes out 2 months earlier or more
- The game is the same, or lower, price as the domestic version
- The online fees are less than half the domestic fees
- The online fee system is controlled by you: *you* renew, not Sega
- When you cancel your subscription, you get the remainder of the time you paid for
- You get a division of Sega that cares about the game

There are only 3 disadvantages I can think of:

- You must solder a switch to your Gamecube or buy a Freeloader
- You don't get technical support (not that there is much domestically)
- By importing, there is a slight risk of being stranded due to bug fix releases (Ver 1.1)

The benefits far outweigh the costs here, in my opinion... Especially with Episode 1 and 2 Plus, because it will be the least buggy of any GC PSO.

-- Barubary

CGoodness
Sep 29, 2003, 07:10 PM
But most of un can't read Japanese I'm guessing. And wouldn't we have to have a Japanese GCN to play it on?

Riu_000
Sep 29, 2003, 07:11 PM
Will PSO plus be compatible with the American version of EP 1 & 2?

Barubary6
Sep 29, 2003, 07:20 PM
On 2003-09-29 17:10, CGoodness wrote:
But most of un can't read Japanese I'm guessing. And wouldn't we have to have a Japanese GCN to play it on?

PSO has had an English mode in every non-Trial edition of the game. My notes cover the need for a Japanese GC (modifying it or using a Freeloader).

-- Barubary

Barubary6
Sep 29, 2003, 07:21 PM
On 2003-09-29 17:11, Riu_000 wrote:
Will PSO plus be compatible with the American version of EP 1 & 2?

No =/ I suppose that for those already heavily invested in EXP on the American version that's a big disadvantage >_<

-- Barubary

Riu_000
Sep 29, 2003, 07:36 PM
Dang >_< Hopefully it will be released here some time in the future..

A2K
Sep 29, 2003, 07:53 PM
Er... last time I checked there wasn't a language option in the Xbox version.

Jkid
Sep 29, 2003, 07:57 PM
You have to change the language setting for the Xbox version by going to the Dashboard and go into the "Langauge" option and selecting "English"

Sashi
Sep 29, 2003, 08:53 PM
I know I'm importing Ep 3. I modded my GC, got ver 1.0, then wasted money by hopping to the US version when it came out (I had preordered already >_< )

Then I bought ver 1.1 as well.

I just need more time out of my mod I installed. Plus, its a cool mod, where the power light changes depending on what region it is set to. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif

A2K
Sep 29, 2003, 09:11 PM
Oh? Seriously? Well, that's slightly more complicated than something in the in-game Options menu but thanks for the info!