PDA

View Full Version : I knew EGM hated Nintendo!

Reece
Sep 29, 2003, 07:11 PM
I can prove it! Any gamer knows that the GCN PSO is doing better than the XBox Version. But look what it says at the bottom of page 42 in the newest mag.
SEGA ANNOUNCED PLANS TO CLOSE DOWN SERVERS FOR ITS ONLINE PSO, SWITH THE THE XBOX EDITION! Sigh... They could said GCN or XBOX version. Also When PSOW was mentioned in the EGM it said Check PSOW for all your XBOX PSO Needs...I think they forgot that DC and GCN have it also...

Dangerous55
Sep 29, 2003, 07:17 PM
Your trying to be funny right?

Reece
Sep 29, 2003, 07:23 PM
No...It says that. I am not being a fanboy but really. Also there was a funny article bout PS Generation gamers calling Pong and Donkey Kong Crap :/

xHIGHONLIFEx
Sep 29, 2003, 07:26 PM
So what, they're closing down GC and Xbox online servers???

Reece
Sep 29, 2003, 07:27 PM
no no no! lol Theu are talking bout the DC servers which sadly have a few more days left.

s.TiNgEr
Sep 29, 2003, 07:31 PM
don't see why they hate GCN... maybe they suggested xbox because it's newer?

xHIGHONLIFEx
Sep 29, 2003, 07:34 PM
your post wasn't making sense... it looked like it you said that server was going down for xbox... Me=Dense...

Dangerous55
Sep 29, 2003, 07:43 PM
On 2003-09-29 17:23, Reece wrote:
No...It says that. I am not being a fanboy but really. Also there was a funny article bout PS Generation gamers calling Pong and Donkey Kong Crap :/

Wow, I looked at it, yeah there REALLY anti-GC.

(sarcasm)

Come on, do you really think a world-wide magazine is going to be fanboyish? Please.

Loser
Sep 29, 2003, 08:02 PM
Well...

Inu_Ranma
Sep 30, 2003, 12:37 AM
Most magazines tend to be fanboyish, actually, one way or another. PC Gamer, for example, was Eidos' bitch for a very long time. Magazines are paid to mention certain companies' products, and to downplay others. Game Informer, for example, is remarkably uninformed, and will post rumors about certain consoles as if they were true, giving false info which makes certain consoles more popular, etc. The magazines have to cater to their owners, and, consequently, to the people who are paying them the most. If the readers of IGN are going to be mostly X-box fanboys, then IGN is much more likely to say better things about X-box. That's just the way it goes. It's neither bad nor good. It just is.

Reece
Sep 30, 2003, 12:40 AM
On 2003-09-29 22:37, Inu_Ranma wrote:
Most magazines tend to be fanboyish, actually, one way or another. PC Gamer, for example, was Eidos' bitch for a very long time. Magazines are paid to mention certain companies' products, and to downplay others.

Yea it's not like EGM favors (Cough*EA*Cough) any companys

NKOTB
Sep 30, 2003, 12:52 AM
EGM has said in the past they prefer the Xbox version because of voice chat.

RuneLateralus
Sep 30, 2003, 12:54 AM
What is next? Gamespot giving an XBox game a good score? Oh the humanity!

It was probably just a mix up. Don't worry about it.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: RuneLateralus on 2003-09-29 22:55 ]</font>

Aredhel
Sep 30, 2003, 08:37 AM
Actually, I believe that the GC version of PSO was rated .5 more than the X-box version - the GCPSO got a 10! and a 9.0 and a 9.5. the XBPSO got 9.5 9.5 and 9.0? I think that's how it goes...maybe memory doesn't serve me correctly - I don't really feel like rooting through old magazines to find out. I suppose that different people may have rated each one too...hmmmmmm

GCPSO ROCKS!

HAh!

http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Aredhel on 2003-09-30 06:37 ]</font>

-BK-
Sep 30, 2003, 08:48 AM
Actually, EGM is biased. Can't stand the magazine, reviews are horrible.

Kent
Sep 30, 2003, 09:16 AM
We all know that EGM is full of bullshit...

Zaneatron
Sep 30, 2003, 12:11 PM
On 2003-09-29 17:31, Stinger08 wrote:
don't see why they hate GCN... maybe they suggested xbox because it's newer?

if your a newer gamer, and did some research you would find the GC being the better option, not cos it is teh ro><orz, but because it has more quests available and gba link up. so theres generally more to do. it also has a larger amount of players. but it depends on the person in question. i would also like to point out that the GC version does also improve typing a lot if you use a keyboard.
*waits for flames about xbox having a kb(?)*

Dhylec
Sep 30, 2003, 12:16 PM
i dont read game mags anymore..
so i think my ignorance is somewhat a bliss http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

NKOTB
Sep 30, 2003, 01:40 PM
On 2003-09-30 10:11, Zane-online wrote:

research you would find the GC being the better option...because gba link up.
[/quote]

HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA

I could care less which one is better, but that is certainly not going to convince me GC is better.

Dangerous55
Sep 30, 2003, 02:09 PM
On 2003-09-30 06:48, -BK- wrote:
Actually, EGM is biased. Can't stand the magazine, reviews are horrible.

How are they biased? Will someone please tell me?

Temjin-On
Sep 30, 2003, 03:30 PM
On 2003-09-30 10:16, Dhylec wrote:
i dont read game mags anymore..
so i think my ignorance is somewhat a bliss http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Yea, i dont need gaming mags, they have gone downhill. I would read if there was one that wasnt baised. PS FLAME EGM! FLAME THEM TO DEATH!

HotWaterDeath
Oct 1, 2003, 08:05 AM
I don't see why everyone is freaking bashing on EGM, because as I see it's the ONLY decent gaming mag out there (Sheesh! just look at a Gamepro if you don't believe me.) I think they have a fair assessment of most games (Although I tend to be a little more harsh in my assessment of games) and you get the general three person perspective. If you want something praising the Cube like it's "God's Gift to Gaming" then go pick up a crappy Nintendo Power.

Well I have to admit I was slightly irritated when I saw that Mark gave Windwaker a 9.5, but that's just a minor gripe.

-BK-
Oct 1, 2003, 09:10 AM
When I look at a gaming mag, I look at how they base their reviews. EGM will compare games across consoles and even across genre's (don't ask for examples, I through out all the EGM's that I DID have). I personally like GamePro better, as they compare games only to other games of the same genre on the same console. If they have nothing to compare it to, then they don't compare and just give you their opinion of the game. My idea way of writing reviews, though, is to not even score it. I write what I liked about the game, what I didn't like about it, and suggest who might like it; after that it's up to whoever is reading to decide if they want to try out the game.