PDA

View Full Version : server side saving??!?!?! Blessing or a curse?!?!

ilr2000
Sep 30, 2003, 01:20 PM
I just read what you've probably read dozens of times, that the PC version of PSO ep II is going to have server side saving. The very very very very very very very very very good: HUGE slant in duping and cheating. (Diablo II's online mode uses server side saves and cheating is pretty damn rare over there.) Also FSODX will probably be completely eliminated.

The bad: All your time on any other version of PSO has been a complete waste. Throw away your high level char and start from scratch... yet again. We'll probably also have to wait FOREVER for the quests to be released from the beginning one at a time over a span of X years.

*sigh*

Para
Sep 30, 2003, 01:28 PM
the problem is also that there is no offline mode...
i want to be able to play offline when im NOT on the internet.

VioletSkye
Sep 30, 2003, 01:31 PM
On 2003-09-30 11:20, ilr2000 wrote:
I just read what you've probably read dozens of times, that the PC version of PSO ep II is going to have server side saving. The very very very very very very very very very good: HUGE slant in duping and cheating. (Diablo II's online mode uses server side saves and cheating is pretty damn rare over there.) Also FSODX will probably be completely eliminated.

The bad: All your time on any other version of PSO has been a complete waste. Throw away your high level char and start from scratch... yet again. We'll probably also have to wait FOREVER for the quests to be released from the beginning one at a time over a span of X years.

*sigh*

Just want to clarify a few things.
1. Online closed battlenet is saved server side. Open battlenet uses the chars that are saved client saide.
2. There is TONS of cheating going on in D2, even on the closed servers. One of the major hopes with the final 1.10 patch will be to try and stop all the duping that has occurred. Also look at the D2Hackit program and its numerous plugins, not to mention Maphack.

Granted there is less cheating and its generally more difficult to do, it still exists. Also remember that the game files will all be on the harddrive. The packet editting will be alot easier for those that can't/don't have their GC's on a network. Personally, I think it has greater potential for hacking then the GC version despite having server side saves.

Android8968
Sep 30, 2003, 06:34 PM
WHAT NO OFFLINE??!?!? where did you hear that?

Kuai
Sep 30, 2003, 06:39 PM
good. even tho this is the worst game to be played constantly online at least you hardcore legits will shut up.

Solidus_Snake
Sep 30, 2003, 10:06 PM
A blessing from the Heavens

DarkShinjaru
Sep 30, 2003, 10:14 PM
There is offline play, from what I hear, but you cant use offline chars on Online games, or vice versa.

Butoden
Oct 1, 2003, 03:19 PM
That still sucks, but at least they're taking action against dupers...

Saiffy
Oct 1, 2003, 03:57 PM
On 2003-09-30 16:39, Kuai wrote:
good. even tho this is the worst game to be played constantly online at least you hardcore legits will shut up.

if its such a terrible game why are u still here?