PDA

View Full Version : GC: Is this ok!? BUYING RARES OF EBAY!?!?!

hunkd379
Sep 30, 2003, 03:31 PM
Yesterday, I bout 230 ultra rare items off ebay for 10.00 from a kid in canada. Give me your feedback. What do you think about this.

BonusKun
Sep 30, 2003, 03:37 PM
Anyone who willing gives money to someone for items that are not real I count as having no sense.

Period.

Kent
Sep 30, 2003, 03:46 PM
On 2003-09-30 13:37, BonusKun wrote:
Anyone who willing gives money to someone for items that are not real I count as having no sense.

Period.

What he said.

One of my friends buys Diablo 2: LOD items online, that's pretty stupid, but at least he gives some to me occasionally.

The_Hero_Of_Time
Sep 30, 2003, 04:03 PM
you could just go online and get the rares for free, the only rare i could think if in the group that would be semi worth the money would be a real neis claw.

BonusKun
Sep 30, 2003, 04:29 PM
Taken from my private message box from hunkd379 .

Your feedback on my post is astonishing looking at the time you wasted on making your character in PSO lv.200!!! Whats worse?

What's worse?

That I actually enjoyed the journey getting to Level 200 than trying to get a quick fix? If you're that bored of this game then go play something else and quit your bitching.

Spending 1/4 of my daily wage on toys for my characters or...

1/4th? Out of 10 bucks so you make like 40 bucks a week or what?

Seriously get over it.

You just paid real money for items you cannot even physically touch. Half of this game is actually hunting for all these toys as you call them. You just defeated half of the purpose of this game by proving you're not willing to show any patience.

Spending 1/2 of my life playing a video game?

Thats the way I look at it.

Yes it's amazing that some of us actually enjoy this game so much that there are sites like this dedicated to this game.

It's fucking amazing isn't it? Word of advice, don't PM me again with this lame ass excuse to try and justify that you were stupid enough to pay real money for items in a game that you could have gotten or found in due time had you actually played the game from the start.

Lazy ass....

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: BonusKun on 2003-09-30 14:30 ]</font>

Shina
Sep 30, 2003, 04:36 PM
No, that's not ok... That's weak.

ilr2000
Sep 30, 2003, 04:55 PM
I believe you just paid 10 dollars for 250 dupes. What I mean is... chances are next week he'll be back on ebay selling the same 250 rares for another ten bucks. *shrugs* It's your money.

PABLOparavida
Sep 30, 2003, 05:48 PM
exactly. Just go to vega and ask for dupes if you're that desperate. WHy buy items when you can get them for free?

neko-chan
Sep 30, 2003, 06:08 PM
On 2003-09-30 13:46, Kent wrote:
One of my friends buys Diablo 2: LOD items online, that's pretty stupid, but at least he gives some to me occasionally.

Do you understand there's something not coherent in your sentence, right?

Suppa_Buddha
Sep 30, 2003, 06:17 PM
Theres no point you can get those weapons online from almost anyone. You could of just gave me that money for nothing.

Mixfortune
Sep 30, 2003, 06:32 PM
They were all dupes, or the vast majority of them.
You basically gave him money for duping.

Thanks for supporting it.

Kuai
Sep 30, 2003, 06:33 PM
i got 800 bucks from my EQ account but in EQ these things actually take some time to acquire. But selling items on PSO is pointless since you can get any item for free if you just ask.

Solidus_Snake
Sep 30, 2003, 07:02 PM
Pitifull...

The_Hero_Of_Time
Sep 30, 2003, 07:31 PM
w00t, go BonusKun, hey I have a question to you Bonus....HOw many hours do you have on PSO? Cause you put your character there almost everyday. hahah, Im jsut wondering....Im guessing at least 1000 maybe

Im smelling a lock on this topic

Razor_Burn
Sep 30, 2003, 07:39 PM
The Sonic Team never made a rule against it, but in my opinion, is very sad of you to do so. I mean, like the others said, you can get them for free online (Unlike me.). And they could pull a trick on you too instead of giving you your promised stuff...

Loser
Sep 30, 2003, 07:47 PM
I'm guessing S N K has alone over 1,000 hours

Dhylec
Sep 30, 2003, 08:36 PM
On 2003-09-30 14:55, ilr2000 wrote:
I believe you just paid 10 dollars for 250 dupes. What I mean is... chances are next week he'll be back on ebay selling the same 250 rares for another ten bucks. *shrugs* It's your money.

sad.. but sound so true http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_mad.gif http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

DarkShinjaru
Sep 30, 2003, 10:05 PM
Doesn't take long to get 250 duped items from other ships. A week at tops if you decide to take it slow; a week. $10 is more than what a monthly hunter's license costs, so you just lost money, and game time.

Auracom
Sep 30, 2003, 10:10 PM
Bad idea... I won't repeat whats already been said though you've been beat over the head enough. I guess ten bucks isnt that bad... but still man you couldve payed another month on you HL and still ended up with all the dupes you desired... sadly. But I guess you dont really care that much for the game at all. Enjoy your dupes... which cost nothing to make.

http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_chicken.gif

Kent
Sep 30, 2003, 10:15 PM
On 2003-09-30 16:08, neko-chan wrote:

On 2003-09-30 13:46, Kent wrote:

Do you understand there's something not coherent in your sentence, right?

What's incoherent, the fact that I'm preying apon his stupidity?

Shattered_weasel
Sep 30, 2003, 10:15 PM
i will dupe and sell 250 ultra rare items on Ebay.....go ebay master of the websites

Riu_000
Sep 30, 2003, 10:57 PM
Haha..this reminds of a topic some kid made on Gfaqs, were he spent 10 bucks on ADDLOTS!!

Sarah_Tenshi
Oct 1, 2003, 12:51 AM
I have to agree with SNK, that was the dumbest thing Ive heard yet on here! Hell, if you want rares, do what they said above and go to vega! Or you can start hunting them yourself. There's people like myself whos willing to help others hunt down what they're after, but damn, that sucks.

neko-chan
Oct 1, 2003, 02:07 AM
On 2003-09-30 20:15, Kent wrote:

The fact you're criticizing him about his decisions, but then you're taking advantage from them.

That guy got a really good friend.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: neko-chan on 2003-10-01 00:16 ]</font>

Coxy
Oct 1, 2003, 03:18 AM
On 2003-10-01 00:07, neko-chan wrote:

On 2003-09-30 20:15, Kent wrote:

The fact you're criticizing him about his decisions, but then you're taking advantage from them.

That guy got a really good friend.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: neko-chan on 2003-10-01 00:16 ]</font>

Damn right, but i kinda think if the other guy is stupid enough to give them away then meh, thats his problem

anyway, my list of things i'm gonna sell on ebay

My soul
My conscience
A long wait
Some sticks i found on the floor near a tree
my neighbours children

Long live ebay http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

Spider
Oct 1, 2003, 04:52 AM
I dont really think having a rare is that great, just when you've played for ages, sloughtered endless hoardes of monsters, and find a rare weapon YOU can use (I'm a pinkal hunter :s 4 usable rares in 60 or so hours!) just getting it out and using it for the first time after YOU got it feels so damn good, and its way more fun that way.

Dragon_Knight
Oct 1, 2003, 09:21 AM
Coxy- Sadly you can't sell people or parts of people on ebay (soul included, but your technicaly not selling an item anyway) I was thinking of selling my used pens and seeing how much I got out of them.

Coxy
Oct 1, 2003, 09:29 AM
On 2003-10-01 07:21, Dragon_Knight wrote:
Coxy- Sadly you can't sell people or parts of people on ebay (soul included, but your technicaly not selling an item anyway) I was thinking of selling my used pens and seeing how much I got out of them.

Don't ruin the dream man http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

back when ebay was first around some guy sold his soul and made 11 dollars :| lol http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Demonscale
Oct 1, 2003, 10:07 AM
Thats weak to pay money for rares. Even more pathetic is that there are PSO rares for sale on ebay -.-

zimmk2vgc
Oct 1, 2003, 12:33 PM
buying rares can mean three things:
1. your incredibly stupid
2. you have to much money to waste
3. both

NodMan
Oct 1, 2003, 01:14 PM
I think it is ok as long as you have the money and you want dupped/hacked rares.

s.TiNgEr
Oct 1, 2003, 03:08 PM
your money. It's ok

Kuai
Oct 1, 2003, 08:15 PM
On 2003-10-01 13:08, Stinger08 wrote:
your money. It's ok

Agree. It's your money. Why care if some poor kiddies whos parents won't let them touch their CC complain about how you spend your money?

Bill
Oct 1, 2003, 08:29 PM
Have you guys noticed that he hasnt posted back? Its because everyone is being ass's to him.

JavaMoon
Oct 1, 2003, 10:38 PM
On 2003-10-01 18:29, Bill wrote:
Have you guys noticed that he hasnt posted back? Its because everyone is being ass's to him.

Well what do you expect? He comes to post saying that he bought 250 rares on a messageboard. What, were we supposed to praise him and say "Dayum! You made out like a bandit! Good job!"? An attempt to brag has been foiled and he doesn't like it. *shrug*

By the way, it's asses, not ass's. There's no "ass is" and the ass doesn't own anything.

polishedweasel
Oct 2, 2003, 03:07 AM
On 2003-09-30 14:55, ilr2000 wrote:

*looks at paypal account*

What?! I'm just cashing in on these morons. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

Rapture
Oct 2, 2003, 06:12 AM
Pretty bloody stupid to buy somthing that dosen't physically exist. What will happen if you corruptm wasted your money m8!!

oeagrus
Oct 2, 2003, 12:43 PM
Hey, if it helps you have more fun, then by all means spend the $10 and have a blast with all your new toys.

I did the same thing back in Mid-May for the Xbox version. I won't sell or trade any of the items I got, but it's fun having an inventory full of weird items and pulling them out occasionally. Those maracas, guitars, and giant fans are a hoot!

And sure you could theoretically try to get people to give them to you for free, but then you'd have to deal with more rude people like the ones who replied above.

So don't listen to what the little whiners on this site say like "oh you're a loser for spending money on imaginary items." Buy what you want and have a lot of fun while playing... that's all that matters.

ABDUR101
Oct 2, 2003, 12:47 PM
That last reply hit the nail on the head. It's his money, thats the point of it all. I've seen worse things to spend your money on, and people do it alot more often.

But, he did ask what others thought about it, and when you make something public, you have to bear the brunt of both ends of the spectrum.

Cut out the flaming though, yeah? =)

BlazingTiger
Oct 2, 2003, 03:16 PM
On 2003-10-01 20:38, JavaMoon wrote:

On 2003-10-01 18:29, Bill wrote:

Well what do you expect? He comes to post saying that he bought 250 rares on a messageboard. What, were we supposed to praise him and say "Dayum! You made out like a bandit! Good job!"? An attempt to brag has been foiled and he doesn't like it. *shrug*

By the way, it's asses, not ass's. There's no "ass is" and the ass doesn't own anything.

I didn't mean to laugh but I had to...

Personally, I have better things to do with $10, but he can do what he wants with his allowance. Some of us have to work. I would have stopped at McDonalds and picked up some lunch or something, but who cares, its still his cash (or parents).

Barubary6
Oct 2, 2003, 05:22 PM
I could have made a lot of money by hacking people's Gamecube characters and making items then selling them on eBay. But I would feel very very dirty if I did that, somewhat like a whore >_<

Some people say I'm stupid for not taking the opportunity... I'm not so into money that I need to stoop to that level, I guess. =/

-- Barubary

monkeyfist
Oct 2, 2003, 05:31 PM
once greenbacks are put on the table, a trade has gone too far.

Goose
Oct 2, 2003, 07:02 PM
It's not that bad of an idea to sell rares online. Heck, as long as you have someone to buy them from you, it's a pretty good way of making chump change http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

monkeyfist
Oct 2, 2003, 07:05 PM
On 2003-10-02 17:02, Goose wrote:
It's not that bad of an idea to sell rares online. Heck, as long as you have someone to buy them from you, it's a pretty good way of making chump change http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

agreed *registers at ebay*

HairProneHalo
Oct 2, 2003, 07:51 PM
On 2003-10-02 15:22, Barubary6 wrote:
I could have made a lot of money by hacking people's Gamecube characters and making items then selling them on eBay. But I would feel very very dirty if I did that, somewhat like a whore >_<

Some people say I'm stupid for not taking the opportunity... I'm not so into money that I need to stoop to that level, I guess. =/

-- Barubary

Sweaty, smelly, green, sex-posed cash...>> Want money now? Of course you do! =D

Minty
Oct 4, 2003, 02:02 PM
Hey! What if they were REAL versions of PSO weapons! I'd defenetly buy them for ten bucks! Unless they were dupes. Like this one time I baught a screwdriver and discovered it was a dupe. >_<'

Reaper_090
Oct 4, 2003, 05:15 PM
DUDES! Think of it this way. You pay money for food right? Well, you dont HAVE to pay for delicious take-outs and stuff. You could pay much less and eat gruel every day. The reason we pay extra is because we enjoy it. We like the tasty food.

You could also compare it by using the 'ol pizza excuse. $10 is like a medium pizza with maybe a stick of garlic bread and soda. pizza? or 250 PSo rares? Hell i think going without one pizza wont harm anyone.

Also check this out : Buying 250 PSO rares last a hell of a lot longer than scoffing down a pizza. Sure the rares wont last forever, but then, what does nowadays? You buy a game, you could get bored of it. You get a stereo, it could get severely broken or have pizza dropped on it (see paragraph above)

In life Money = enjoyment
different people spend it on different things , but always recieve the sme thing - fun!

ALSO!- $10 is nothin. I could piss out $10

All in all, go for it. Spend your money and have fun. Were all gonna die in the end anyway.

P.S By the way

but who cares, its still his cash (or parents).

I dont think he would trade his parents for PSO rares....

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Reaper_090 on 2003-10-04 15:18 ]</font>

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Reaper_090 on 2003-10-04 15:18 ]</font>