PDA

View Full Version : USB memory card

DOG21313
Sep 30, 2003, 07:19 PM
Ok, first of all... I really don't know about wether this belongs here or in tech support, and I'm really having some doubts, so sorry if I'm wrong... anyways...

I was planning on getting a USB memory card for my PSO data so I don't have to worry about FSOD or FSOD-X because I could just reload my data, but the problem is I heard there are some side effects to reloading my USB data after FSOD-X and getting online with it. Could someone tell me what exactly these effects are? I don't care if I have to restart just a few levels, I just don't want to have to completly restart my character from square one. So what happens if you try to get online with a USB after reloading the data?

Mman2000
Sep 30, 2003, 08:11 PM
shoot where do you even GET a USB mem card, are they availible in the US?

CGoodness
Sep 30, 2003, 09:19 PM
I heard that you can't go online with a USB card because it will reset the data on it or something and you'd have to keep making new characters.

VioletSkye
Sep 30, 2003, 09:43 PM
You CAN use the USB card to go online. The problem lies in whether or not you need to reload the info. What will happen in that case, is that you will initially get an error saying the that file you are using has been modified or something to that effect. It will then delete your items and I think (not positive) any materials that you used. However, your level and exp will be unaffected. Ergo, I would recommend backing up your file regularly and saving the items to a different save file. That way, if you need to reload your char, you won't have lost much and then you can easily reload the items you lost. I'm too tired and too lazy to go into any more specifics, but it ain't rocket science so I'm sure you'll get the gist of what I'm saying http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

DOG21313
Sep 30, 2003, 09:44 PM
Yes, I do. So could I save backups of all my materials and items, and if I ever have to reload the data, I can just re-use all the materials and get my weapons back, right?

VioletSkye
Sep 30, 2003, 09:45 PM
On 2003-09-30 19:44, DOG21313 wrote:
Yes, I do. So could I save backups of all my materials and items, and if I ever have to reload the data, I can just re-use all the materials and get my weapons back, right?

Yep. exactly http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif

Sashi
Sep 30, 2003, 09:52 PM
It should be noted as well that you still can't copy characters from normal mem cards to this one. You would have to start a character on it to use it, and level it up, or just use it as a mule character.

VioletSkye
Sep 30, 2003, 09:53 PM
Basically, I have 4 different folders with saves. I have one folder for Materials, another for Specials/Grinders, a third for tekked Items and a final folder that used to hold the chars that I played. If you ever FSODX, load all the items and materials that you want to use onto another char on a different memory card. Then reload the USB card with your latest character backup file. Then go online to and let it tell you the file is modified and restart. After that you can go online again just fine. You can then start a multiplayer game using the USB card and the different card thats holding all the items that you want to transfer to your main char. Also like Sashi mentioned, you'll need to start a new char on the USB card.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: VioletSkye on 2003-09-30 19:55 ]</font>

DOG21313
Sep 30, 2003, 10:01 PM
Yes, I know, I was planning on doing that... My HUmars getting boring, and I tried melee FOmars and like em a whole lot, so my friend and I are starting new characters so we don't have to worry wbout corruption... Thanks! Now I can finally get one!

BTW: U have one? Cool! Thanks.

VioletSkye
Sep 30, 2003, 10:04 PM
On 2003-09-30 20:01, DOG21313 wrote:
Yes, I know, I was planning on doing that... My HUmars getting boring, and I tried melee FOmars and like em a whole lot, so my friend and I are starting new characters so we don't have to worry wbout corruption... Thanks! Now I can finally get one!

BTW: U have one? Cool! Thanks.

yeah, I've had mine for quite awhile http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif