PDA

View Full Version : anime: subbed or dubbed?

JohanCC
Sep 30, 2003, 09:46 PM
Do you prefere watching anime with subtitles or voice dubs?

xHIGHONLIFEx
Sep 30, 2003, 09:51 PM
Personally, I like some dubbed and some subbed... Certain Anime's have annoying voices in Japanese or in English...

JohanCC
Sep 30, 2003, 09:53 PM
i think excel from excel saga is extremely annoying in english

xHIGHONLIFEx
Sep 30, 2003, 09:58 PM
In Love Hina, Kitsune's southern accent in English is annoying... And then when DBZ was jus shown on WB at 6:00 Saturday Mornings, They had it in Japanese on the International Channel, and Goku's coice was extremely annoying....

ABDUR101
Sep 30, 2003, 10:14 PM
Damn right Kitsune's southern voice is annoying. After watching fansubs and then to try out the english dub, I nearly blew chunks from the crap-tastic-ness of it.

Hellsing's sub is supurb, and it's dub is ok, but in the end it really just depends on how it was all done.

Some dubs are great, others suck. I myself can enjoy pretty much every sub, and only watch them unless I can't handle the dub.

*edit*
...blew junks? The hell kind of typo is that.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: ABDUR101 on 2003-10-01 09:11 ]</font>

UltimateEnigma
Sep 30, 2003, 10:17 PM
Hellsings cool and all but they left the series with a cliffhanger..

FinalMasterM
Sep 30, 2003, 10:37 PM
Sub'd... there are some good dub's.

I love Love Hina and all, but I'm afraid of buying the domestic release due to all the people I hear talking bad about the dub.

Kent
Sep 30, 2003, 11:42 PM
On 2003-09-30 20:37, FinalMasterM wrote:

I love Love Hina and all, but I'm afraid of buying the domestic release due to all the people I hear talking bad about the dub.

Don't anime DVDs usually come with both English and Japanese voice tracks? My Outlaw Star DVDs did.

FinalMasterM
Oct 1, 2003, 12:06 AM
On 2003-09-30 21:42, Kent wrote:

On 2003-09-30 20:37, FinalMasterM wrote:

Don't anime DVDs usually come with both English and Japanese voice tracks? My Outlaw Star DVDs did.

Duh... I know that, but it's kinda pointless seeing how I've already imported the whole series (specials and all) with sub's. The only reason I'd buy the domestics are to have the dub's.

starhealer
Oct 1, 2003, 06:32 AM
Subtitles please.

There are a few good dubs out there, but they're few and far between for the most part. I personally liked the Slayers dub, for instance, though I'd take a subtitled version over it. Just my opinion.

And it's funny, my brother says the same thing about Goku's Japanese voice being annoying...I never had a problem with it.

rena-ko
Oct 1, 2003, 07:56 AM
sub over dub anyday - improves reading spead *laughs*

(most dubs are poorly done, but even though some might be welldone, i'd prefer the original voice acting anyday)

mostly i prefer manga over anime though, but some series are exceptional (Cowboy Bebop for example, manga is awful)...

ssephiroth_da_hunter
Oct 1, 2003, 11:10 AM
the Love Hina english voices were crap. Cowboy Beebop probably has the best dubbed english voices. But i always watch my anime DVDs in japanese, sounds cooler to me.

s.TiNgEr
Oct 1, 2003, 12:27 PM
I like subtitles the best....anyone that can read should O_o

BoUnCeR
Oct 1, 2003, 02:48 PM
It's a crime to dub most anime series/movies/whatever