PDA

View Full Version : Sonic Team checking for hack items/weapons?

5KY
Oct 1, 2003, 12:05 PM
This is a bit long but it is true

Yesterday i came across a team called free al rappy, so i went in to check it out just for fun (actually i was more like bored). After i went in there, there were 2 lvl 1 dude and a lvl 5 dude standing there doing nothing. When i went up to them, they ask if i want a free al rappy. Sure enough, i told them "sure why not". Then they ask if i was a certified sonic team member or something similar. I told them "no". Then they ask if i read the sonic team license agreement when i first go on PSO. I told them "no" again. Then they claim themselves as sonic team members looking for hack and dupe items and can ban my hunter's license because i violated the license agreement by giving out or accepting dupe and hack items. Then one of them say they should give me a chance since i didn't read the license agreement. They told me to hold on as they pull up from their system to see if i have used a hack item before and then they said i did. So after a bit dicussion by themselves they agreed to give me a chance if i participate in their item survey/checking. They said if i disagree to participate or quit the game right now. They will ban my hunter's license since they have logged me in their system already. (Like i have a choose)I told them i will participate. Then they ask me to pick 30 items from my bank to be examine to see if they were hack items. They told me to look for weapon with usual high % and rare items such as weapons, armors to be examine. After carefully choosing 15 to 20 items to be examine. they opened a trade window for me to add those items to be examine. They looked at my 15 to 20 weapons and they said that they have to take away my Kaladbolg because it was hacked. I asked them how that weapon was hacked if it only have a 25% on beast. Then they told me that naturally Kaladbolg goes up to only 15 to 20%. So i gave them my Kaladbolg with joy and relief (thank god they don't have to check every item =P) Then they thank me for participating said any hacked or dupe item i gave them, they can find out who(hunter's license wise) hacked or duped it.
After that, i waved my hand saying goodbye and left while inside i said "so long, suckers. hahahha"

Do sonic team really check for hack and dupe items or i was the sucker after all?

note: base on ther voice, they sound like 25+ yr old. Can voice masking do that?

Soukosa
Oct 1, 2003, 12:24 PM
People have talked about this before and as far I can see, those people were fakes. Why would ST send out people to check for this when they can setup the servers to do so? Plus, that Kaladbolg bit just screams "fake". A certain weapon is not limited to a certain range. Legitly, any weapon can have -10% to 100% in any area, including Kaladbolgs.

Hrith
Oct 1, 2003, 12:36 PM
Obviously fake, real ST "players", if there are any, wouldn't need to ask you if you are from ST or not, they know each other.

Besides, there's no way your data can be traced through your HL, that's OBVIOUS, anyone that knows a bit a programming can tell, your HL is only your access to ST servers.

Ask Barubary, she knows way better.

5KY
Oct 1, 2003, 01:12 PM
so ST can't ban your HL?? i know weapons can go up to 100% but i haven't found any legit weapon with more than 30% so far.

Even though i have a few legit Kaladbolg
damn i was still a sucker~!!

Ketchup345
Oct 1, 2003, 02:28 PM
On 2003-10-01 10:24, Sounomi wrote:
Legitly, any weapon can have -10% to 100% in any area

Just a quick question, how is it possible to have a weapon with -10%? I know that -5 is possible (5% start +/- 10 = -5% after perfectly negative tek), but how is -10 possible since you can't tek items to have a % when they had 0% originally?

Logical2u
Oct 1, 2003, 02:32 PM
You can find weapons with -% to any stats prior to tekking. Someone wrote a story about giving a sword with -25% to hit to someone.

5KY
Oct 1, 2003, 02:46 PM
you can't tek weapon on xbox right?

Ketchup345
Oct 1, 2003, 02:50 PM
On 2003-10-01 12:46, 5KY wrote:
you can't tek weapon on xbox right?

You can. Tekking is only having the item IDed by the guy in the corner in the shop area, allowing you to have a special.

Ok, thanks, never knew about being able to find -%s before tekking.

Hrith
Oct 2, 2003, 01:06 PM
You cannot find -% on GC and XBOX, you can only find % ranging from 5% to 90%

Of course ST can ban you via HL, it's the only way they have to do so. But there is no way to trace the items you have/had through HL.
Only the server itself can trace the items you have. I do not think there is a way to trace back the items you had, nor is there to tell whether you found it or was given it.

ginko990
Oct 4, 2003, 11:55 PM
Ahaha, rofl. I can't believe I havn't done this yet.

Reenee
Oct 5, 2003, 12:29 AM
It's illegal to impersonate Sonic Team staff in the first place.

jt
Oct 5, 2003, 05:52 AM
On 2003-10-04 22:29, Reenee wrote:
It's illegal to impersonate Sonic Team staff in the first place.

its supposed to be "illegal" to hack/dupe the game but hey, ST doesnt give a flyin rats azz

primer567
Oct 5, 2003, 10:38 AM
so ST can't ban your HL??
If your banned they ban your gamertag not HL.

Zaneatron
Oct 5, 2003, 10:52 AM
people will only get banned for malisious practices like fsod and PK. i know this to be true because my friend did it to [ARG]Noodles. and when i asked him he said he had to get another copy of the game cos the other wouldnt work online

Logical2u
Oct 5, 2003, 02:08 PM
On 2003-10-02 11:06, Kefka wrote:

Then why (and how) did my HUmar find a Flowen's Sword Replica with -5% to Native?

ginko990
Oct 5, 2003, 04:26 PM
On 2003-10-05 12:08, Logical2u wrote:

Then why (and how) did my HUmar find a Flowen's Sword Replica with -5% to Native?

I dont knwo where Kefka got that from. You can find weapons with -%'s. I havn't found anything with less than -5% however.

Xion810
Oct 5, 2003, 05:14 PM
ST looks at your weapons, but they would never go straight-foreward and do it that way.

They look at what is being used by whom. Those people just ripped your ass OFF.

megamanx97
Oct 5, 2003, 05:36 PM
On 2003-10-01 10:24, Sounomi wrote:
Legitly, any weapon can have -10% to 100% in any area

Actually, hit % only goes to 90 according to ST

VioletSkye
Oct 5, 2003, 06:34 PM
heh, yeah where the hell did Kefka come up with that TOTAL INACCURACY. I found a wep awhile back that had -5% on it. I left it untekked in fact just for fun. This is exactly how stupid rumors and misinformation cause the rest of us headaches. If you don't know for a fact something about the game, then state it as an opinion or question. Don't come out and say "this is how it is". All you do is perpetuate more items for the rest of us to debunk.

And to 5KY, try not to be so gullible LOL. You should have messed around with those morons pretending to be from ST. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: VioletSkye on 2003-10-05 16:36 ]</font>

primer567
Oct 5, 2003, 08:12 PM
people will only get banned for malisious practices like fsod and PK. i know this to be true because my friend did it to [ARG]Noodles. and when i asked him he said he had to get another copy of the game cos the other wouldnt work online
You cant PK and you dont get banned for FSOD. You are misinformed, simple as that. One way you can get banned though is downloading the patch too many times.

Sashi
Oct 6, 2003, 05:03 AM
On 2003-10-05 14:26, ginko990 wrote:

On 2003-10-05 12:08, Logical2u wrote:

I dont knwo where Kefka got that from. You can find weapons with -%'s. I havn't found anything with less than -5% however.

Image! (http://www.bongrippers.net/rishyn/DSC00738.JPG) Took that a loooong time ago. Still have that gun too, for anyone who wants to see. Completley unedited Pic. Proof is in the pudding.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Sashi on 2003-10-06 03:04 ]</font>

CrimsonII2
Oct 6, 2003, 06:40 AM
well, if I recall right, I've seen a weapon with -15% on something before, and somehow a friend of mine had talked about getting a weapon that was -35% on hit, so I'd say that the negatives go further then -10, and also its definitely possible to find things with higher then 20% to 30%, I've found regular weapons, with 60% in at least one area before, and once I found something that had two spots with 55, and one with 45, if I recall right, it was a raygun, and the 45 was for hit (mind you this is all stuff from GC, I don't know about on Xbox)

Kanashimi
Oct 6, 2003, 01:11 PM
Agreed... My brother found a weapon (forget what) that had 50% on native, and i have a storm wand:indra that has -5% on a. beast

Hadrian
Oct 6, 2003, 02:16 PM
you got ripped of by a bunch of scammers, and % can go up to 100, i have found a few very close, a stag with 90 abeast, and club of zumiarn with 80 native, its very possible.

5KY
Oct 6, 2003, 02:37 PM
i don't know should i laugh or cry. In a way, i got ripped off but what i got ripped off was something i really don't give a shit. hmm..

btw...thanks for the comment and support