PDA

View Full Version : What do you think of Rangers

THOMAS_LARS
Oct 1, 2003, 03:23 PM
I know this is a dumb question, but I need all the advice I can get from anyone I can get it from.
Hears my problem I like rangers but I dont know what to expect for when I get to a higher difficulty and level I checked on character stats and its not enough I need advice from real people if anyone can I could use the advice if you dont mind.

Bit
Oct 1, 2003, 03:33 PM
Here is an equipment for Rangers Guide:

http://www.pso-world.com/sections.php?op=viewarticle&artid=717

When you get higher level, and have the ability to, Get a Frozen Shooter, or Spread Needle. Those are two high-performance weapons, and will really help you out in the long run.

Kamatz
Oct 1, 2003, 04:09 PM
RA's, played properly, are the easiest characters in the game to use. They have a whole slew of ranged weapons at their disposal and their APA (Accuracy) is second to none. Their disadvantage is a lack of ATP and the sad fact that in online games, they're often screwed out of good items because they lag back to snipe (the smart thing, for RA's and FO's), while dopey newb hunters charge in and, after getting their butt thoroughly whupped, snatch the nice red box up after the ranger or force makes the kill(s).

RAmar's have the absolute highest ATA in the game, followed by RAmarl. RAcast has the best ATP (Attack power), but the lowest accuracy. High physical defense, though. RAcaseal has, I think, the most balanced stats of the RA class. A good mix of ATA, ATP, DFP, and EVP.

Ranger androids are less annoying to play because their use of ranged weapons keeps them out of danger. Thus, less damage taken and less mates used.
Rangers also have some of the coolest weapons in the game, (OMHO)like the Garanz Launcher* and Anti Android Rifle.

Hunters get nice swords and such, but like I said, having the advantage of range makes things a lot easier.

*Note: I say "Garanz" because the bloody thing is Orange and green, not blue and red. They shoulda named the weapons more appropriately. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime2.gif

Genoa
Oct 1, 2003, 04:32 PM
YoU wAnT RaMaRl !?!?!? If you like MST on your Rangers, it has to be RAmarl. RAmar is just embarrising with MST. My level 89 one was using a lvl. 10 Resta, my RAmarl at 103 is using lvl. 20! RAmar's Max Tech Disks are 15, RAmarls are 15 AND RAmarls can learn Jellen and Zalure. RAmar can't :/ So she has every disk except Reverser, Grants, and Megid. She's awesome if she has a good pow mag. Mine is using Frozen Shooter, Inferno Bazooka, and Delsaber Wear. And sometimes my Red Saber +78.

Rangers are actually ez'er on higher difficulties (to me atleast) HP and DFP is the problem. If they DO hit you, your probably going to fall. But RAmarl has great EVP so she blocks alot in Ult forest for me. And if I had to get an Android ranger, Definately RAcaseal. Best DFP in the game http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

DarkShinjaru
Oct 1, 2003, 04:41 PM
RAmarl
Lvl 20 Techs, minus grants, megid, reverser.

http://www.pso-world.com/sections.php?op=viewarticle&artid=1190

Genoa
Oct 1, 2003, 04:46 PM
Actually, if you want to be technical, Level 20 on all disks BUT Ryuker http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif yah, you didn't think of that! What if you could level Ryuker... It just casts faster and faster with less TP cost. hehe

DarkShinjaru
Oct 1, 2003, 05:08 PM
Also, if you would like to go technical on your comment, you get lvl 20 foie, zonde, barta, gifoie, gibarta, gizonde, rafoie, rabarta, razonde, jellen, zalure, shifta, deband, resta. Lvl 1 Ryuker, lvl 7 Anti.

Dillon
Oct 1, 2003, 05:15 PM
Rangers are just that, Rangers.

Like said, they usually get jipped out of Rares dropped because they've backing up a Hunter, or someone who just barged in like a moron. They have loooots of neat weapons.

I made a RAmar just to use the neat weapons they get. Even though I get horridly tired of picking them up, the Guilty Light, Final Impact, Red Scorpio, and Meteor Smash will be pretty neat to use. Although I'm aiming to get a Spread Needle: A Spread-like weapon with Rifle-like speed. (From what I've been told anyway.)

Anyway, it's just a matter of preference when it all comes down to it. Pick what you want, play how you choose.

flueggy
Oct 1, 2003, 05:46 PM
a RAcast may have the LOWEST ata but if you're a ranger there is no such thing as LOW ata, RAcasts and RAcaseal's have extemely good mix of stats, and RAmarls have the highest evp(evasion, blocking) in the game

Kamatz
Oct 1, 2003, 08:24 PM
Actually ST nerfed the Spread Needle severely in EpI/II. It has, more or less, the range of a mechgun, and it's former Arrest attribute seems to have been dumbed down to a Sieze or Bind.
Guess they were expecting it to get the heck duped out of it and decided to make it suck severely.
It did, and they did a fine job of that. Anyway...

*Throws down a Nie's claw and watches hordes of greedy players pile on top of it*

Dillon
Oct 1, 2003, 08:29 PM
Rofl

Giezus
Oct 1, 2003, 11:18 PM
I personally prefer my RAcast over all my characters (about 5 or 6 different ones). Its always helfull to have a Ranger/Robot on the team, so he can take out the traps so the Forces dont have to use resta/monomate and so the Hunters dont keep complaining "SOMONE REVIVE ME!!" (I hear that all the time). They're the most helpful in the later difficulties.

Stalfos333
Oct 2, 2003, 12:16 AM
Playing as Rangers is pretty safe. If you do multiplayer, you get a lot more EXP and a lot less Rares, so you have to play nice and keep the hunters happy!

Rogue100
Oct 2, 2003, 03:07 AM
I love my Ramarl. Although her ATP is nothing special, her stats in every other area are pretty impressive, and with nearly all techniques maxed(just need LVL 20 Barta, RaBarta, and LVL 7 Anti), and 1000+ TP, she stands in quite nicely for a force if there is isn't a real force in the room.