PDA

View Full Version : Corruption at the Minhiro screen?

_Sinue_
Oct 1, 2003, 11:33 PM
I've been offline GC PSO for the last few days, mainly because I was sick - but also because I wanted to soak up the last few days of the DC servers being online. When I went back to work today, my friend started telling me about a new wave of corruptions going on. Something about when you first log on, there will be a blue wave across the screen - sort of like the TJsword special - and it FSODs right at the first save point.

Has anyone else heard of this, or had it happen to them? Could this have anything to do with Sega trying to take the DC servers offline and F***ing something up? The timing is quite a coincidence, and it explains why the DC servers are still up.

polishedweasel
Oct 2, 2003, 03:11 AM
Nope, I know there was some guy trying to FSOD people in Ant 8 the other day, but I tend to ignore such things because he was doing it wrong. I shoulda got him banned anyway. But I haven't been FSOD'd and I keep my gamecube on 24 hours a day anyway. Meh.

Jack
Oct 2, 2003, 03:35 AM
It happens when the game is doing the first save, and you tap A quickly and enter a lobby where someone is doing the FSOD trick. Nearly happened to me.

trypticon
Oct 2, 2003, 10:09 AM
On 2003-10-02 01:11, polishedweasel wrote:
Nope, I know there was some guy trying to FSOD people in Ant 8 the other day, but I tend to ignore such things because he was doing it wrong.

Actually, he wasn't doing it wrong, and ended up successfully FSODING a few thousand players over a time period of about twelve hours. Then he finally FSOD'd himself, and everyone was able to play nice again.

zimmk2vgc
Oct 5, 2003, 08:27 AM
What are the signs of someone trying to FSOD people?