PDA

View Full Version : Questions about offline Quests

AdamW
Mar 31, 2001, 04:29 PM
I was just wondering if it is at all possible to encounter a rare enemy or even find a rare item in an offline quest. I have never done either. Granted, I have only played thru the Normal mode Quests, but I'm just wondering if playing the rest of them would be a complete waste of my time or not.

Sai-Yuk
Mar 31, 2001, 10:23 PM
I saw a hildeblue on the quest after the 'native research' one - forrest of sorrow or something, as for weapons... i got a delsabers right arm in from the depths i think... (also got Kireek's schythe but thats another story)

Does that help?

AdamW
Apr 1, 2001, 12:49 AM
Yup, very much so. Thank you.

Shir
Apr 1, 2001, 01:19 AM
Yes you can find rare enemies. My first rare enemy was a Nar Lily, but it was in a quest! I cursed it out as I killed it, because I knew it would drop nothing, rares not showing up in quests. And I get a monomate, woo! The next was was outside a quest and I got a Hero/Ability.
'Arms' are the only rare I've ever encountered in a quest. Maybe they slip through the rare net since they're items.

Sai-Yuk
Apr 1, 2001, 02:15 AM
Your missing the point, their not called 'rare items' for nothing... The frequency of them is severely lacking in the positive number region - people can find rare's on quests... its just rare

Sai-Yuk
Apr 1, 2001, 05:07 AM
On 2001-04-01 02:58, Gradius wrote:
I saw a Al Rappy in the quest with only rappies (can't think im really tired) it was normal difficulty.

You mean 'Fake in yellow'
Its also supposed to make it easier to get stag cutlery going on that mission on V.hard or something

Ice_
Apr 1, 2001, 05:16 AM
bah axcidently hit enter on last msg.. i hope the top part went threw........

COntinued..... and my brother found an alrappy on the quest that there is losts of alrappys.. but it gave him jack shit cuz it was in normal.... ii love how we can swear on these forums .. FUCK SHIT BITCH COCK PUSSY CLIT DICK
WHORE ASS.... lol

Sai-Yuk
Apr 1, 2001, 05:20 AM
On 2001-04-01 03:16, Ice_ wrote:
Continued..... and my brother found an alrappy on the quest that there is losts of alrappys.. but it gave him jack shit cuz it was in normal....

Yeah, you have to play on harder diffs to get rare items... I got lucky with my delsabers buster... and i cant use it cause i;m too weak!

Gradius
Apr 1, 2001, 05:58 AM
I saw a Al Rappy in the quest with only rappies (can't think im really tired) it was normal difficulty.