PDA

View Full Version : PSO Percentage of finding Rares

JJ
Mar 31, 2001, 05:20 PM
I think the last time they updated the servers the percentage of findings certain items was boasted. I have been finding things i never found before. Yesterday with my ID Yellowboze my friend found a spread needle and i found an HP/Revivial. The game before that i saw a Hildeblue for the first time and i got a Soul Eater. Has the same been happening for u ppl?

Selthik
Mar 31, 2001, 05:23 PM
I certainly hope so http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/icon_smile.gif

Cheech
Mar 31, 2001, 07:34 PM
I found a club of lac. today with 5% A.beast, 55% Machine, and 40% Dark. =D! I'm so happy.

ReikenFeralsbane
Mar 31, 2001, 07:52 PM
dam PSO.....latley...i havn't found jack....even offline...i find at least 25 material usualy....i found about 10 last night and today...my friends, yellowbose, has been finding Kaladolgs, an AGITO, brave Knuckles, and material, HUNTERS FIELDS at least once a game.....this game is realy pissing me off....also with his pinkal character, he found 2 MAGICAL PIECES...just last night....i dunno....this game is realy pissing me off...its letting me down..especialy after fighting my first hildeblue (after 50 hours of my last rare monster sighting) and he drop Difluid....Sonic Team is pissing the hell out of me right now, and its starting to draw me a way a little bit....but..i do like playing with people, and talking ...thats pretty much the only thing im holding onto....my hope for finding rares is diminishing...im losing faith...my sector id's are REDRIA, ORAN, and SKYLY.....oran and skyly are suppose to find good swords early...well....im not...and yellowbose is finding everything..its very unbalanced mechanics....

CASH
Mar 31, 2001, 08:26 PM
I wish I could say the same... I HAVEN'T FOUND SHIT! http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/icon_frown.gif

...And the only rare monsters I have ever seen were a Nar Lilly, and 2 Al Rappy, and that was 2 weeks ago. I wish I could be one of the lucky people...

Reaper
Mar 31, 2001, 08:31 PM
I am ORAN, and I am lvl 31 and In ruins at the moment, got up to Ruins 3 and didnt find shit!

Nothing rare at all, nothing even out of the ordinary??

ReikenFeralsbane
Mar 31, 2001, 09:07 PM
just think, we havn't collected very many rares, if any, and Vers2 promises a whole truck load of new ones...some we'll probably never obtain by ourselves. i don't like trading. i like finding items myself. and if i will never accomplish that by using my 4 characters, then i might as well not even search for rare items. We probably shouldnt be searching for them in the first place..we get over excitted, then let down. I think if we just play the game and let the rares come to us, then we will get some satisfaction. ...but yes i know, theyre just not comming.

" Within one fell swoop of my Chain Sawd blade, the lives of many shall be ended...and for what? For the joy of the hunt..."

<font size=1>[ This message was edited by: ReikenFeralsbane on 2001-03-31 18:12 ]</font>

MechDan
Mar 31, 2001, 09:45 PM
Every once in a while, someone posts something like this. I think it's just coincidence. Someone happens to find a bunch of rares, and posts this. Others who happen to luck out at the same time chime in.

All I can say is, enjoy your luck, fellows!

Spike
Apr 1, 2001, 01:39 AM
On 2001-03-31 16:52, ReikenFeralsbane wrote:
dam PSO.....latley...i havn't found jack....even offline...i find at least 25 material usualy....i found about 10 last night and today...my friends, yellowbose, has been finding Kaladolgs, an AGITO, brave Knuckles, and material, HUNTERS FIELDS at least once a game.....this game is realy pissing me off....also with his pinkal character, he found 2 MAGICAL PIECES...just last night....i dunno....this game is realy pissing me off...its letting me down..especialy after fighting my first hildeblue (after 50 hours of my last rare monster sighting) and he drop Difluid....Sonic Team is pissing the hell out of me right now, and its starting to draw me a way a little bit....but..i do like playing with people, and talking ...thats pretty much the only thing im holding onto....my hope for finding rares is diminishing...im losing faith...my sector id's are REDRIA, ORAN, and SKYLY.....oran and skyly are suppose to find good swords early...well....im not...and yellowbose is finding everything..its very unbalanced mechanics....[addsig]

Yeah, Yellowboze can find all that stuff... But none of it is rare. The only one over 9 stars is the Hunter Field (10 stars), but I have no idea why (man, I've found more Hunter Fields than Brave Knuckles). I personally think Yellowboze is the worst ID in the game. I would gladly trade you for Skyly if I could.

purhaze
Apr 1, 2001, 02:19 AM
i find braven knucles alot now, ive never found them before then in one week i find like 10 of them in the forest, i thought that was amazing, and im seeming to find tons more materia now

dethlord
Apr 1, 2001, 02:39 AM
I have NEVER found a rare.I only get rares in trades.I WANNA FIND RARES!!!!whew....Anyways,I probably shouldnt be talking,since im only lvl 28.Look for me in puck.Im hypersonikku,the humar.BTW,only rares I got are DBsaber and inferno bazooka.ATA materials are VERY welcome.

watashiwa
Apr 1, 2001, 04:33 AM
Yes, it definitely went up. With my LV100 Oran I found an Inferno Bazooka and a bunch of double sabers last week or the week before. Just today I found 5 good rares:

Hero/Ability (From a Nar Lily),
Fire Scepter: AGNI,
Brave Hammer,
CUSTOM RAY ver 00, and
KADAKGOLG.

Not bad, eh? These rares were found with my new Pinkal force named Zoe! (no pic yet) ^_^

Oh, and last week my Skyly HUmar found a Hero/Ability (again from a Nar Lily) plus saw 2 Al Rappies and a Pofulliy Slime. He retrived a Revival Garment and a D-Parts v1.01 with 3 slots from one of those creatures. I can't remember which.

Ice_
Apr 1, 2001, 05:03 AM
i jsut started my guy over yesterday and in 7 hours and 40 minutes i got 2 lvl 24 ( alot of playin in ruins with loaned stuff from friends) and i foudn 2 Delsabres right arms and an Agito 1991 in normal... with ym other characters ididnt findjack shit with ymcharacter till lvl 75
... same thing happened to my brother and a friend of mine hmmmm.... THIS WOUDL MAKE A GREAT POST LOL.. brb

Gandalf
Apr 1, 2001, 10:44 AM
Its simply....Luck. I happen to think section id has absolutely nothing to do with it...or else the game would be to confusing. If rares were dependent on section id tell me this:
When your playing with other people from different id, when you kill a monster, how does the game determin which rare from which id to give you...if any at all? And if the Game does pick one at random...just play with other people and your luck will change!!!

Spike
Apr 1, 2001, 02:23 PM
I know for a fact that your Section ID determines all the items you find. I have over 7.6 million exp. on my Yellowboze character, so I know the ID in and out. I can tell you exactly what I can find in Forest and what monster drops it. Then if I play someone else's ID, it all changes around.

Reaper
Apr 1, 2001, 04:06 PM
I think its dependant on who started the game!! Thats whos section ID affects the items game!

CASH
Apr 1, 2001, 05:27 PM
Watashiwa, where did you find the Brave Hammer, and the Custom Ray?

Crystal
Apr 1, 2001, 06:20 PM
The other day I found two Photon clas and a Double saber if thats not good i dont know what is. Also today (or yesterday can't remember) I found an agito 1977. I also found 2 brave knukels, a Cross Scare, And 2 Fire Scepter:Angie. I am yellowboze and around level 60.

HellCastor
Apr 1, 2001, 06:38 PM
Hey I was in that game with you JJ. Ok ummm, this was kinda weird. I have never found blade dances with my id, I have found a ton of them but NOT with my id. So I was playin WITH MY ID in the mines and I find 3 blade dances in one room. Couple rooms later I find 1 double saber, then the next room I find another Double saber. Then I find a Visk in a box with 60% against Native! Wow I'm pretty happy. I'm still pissed though. All I can ever find in forest are HUNTER FIELDS and AGITO'S. I'm Redria and I would like to find some different things in forest. I have found like 12 agitos already and they are all the same year!

watashiwa
Apr 1, 2001, 06:51 PM
Cash, the BRAVE HAMMER was found in very hard Ruins. The Custom RAY was found in very hard Caves.

Spike
Apr 2, 2001, 03:50 AM
Yep, Custom Ray is Viridia V-hard Caves. Dropped by a Guil Shark. That's where I got mine anyway...

watashiwa
Apr 2, 2001, 04:28 AM
I found mine with my new Pinkal force named Zoe! ^_^ V-hard caves too, though.

Scorpio
Apr 2, 2001, 05:11 AM
At certain time, in certain servers, the chance of finding rares will be upgraded for a period of 100 beat.

Example,

1. DB's Sabre - 50%
2. Flowen's Sword - 25%
3. Cross Scar - 12.5%
4. Photon Claws - 6%
5. Double Sabre - 3%
6. Twin Brand - 1% (dependent on Section ID as well)

During the Peak Beat, the rares will skip one or even 2 class up the % range. ie. 6% of finding a Twin Brand, 12.5% of finding a Double Sabre and 50% of finding a Photon Claw.

This was taught to me by a Japanese veteran player.

VampireLR
Apr 2, 2001, 05:33 AM
Section ID does determine what items are dropped. I was playing a Redria game and for the first time I got a rare armor called Force Field. I never got that playing Very Hard as Whitill and I have played that character for over 400 hours now.

Also I found a rare item on normal. Has anyone got that..? I was playing my new char who's a Pinktal and got a special club item although it was only a club of laconium the shocking part I was playing ruins on normal mode at level 20.

CUTIE
Apr 2, 2001, 07:14 AM
Check this site out.....it tells u everything...=) http://db.gamefaqs.com/console/dreamcast/file/phantasy_star_online_section_id_rares.txt
BTW....I AM CUTE !!!

Maverick_X
Apr 2, 2001, 11:21 AM
I dont really think it is true that Yellowboze is the worst id. I have been finding alot of things. I found a custom ray v00, advanced regen gear, Parasite Wear:Vajulla, Stink Frame, Double Saber, Photon Claw, Silence Claw, Durandal, Kaladgolg, 2 mag cells, magical piece and an inferno bazooka. So do you see where i am getting at?? ;D

dystopia
Apr 2, 2001, 11:46 AM
Myrafe! http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/icon_razz.gif

Anyone know how good your Luck stat has to be to find anything good? My luck is 29 and all I seem to find are Varistas, DB Sabres, MSE's, and Club of Lac.

It seriously sucks. I get quite a few materials, but every rare I find is one of the above.

AxemPunanny
Apr 2, 2001, 01:27 PM
For those of you that haven't found "sh*t," lemme share an experience I had a few days ago. I was playing a game with Akumi(Sciler) and Zion; Ruins on VHard. I don't remember what Id Akumi was. I was playing my RAcast (DCMarine-Whitill). We were finding ??SPECIALWEAPON, by the truckloads; one every other room on average. Well most of this happened after Akumi had to leave. After that this one run through Ruins 1-3, I came out with 20 rares.

20 rares; most from what I found, actually what we all found. They gave me some. DCMarine had plenty of room in the bank; after that game, he got no more room. DCMarine was asking the bank lady for another storage compartment.
I've found 2 rares offline on normal, both in ruins with my FOnewm (XPunanny-BlueFull).

It's unfortunate that some of you haven't found much. It could be an imbalance, but alot times it's luck. I've played 150+ hrs with XPunanny(LV55), and 70 hrs with DCMarine(LV47). I've managed to find 2 rare monsters; Al Rappy & Nar Lily. The Al Rappy, DCMarine spotted within 5 hours of starting the game; forest/normal/offline/sidequest. Talk about a rare experience, dropped 900 mesetas. The Nar Lily, XPunanny found in Caves 1 (Hard), dropped Hero/Ability. Mind you, all those hours don't include actually playing, alot of chatting, soliciting, feeding mags, bathroom/eating breaks, etc. I don't mean to knock those who haven't found sh*t, but you gotta keep trying, and you'll be lucky. Most rares you won't even use, and you might find too much. I know it's nice to find all these things, but I'm asking myself:
"What am I gonna do with all this stuff... probably won't use em all, plus if I find all these rares like I did in Ruins-VHard like I did that one game, it'll start getting boring cause it takes away from working so hard. I'd rather spent hours upon hours finding items than having everything handed to me."

Good Luck.

Spike
Apr 2, 2001, 08:00 PM
On 2001-04-02 09:21, Maverick_X wrote:
I dont really think it is true that Yellowboze is the worst id. I have been finding alot of things. I found a custom ray v00, advanced regen gear, Parasite Wear:Vajulla, Stink Frame, Double Saber, Photon Claw, Silence Claw, Durandal, Kaladgolg, 2 mag cells, magical piece and an inferno bazooka. So do you see where i am getting at?? ;D[addsig]

Yeah, you found most of that stuff in games created by other people, heh. I always play in games created by good ID's now (Skyly, Viridia, Whitill, etc.) and that's how I found so much stuff.